PDA

View Full Version : Not everyone believes the myth that autocockers have more range

hitech
08-04-2002, 08:48 PM
Some think that the automag has more range! At the field today as we were discussing the plans for the start of the game a guy noticed my 'mag. His comment, you have really good range right? His buddy with the autococker was not amused! ;) He conceded that I had more range. I didn't have the heart to correct them. ;)

BTW, field limit is 290, I was consistently at 288. Guess that could be where my range came from. ;)

rhetor22
08-04-2002, 08:50 PM
automags can fly too. its true.

i believe that pumps are the most accurate only because of how you hold them. i still love my mag though, i don't care how well it fires. its just a silly looking tube its so cute.

paintbattler
08-04-2002, 08:55 PM
mags are the best..cocker guys are just jealous

Coaster
08-04-2002, 09:06 PM
yeah, rhetor i have to agree with you. My friend's pump is the most accurate gun i have ever shot(phantom CCI with CA)

than205
08-04-2002, 10:27 PM
I got a great one. My friend and I were playing today. And we got our velocity checked twice on the field. This is after we go through the required chrono at the beginning of the day. (we both have nitro, so the co2 excuse didn't wash) Later, I'm talking to someone from the other team as we're walking off the field. And he's telling me how he bought his marker because of it's great long range and he was surpised that I was right on top of him.
Later, I couldn't help but notice at least two barrels that were at somewhere in the vicinity of twenty inches long.
It's funny how old paintball lore/thinking won't die.

The best parts for me was watching the guy on my team with the cocker breaking balls. And me with my level 7 only break one out of 1500 and that was due to a dead battery in my hopper.
Then people commenting that my mag was real quiet. They were wondering what I was shooting and my buddie has to tell them "it's just a mag". The stock RTP barrel is awesome.

hitech
08-05-2002, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by than205
They were wondering what I was shooting and my buddie has to tell them "it's just a mag".

It's funny, I haven't ever had anyone say anything bad about my 'mag. They seem to have a better rep. where I play at, even though you don't see very many of them any more. All the newbies comment on how I have a "top of the line" marker. :D

than205
08-05-2002, 02:49 PM
Actually, my friend shoots a mag, has for a long time, and is the one that influenced me to get one.
What he was saying is that it's bone stock, nothing else needed.
Even funnier is that at that very moment I was shooting and thinking "wow, this is loud".
I guess it may not be.