PDA

View Full Version : Level 10 Post installation Maintainance?

JEDI
08-05-2002, 02:24 PM
I had my level 10 installed by the guys at PBX, and I noticed he put a butt load of oil all over the parts. It works very well, and most of the "extra" oil has been shot out. Now that I wanna clean my gun and give it the usual going over, what do I re-oil. Does it take more than the usual "few drops in the ASA"

drx975
08-05-2002, 02:38 PM
The black carrier oring and the new clear powertube/carrier oring should be oiled. I guess you can just cover it in oil if you want, but with my setup I only use a normal amount of oil. Only if your level 10 is set up to be very very forgiving on paint should you need to oil these parts continously (every day before you play). If you dont, you might get a bolt stick here and there.

If the bolt feels as if its coming too strong on your finger, then use a longer spring, or smaller carrier, but dont go too far - I set my gun up so that it stopped gently enough on my finger, and so that I dont have to oil it so often.

JEDI
08-05-2002, 02:45 PM
Thanks man. How do I go about oiling those parts. Can I drip oil on the them, should I take the power tube tip off and remove the carrier? I dont have the "gentle paint" set up so it wont be every day.

drx975
08-05-2002, 04:32 PM
You shouldnt have any problems if you just drop some oil on the bolt "piston" then slide the bolt into and out of the powertube. This should oil up the rubbing surfaces on the powertube oring and should prevent any possible bolt sticks. Also put 4 drops of oil into the ASA because this will oil up the oring some more, not to mention the rest of the gun. If you do this when you have a bolt stick and still encounter bolt sticks then take out the carrier. Take the powertube oring out of the carrier and oil it up as much as possible and put it back in. Also oil up the black oring (im not too sure why but TK said to oil it).

I would say to put oil on the bolt and slide it around every time you clean your gun.