PDA

View Full Version : WHat is the difference between an RT valve and a Retro valve?

ScatterPlot
08-04-2002, 09:56 PM
I wasnt aware that there was one, but someone said there was. Is there?

DiRTyBuNNy
08-04-2002, 10:36 PM
i think manike had noted there was something slightly different about the valve chamber in the original RT valves..other than the fact that air was fed through the opposite side of the valve compared to a normal mag or Retro valve...and where the field strip screw is on a normal mag in the original RT's it was a banjo bolt that fed an airline that ran through the rail and down thru the grip...now...an RT Pro's valve is very similar to a Retro Valve and/or an Emag valve..

paintbattler
08-04-2002, 11:01 PM
the retro valve can fit into all AGD guns..EXCEPT the old skool rt. the rt valve will ONLY fit into a old skool rt

Yakko
08-05-2002, 10:57 AM
Oh, so the RT Pro has a retro valve.

manike
08-05-2002, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by Yakko
Oh, so the RT Pro has a retro valve.

Yes! as does the e-mag and extreme etc... just with different engraved labels. ;)

The original RT valve works exactly the same way, but has a smaller back diameter and received air via a banjo bolt/quickstrip screw.

manike

hitech
08-05-2002, 11:44 AM
Does the ReTro valve use the quad oring?

manike
08-05-2002, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by hitech
Does the ReTro valve use the quad oring?

Even my old RT valve now uses the quad o-ring ;) that's tip of the month for a nice return feel.

manike

hitech
08-05-2002, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by manike
Even my old RT valve now uses the quad o-ring ;) that's tip of the month for a nice return feel.

So, the quad oring is now used in all the RT Style valves? I'm really trying to understand this as I am confused. :confused: Thanks in advance.

manike
08-05-2002, 01:36 PM
I don't think it is used as standard for the old RT... that's why it was my top tip of the month :)

manike

tranman
08-05-2002, 05:08 PM
It's the E-mag that comes with the quad o-ring, but you can use it on the other Retro valves also if you wanted.

PyRo
08-05-2002, 08:55 PM
I think that the e-mag has a slightly differant on-off than the other retro valves, but otherwise is the same valve. They all work the same way, and one is just as good as another.