PDA

View Full Version : Why should I get a mag??

Archangel
08-04-2002, 09:22 PM
Ok I at the moment have a 98c and am thinking of getting a mag(perferably a micromag) and I need some (more) reasons to decide this over something else, so please facts and opinions about why I should get a mag!
Thank you

Will Wood
08-04-2002, 09:47 PM
I went from a 98C to a mag...and it was well worth it. It is better..Much easier to clean, just as simple if not more, level 10, looks different, many other reasons. Get one!

spazzed
08-04-2002, 09:51 PM
Because the 5000+ members of AO say so. :D

TRIAD
08-04-2002, 09:59 PM
If you're considering a micro, are you getting it new or used. Because for what those go for (not real sure) you can get an EMag used. Now, it all depends on preference, but I would rather have the EMag. So hey, give it a look, but why to get a mag, hmm, the list is endless:
Great customer service
Ability to talk to the owner of the company
Great owners group
Reliable
Proven Performance
Many aftermarket choices to customize the marker to your style (less than autococker, but we'll not go there :D )
Level 10 (WOW, this is awesome :cool: )

Archangel
08-04-2002, 10:09 PM
I was thinkin of gettin one used, on ebay alot of them are as cheap as regular mags(and I like the fact of cocker threads)
http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?MfcISAPICommand=GetResult&query=micromag&ht=1&itemtimedisp=0&st=2&SortProperty=MetaEndSort&BasicSearch= here is the link to micro mags

personman
08-04-2002, 10:10 PM
I went from 98c to Automag.. and well.. I love it.
I personally do not like the 'long' feel of the tippmann.
Automags and Tippmanns are both very reliable guns and both have their strong points. There might be a few more things on a Tippmann you can tinker with, or customize, but the Automag really doesnt need any tinkering or customizing to make it work great. Now I'm not saying that Tippmanns dont work good to begin with, but face it, a Tippmann 98 Custom with stock barrel and a 20 oz with no drop isnt very comfortable to play with. Trust me, I would know, that was my setup. Now look what I have gone from. A monster to a mouse. Look at my gun in my signature. I like it compact, however others may not. In that case, put on a 14 inch barrel, take off the warp and the drop. Mags are small in general, there bodies are really tiny compared to a Tippmann's. I see that you would like to have a micromag. Me too actually, but Im kinda in a bad position. Anyway, If your ready to take a big leap in size, then go for the mag.
Other reasons might be that Mags are so much easier to field strip its not funny. You just unhook the air line, unscrew the field strip screw (the silver looking screw in the back) Pull the trigger down and out the whole thing comes! Hehe you dont have to spend five minites unscrewing the many screws of a T98c. Also the customer service of AGD is great! Everyone here on AO will help you with your problems very quick and with easy fixes (because we have no life) With level 10 out, Mags are unbelieveable. When a Tippmann may chop a paintball and send spray into your elbow, breech and hopper, a mag would just go pshht and fire the ball. I have probally missed a couple points..
Enjoy whatever you end up getting :D

paintbattler
08-04-2002, 11:11 PM
because its made by AGD..haha

Archangel
08-04-2002, 11:52 PM
Thanks guys, well I think I will definitly get a mag, now I have to start saving, but to the next question, which one?

personman
08-04-2002, 11:53 PM
A classic will do you right, but if you want to get fancy, maby an RT pro.
You should probally buy an automag from the classifieds, you'll probally get a better deal if you dont mind buying used things.

Archangel
08-04-2002, 11:55 PM
My orgional thought was to get a micromag of ebay, so used doesn't bother me

Timmee
08-04-2002, 11:59 PM
For a long time, I was unsure of the performance vs. cost aspect of the 'Mag. Once I tried a 'Mag, however, I quickly realized that for the price you pay, you get a whole lot of performance. BTW, Micromags are nice (I've got a fixed barrel Micromag in black), but you might have to fiddle with it a little more than a regular 'Mag due to differences in tolerances.

Archangel
08-05-2002, 12:12 AM
My only concern is how mags perform with C02, But I'm sure I could just get an anti-siphon tube,or remote

BajaBoy
08-05-2002, 12:45 AM
ide go 4 it.. u cant go wong with what ever mag u pick.. micro.. :( but still its a mag

Spudchucker
08-05-2002, 12:46 AM
for a little more than the price of an anti scyiphon tank, you can gt a nitro, which is really a lot better for a mag. Here are some good reasons to get a mag:

ReTro Valve (upgrade): This has got to be the coolest thing ive ever seen. Pull the trigger, and it instantly pops right back into firing position with 800 psi behind it. This valve allows for over 26 BPS, and is considered bar none, the best valve in paintball.

Level 10 (upgrade): Never break paint again! If it so much as even nicks a paintball, the shot is cancelled and all you hear is a little hiss. It is impossible to break a ball with this.

Z Body (upgrade): Turns your gun into an adjustable flatline system! Distances are compareable to the tippmann flatline!

Customer Support: Definitely the best ive ever seen!

Reliability: This gun will last you a lifetime and never fail on the field if properly cared for.

Field Stripability: Just perform a few steps and the whole valve assembly comes right out! I can do it in under a minute.

I LOOOOOOVE MY MAG! :D

Miscue
08-05-2002, 01:02 AM
ArchAngel... your sig is kinda big.

Archangel
08-05-2002, 02:05 AM
Is it big? i'm sorry It's the same one that I use on the tippmann forum, oh and what is this Z-body?

Archangel
08-05-2002, 03:23 PM
UP!

the jackal
08-05-2002, 04:48 PM
The z-body is a replacement body for the mag that takes cocker threaded barrels and has an adjustable skid plate that will put backspin on the paintball. You can adjust it from no backspin to so much backspin that the ball will rise in the air. I've never even seen one in person so I can't comment on their performance but you can check them out at www.skanline.com

Cristobal
08-05-2002, 04:53 PM
... or go direct to the site of the people who make the z-body galactic systemz (http://www.galacticz.com)

Archangel
08-05-2002, 05:10 PM
Thanks guys I'll look into it when I get a mag,which might be a few months(I'm saving up for other stuff too)

PyRo
08-05-2002, 08:56 PM
Customer service
Preformance
Reliablity
:)

Spudchucker
08-05-2002, 09:54 PM
if your gonna buy a mag, and will eventually get a z body upgrade, the just get the z body and the valve seperately, because the z body is basically a whole new frame. You are wasting almost $300 i you just buy a whole gun and the the z body.

If i were you, the first upgrade to get would be the retro valve. Like i said ealier, there is nothing like it! I have searched all over the net, and have not found one even slightly bad review for it.

Archangel
08-06-2002, 03:01 PM
>>>>>How about making your sig not show in every post. Just uncheck that little "Show Signature" box at the bottom.<<<<<<
well I redused(well not me really)the size so all may rest peacfully