PDA

View Full Version : dye frame? dont post unless u got 1 please

Mag Master 04
08-04-2002, 07:47 PM
i waz wondering if a dye frame would work good w a ReTro, i have a benchy and there is too much slack, it dosnt have much bounce either

Mag Master 04
08-04-2002, 08:49 PM
what bout intellys?

Arturus
08-04-2002, 08:54 PM
Yes, in the end it comes down to preference...

but I'll take a chance and say that the intelli's are the best mechanical frames made for AGD markers... Simply because it was designed by AGD to specifically fit it's own markers. I run into people at the field all the time, that try out my Mag and comment on how nice the trigger feels.

I've yet to see a single complaint over it (other than perhaps it's price).

Only thing comparable may be the frame's made by Benchmark.

shartley
08-04-2002, 08:56 PM
IntelliFrames are fantastic.

Mag Master 04
08-04-2002, 09:00 PM
benchy, hmmm lol, i got 1 and it sux, there is not enought space for the trigg rod to move to make the retro do its thing, lol

xtreme paintball
08-04-2002, 09:43 PM
Personally, I like the Benchy better than the Dye. I had a Dye, but the trigger wobbled in the frame. I didn't like that much. Just my 2 pennies...

Mag Master 04
08-04-2002, 09:46 PM
the benchy wobbles 2, but it wont work w/ my retro, dunno y, but im 110% sure thats thats the prob

Hexis
08-04-2002, 10:11 PM
Intelli is better than a DYE frame. It's way way better than a benchy frame. I have used a benchy, ugh. I reciently replaced a DYE with an Intelli. The DYE was ok, but the Intelli is worth every penny.

Mag Master 04
08-04-2002, 10:18 PM
so intelli it is, do n e of u guys shoot a retro w yur telli?

Hexis
08-04-2002, 10:19 PM
I do. Wonderful combination.

Mag Master 04
08-04-2002, 10:25 PM
hexus do u got aim?

Mag Master 04
08-04-2002, 10:26 PM
hexis** sry bro

Hexis
08-04-2002, 10:40 PM
Nope. This or irc for me.

Mag Master 04
08-04-2002, 10:44 PM
got ya, dose n e 1 run a retro w a benchy?

tranman
08-04-2002, 11:31 PM
Try and learn how to spell! Anyways you run a preset tank, if you're trying to make the gun go into "run-away" mode where the trigger bounces off your finger (which is not the the RT or retro is meant to do) then you should get an adjustable tank and put the pressure higher until you get the reactivity that you want.

joeyjoe367
08-05-2002, 12:00 AM
I dunno, but I'm the only person I know that's owned both frames, and I think I'd like to say that the Dye does hold it's own, and they can be gotten pretty cheaply from Tunaman.

The only thing that really screwed with me, was the Dye Trigger isn't milled correctly and it sticks inside the trigger guard when the trigger is pulled. A little Filing fixed that pretty good.

Tolerances on the Intelliframe are much better, and You don't have to worry about the trigger sticking. not to mention it's got hookups for the roller-sear thingie for intellifeed.

If you're not worried about the intellifeed, I'd say that the Dye frame is a great contender with the intelliframe (If you're on a budget) however, the intelliframe is better if you've got the $$.

BajaBoy
08-05-2002, 01:10 AM
i have retro with bench.. well i dont have the rt but my friend lets me use it.. it works alright not much diff between classic and rt.. ide go 4 the intelly

RetroEclipseMan
08-05-2002, 02:00 AM
I got my Dye 45 frame when i bought my mag. It's nice. Once the gun is gassed up there is little to no play what so ever. I am switching to an inteli-frame once i get my next paycheck though. The inteli may seem cheaper but you still have to buy a trigger and grips and you get all that with the inteli so there really isn't much of a difference.

xtreme paintball
08-05-2002, 04:02 PM
Ok...here's the deal. I just tried out a couple friends' Dye frames, and theirs didn't wobble NEAR as much as mine did. I guess I just got the "bad apple". After trying out two of theirs, my opinion of the Dye frame has turned around 180 degrees. I'm now considering replacing my Benchy with a good Dye frame. I'll be upset if I get another bad one though.

magman007
08-05-2002, 09:05 PM
go for the intelli, the dye voids your warrenty...

Hexis
08-05-2002, 09:08 PM
go for the intelli, it's just plain better. Plus I have never seen a blade trigger for a DYE. That's more intelli goodness.

pumpamatic
08-06-2002, 01:07 AM
Hey man, I'm shooting a blade trigger on a Dye. Made by Tysonmachado. I would say it's a very nice pull, but I haven't shot the intelliframe. Still, little side to side play and short. The thing is, I think Dye frames are kinda screwy. I have an old style Dye frame with Dye trigger, and it has at least a half inch of side-side play. My bladed new style has nowhere near that much. My friends old style with dye trigger has a tiny bit more than my blade. All in all, if you're buying used, I'd buy intelliframe. I kinda wish I have one, I might give the warp a try if I did.

Mag Master 04
08-06-2002, 01:35 AM
i shot a retro w the same tank as me and intelli and he didnt do n e thing to the valve at all and it waz whoop ***, it smoked mine, he couldnt find the sweet spot on mine, nor could i, but i did on his, it rips!!

X-Plosive
08-06-2002, 08:37 AM
Has anyone taken a close look at there intelliframe? There are several minor cosmetic machining flaws. They are pretty visible in person. I HAD three intelli's (one in every color) and they all have these flaws. Now I'm only down to 1 in matte black. The most noticeable flaw is directly behind the trigger where that lowered indent is.

Mechanically it performs alright but in my oppinion no better than the DYE frames. The DYE frame swill cost about the same price in the end. $75+$15+20=$110. But the cost of the frame varies anywhere from $75 to $85. I had a DYE frame for about a week and ruined the safety hole so tunaman took it back. I eventually went back to the DYE frame after my disappointment with the intelliframe. However DYE frames aren't completely flawless. There is a little front play in the trigger (very similar to the z-grip" and you have to tap the safety hole.