PDA

View Full Version : Foregrip for RTP

Bartleby
08-05-2002, 05:49 PM
Now, this question is aroused out of either 100% curiosity, or 100% stupidity. Now, upon looking at my friend's brand new RTP I noticed the distance of the foregrip and played with the feel of the gun. The odd design of the grip caused me to inspect it further and, in looking at the underside of the grip, I noticed a hole with threading similar to that of the holes in my gas-through grip on my 68 Automag. Now, looking deeper, I came to realize that the hole leads to nothing, in fact, it ends within 3/4s of a centimeter. I then noticed that there was no hole at the top of the grip which would enable it to be gas-through. And so, from my inspection and my notes I draw the conclussion that this threaded hole serves no purpose at ALL! Or does it? I wonder, what is the point of a threaded hole that leads to nothing and has no outlet?

(Yes, this is suppose to sound like an incompitent detective. Kind of like Inspector Clouseau, dont' ask, i was just in that kind of a mood. But the question still stands!)

Rynoboy06
08-05-2002, 06:11 PM
It doesn't go to anything, the holes are (EDIT: from the manufacturing process. Thanks to Shartley for clearing that up.)

OldSchoolMag
08-05-2002, 06:14 PM
I do believe that you can drill through the grip, and then tap out the side and make it a gas-through, but you would lack the filter in the old RT grips. It'd just be easier to buy an old RT grip, not do all that work.

OSM

shartley
08-05-2002, 06:18 PM
Actually I believe it was stated before that that threaded hole is for mounting it in a device during the marker assembly process. It CAN be drilled out and fittings put in to make it a gas-through like the old ones, but that is not its intended purpose. I am sure one of the “Techs” can elaborate if need be….

paintbattler
08-05-2002, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by OldSchoolMag
I do believe that you can drill through the grip, and then tap out the side and make it a gas-through, but you would lack the filter in the old RT grips. It'd just be easier to buy an old RT grip, not do all that work.

OSM
thats what i was thinking.i heard it was right in the middle of the RT PRO sign

TransMan
08-05-2002, 06:25 PM
Yes SHartly is right they use the hole to mount the grip while they put the rubber grip on it.

Bartleby
08-06-2002, 12:17 AM
[FRENCH ACCENT]Thank you guys very much for your most helpful responses.[/FRENCH ACCENT]

personman
08-06-2002, 12:23 AM
Your Welcome