PDA

View Full Version : Level10 paint choices

rx2
08-04-2002, 09:51 PM
I wasn't satisfied with the search results, so here it goes...

Now that chopping is no longer a consideration with Level 10, and other types of breaks have been greatly reduced (or in my case, eliminated), I am looking to use a different paint through my Mag.

Currently, I use RPS paint, usually Marbs or the like, and it has served its purpose well. However, I find that I am no longer content with its performance. This morning, I must have bounced half of my paint off of the target. Last weekend yeilded similar results. Also, with the cheaper prices on-line, I am more compelled to order than work with the often expensive and limited local shops.

When bounce-testing these paints (which were fresh Marbs AND All-stars), I averaged 5 bounces from 6 feet of both types. One bounced 10 times before the seam split very slightly. Now, one did break after 1 bounce, but that was an outlier.

Another problem I noticed is that the fill fades quickly into darker clothing, and I have already caught some cheaters.

So, now that I have established some background, here is my question. What is a good thin-shelled paint that will break easily on target from across the field, leave a decent mark (doesn't have to be Evil), and will work well through a .688 bore barrel? I would like a quality paint, but since it would be primarily for practice, it doesn't have to be the best. Price range I would consider would be around that of RPS (which offer some headroom). The most important factor, though, is that it should break more easliy than RPS, but the fragility should be by design and not due to poor manufacturing.

There you have it. Please suggest what paint you think would best suited to my specifications.

CFD323
08-04-2002, 09:55 PM
I was having the same problems as you. I was unhappy with the RPS premiums so I shot the Marb's for a long time. It seemed like they've gotten bouncier now so I switched to Diablo Blaze and I love it. It seems to break well on target, yet not in the gun too bad. It's not the most brittle but it's not the hardest either. I use it in my Boomy and it shoots great. A couple of guys I play with used it last winter and had a lot of breaks on a couple outings, but I think that might be attributed to playing in the cold, with the paint sitting out the whole time. And while they had problems with it that day, I didn't so who knows. I try to only shoot Diablo blaze now, and once I get my LVL10, I may switch to some of the different Diablo types.

TRIAD
08-04-2002, 10:02 PM
RPS Premiums have the thickest fill IMO.

wimag
08-04-2002, 10:06 PM
Diablo Inferno, blue fill. Breaks easy. leaves a very noticeable mark. does not fade.

rx2
08-04-2002, 10:07 PM
Quick...
Thank you.

rehme
08-04-2002, 10:13 PM
yeah diablo inferno blue works the best i think because i remember i shot some one on the hand and they did not have gloves on and it like soaked into the skin or whatever and it was there for the whole day the next day he said it lasted through 3 showers and it was very faint still

CleenSweep
08-04-2002, 10:18 PM
I like Severe cyclone or Terra. They've finally got a great formula and are sticking with it.

paintbattler
08-04-2002, 11:13 PM
try brass eagle and see what it does

Arturus
08-05-2002, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by paintbattler
try brass eagle and see what it does

:rolleyes:

joeyjoe367
08-05-2002, 12:06 AM
I think I can highly recommend Great American Paintballs. For 34.99+SHipping/case from pbgear, you can't go wrong.

I bounce tested some of these, and they were all 3-4 bounce paint. Nice fill, and the orange colored ones could be mistaken for hellfire ;)

I was surprised at how small-bore the paint was for it's price. in my boomstick (.688) it was rolling right through the barrel.

...now since this is a cheaper brand of paint, bore sizes probably fluxuate, so a barrel kit, or diff. barrel sizes would probably be a good idea.

buy a case of this stuff. You won't be dissapointed. Even if you are dissapointed, you got a case of paint shipped to your door for like $45, how bad could it be ;)

Miscue
08-05-2002, 01:04 AM
I'd get WORR paint before Great American.

/me does not like Great American at all.

It's all about ANARCHY!!!

einhander619
08-05-2002, 01:14 AM
Shoot whatever the angel guys can't! I too am in the same situation you are. With the LX, I have shot about 5 different brandsand they all work fine. I'd have to say that the marbs were best as far as accuracy with a stock RT barrel, I do get more bounces with it, and one of those bounces cost me a tourney game. Is there a good place online to get the blue fill diablo?

EDIT: I acn'/t typr!

Pand0ra
08-05-2002, 04:36 AM
The new Zap chronic works also very well.
It breaks easily, leave a very visible mark (I mean there's no way you can miss it), but is still formulated to avoid stain on the clothes.

@++

P4ULuk
08-05-2002, 06:16 AM
Originally posted by Pand0ra
The new Zap chronic works also very well.
It breaks easily, leave a very visible mark (I mean there's no way you can miss it), but is still formulated to avoid stain on the clothes.

@++

We are still talking bout Zap chronic here?:confused: Break easily?? not the stuff I've seen so far, Rock solid in fact!

Anarchy is the true hero in all of this!

Paul.

P.S. my sponsorship has nothing to do with this comment I used Anarchy before as well! :D :D :D

PaInTbAlLeR476
08-05-2002, 07:26 AM
TC venum has EXTREMLEY thick fill. its almost like and icing i love it. no cheaters w/ thats stuff:)

manike
08-05-2002, 07:36 AM
Hellfire. :D :D :D

booyah
08-05-2002, 06:51 PM
if you call kickn, you can get some of this stuff

its special order, but its winter fill (freakin toothpaste thick) and summer shell. its normally one bounce, sometimes two and in orange it practially glows in the dark.

I love it

-Booyah

Lone Gunman
08-05-2002, 07:56 PM
I've read about it but never shot it, but how about Smart paint. You know the stuff from Smart Parts?

spazzed
08-06-2002, 06:47 PM
up... I'm enjoying this thread.

rx2
08-06-2002, 06:53 PM
Thanks again. I'll be trying out some of the brands listed soon. I'll report my findings when I can.

DaFlip
08-06-2002, 09:34 PM
The Great American shoots ok...the fill is like water. I would have to say premium, marbs or allstar. Diablo works good too.

DaFlip

rx2
08-06-2002, 10:35 PM
In case anyone is confused, fill is a secondary consideration. I am mostly looking for something that isn't as thick as the Advantage-shelled paints, in order to eliminate bounces off of target.

ICOM
08-07-2002, 12:18 AM
midnight blue is the hardest to get out of the shower, guessing its just like inferno.

robert heatwole
08-07-2002, 08:05 AM
premium, all the way, every shot that hit some thing it broke......:D :D :D :D

Jason Reed
08-07-2002, 10:47 AM
Dude use BE paint all the way. i never chooped, npt even once.