PDA

View Full Version : Looking to set up a team for the Action Markers pump tourney at Shattnerball.

Tack
08-04-2002, 08:38 PM
Here is the official AO pump tourney team for Shattnerball. Anyone who wants to come out on Friday around noon to chear us on feel free. We need all the help we can get. Maybe even Tom...er I mean "The Leader of our Grand Collective" will stop by and look in" ;)

TEAM ASSIMILATORS
Tack = Back/Safety
Hitmanng = Mid/Right Tape
Datapimp69 = Mid
Manike = Probablly Left Tape
Fred = Right Tape
WYN1370 = Left Tape (Reserve)
Ratt = Front (Reserve)

I don’t know how many of you saw the add on Paintballcity.com but there is going to be a pump tourney hosted by Action Markers at Shattnerball. The date is Friday the 29th around noon. I think there are going to be 16 teams playing a round robin style tourney so there will be a lot of games to play.

I am looking for some players that are interested in trying to get an AO team to represent at the tourney. It’s a 5 man team. I am looking to play and I think my buddy Ratt will be playing. I haven’t talked to him yet but he is usually game.

If you are interested go to http://www.actionmarkers.com/whatsNew/shatner.php the page will have all the rules.

I am looking for at least 3, maybe 4 people interested. If my buddy is willing to play I will take the first three that are really interested and post here. The entry fee is 150, that is 30 apiece plus paint. If you want to play I will be willing to take on the helm of captain if no one else wants to. I am looking for players who will be serious about playing but willing to go out there and have some fun. The last thing I want is to get everything set up and then someone back out. I don’t want to sound like a prick about it but I have set up tourneys in the past and everyone has backed out at the last moment. I am out to have some fun, play some paintball and maybe win some really cool markers.

Hope we can get something worked out. I am going to call tomorrow and see how many spots are still open. The last day for entries is I think Aug 26th.

datapimp69
08-04-2002, 10:05 PM
they are even suppling the guns!

i could be down with that..

i wasent planing to geting there till the afternoon on friday.

but i only live in michign and am driving, so i could just leave earlier.

Tack
08-04-2002, 11:21 PM
Well, that's one possible. Like I said, I will talk with my buddy and call the company tomorrow and try to get more info.

hitmanng
08-04-2002, 11:49 PM
I will be there that day and willing to play but I must say I am not an experianced pump player. I am a scenario player at heart and have used a pump a few times in rec play. If you want me I will be there though.
Hitmanng

Tack
08-05-2002, 01:42 AM
Hitmanng: I don't have alot of pump experience my self but it really dosn't matter. I am just wanting to play some paintball and if we get a chance to win some cool stuff the better. If you want to play it's cool wiht me. I play a little of everything but havn't played with a pump in a while myself. If you want, I will put your name on the unoffical list. When I get some more info I will PM anyone who wants to play.

wyn1370
08-05-2002, 07:36 AM
I know you could get Fred to play. He's in school for the summer and doesn't come here enough to catch this. But I'm sure you can count him and his silly phantom in. And if he doesn't want to, I'll steal his phantom and come play.

datapimp69
08-05-2002, 09:49 AM
wyn,

you have to play with there guns.

so you dont need to steal any.

wyn1370
08-05-2002, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by datapimp69
wyn,

you have to play with there guns.

so you dont need to steal any.
sorry I didn't read too much in your first post. Fred may not play if it's $30.
I don't have too much experience playing pump. But if you're desperate for an extra player, I'm in.

halo13
08-05-2002, 11:41 AM
Where did the company actionmarkers come from? Are they a break off from a larger company(their designs remind me of tribal)? And for that matter, where did sytem X come from? For a company that didn't exist two years they seem to have a lot of money for marketing and production.

Tack
08-05-2002, 12:21 PM
WYN1370: If you want to play that is cool. Like I said before, I just want to get a team togather and have some fun. I don't have alot of pump experience myself so it's cool.

Halo13: I don't know much about them but a friend of the field owner where I play has met the owners and he is very impressed with the set up.

I'll keep this post up for a couple more days incase someone who has volunteered backs out and anyone else wants to join in.

Tack
08-05-2002, 12:55 PM
I just finished talking to Action Markers. There are about 5 teams signed up as of now so there is still time. They will provide the markers for the game. They will be their new AM-P Illusion pumps. They look allot like a WGP Sniper.

Field paint required which should be at the $65/case price for the Shattnerball event.

Registration is to be done through CPX. Once I get a finalized team I will contact the field and get things rolling. The entry is $150/team and will come down to $30/player plus paint cost.

They will be taking the first 16 teams to register so the sooner we get things finalized the better chance we have to play.

Tack.
As of right now it is Me, Hitmanng, Wyn1370 with Ratt and Datapimp69 as possibles.

Fred
08-05-2002, 01:11 PM
Ok...

this sounds interesting...

you have to use their markers??? good, since my Phantom is at Punisher's and I don't expect to get it back before Shatnerball... and i have yet to use my sterling in a game.

I'm hoping to borrow a VSC phantom for the couple days of play before Shatnerball to get back into shape as it were.

Prizes??? what kind of pump do we have to use??? I think I could swing another 30... is it the same paint as the field paint for the Shatnerball games???

details details details... so put me down for a possible, and have Wyn email me some answers and info.

---Fred

halo13
08-05-2002, 08:57 PM
CPX field paint is RPS incase anybody was wondering. Hopefully the action markers will have a good barrel fit.

magman007
08-05-2002, 11:47 PM
it would be hella cool if you used automag pump kits!

Tack
08-06-2002, 01:53 AM
It looks like we have a team. As it stands right now the team is

Tack
Ratt
Datapimp69
Hitmanng
Wyn1370
fred = possible.

As of now we have no idea how to swing 6 players in a 5 man team but I think things can be worked out.

Fred, as for your questions, the pump we will be useing is the Action Markers AM-P Illusion (www.actionmarkers.com). It looks to me like a version of the WGP sniper series. I think there is only one prize (but will find out tomorrow) that is the custom illusions that are worth over 2000 each. As for paint, I believe that it will be the same paint at 65/case.

Once I contact CPX I will get the info to everyone who is playing.

Tack
08-07-2002, 05:46 PM
Check your PM's Guys. :)

Fred
08-07-2002, 07:56 PM
Ok Fellas, i'm in!

Tack, check your PMs...

---Fred

Follow up: Checked out the website... are these Illusions STOCK CLASS!!!???? If so... :D I got my stock harness all set up already for my normal Phantom SC stuff... :)

Gotta love the stick feed and small CO2... but I doubt they'll be set up for 12 grams.

Tack
08-07-2002, 09:11 PM
As far as I know they are standard feed and air. The prize pumps look like they have a stick feeder on them though. When I get ahold of CPX tomorrow I will get as much Info as I can.

Fred
08-08-2002, 07:44 PM
I second the motion for our team name to be "The Assimilators" :)

---Fred

datapimp69
08-08-2002, 09:41 PM
i agree with "The Assimilators"

it has my vote

wyn1370
08-09-2002, 07:29 AM
I'm putting my vote in for "The Assimilators"

Tack
08-09-2002, 07:55 AM
Sounds like we have a team name. To bad there aren’t any AO jerseys ready or we have time to make some up. I could probably get some if anyone is interested but with short notice it would probably cost some more. Let me know if you want to try.

Fred has informed me that Total Grief is playing in the tourney. They play a lot of stock/pump so they will be tough, but with TK and the Borg on our side we should be strong.

I need everyone to give me their email addresses. As soon as I get the info I will PM everyone with everyone else’s info so we can get in touch. If you have a cell phone and are bringing it with you give that number to me as well, that way we can get together when we get into town. Ratt and I will get there sometime Thursday afternoon.

Tack
08-19-2002, 03:25 PM
New update!!!!!!! The notorious Manike has decided to grace our team with his vast variety of paintball skills. Wyn1370 has graciously stepped aside and will play as an alternate so he can play full time.

Hope everyone from AO will come out and root for the Official AO Pump Team, the Assimilators!

manike
08-19-2002, 04:02 PM
LMAO :) Notorious huh?

Now I feel guilty for taking Wyn's place...

So we have to use their pumps huh? hmm will have to go look what we get to use... I was gonna bring out a new Sterling STP.

manike

wyn1370
08-19-2002, 04:05 PM
Don't feel guilty. You'll actually be doing the team a favor by making so I can't play.

Muzikman
08-19-2002, 04:37 PM
Manike,
I'll give you a bed to sleep on if you give me the STP:)

manike
08-19-2002, 04:40 PM
Hey Muzikman I can bring one out if you want one? (but not free)

Aren't you playing the pump thing also?

manike