PDA

View Full Version : Level 10 in a "nut shell"

brodude2002
08-05-2002, 06:39 PM
ok, ive been in and out of the AO forums, constantly reading up on the new LX info, and i would like some help. When i get my LX, i know that i need to set it up in a certain order/configuration so that optimal results can be aquired. i really dont have the will, or the man power to go thru 5+ pages of how the people set up their LX's and wut-not. wut i would like to know is, what is the perfered/best setup that the majority of the people have been using? ive noticed that the set up: longest spring, 1.5 carrier, and 2 shims, have been used effetivly for standard classic automags. if ne1 can help me here, it would be awesome. also, ive heard things about a slide check valve being needed to release the remaining pressure from the gun, or something along those lines. info on that would be helpful also. thank you in advance to ne1 one that offers assistance.

-werd
brodude2002

hitech
08-05-2002, 07:01 PM
Yes, a slide check makes it MUCH easier.

Here are my steps:

1. Take all the old stuff out (bolt/spring, power tube tip, spacer and oring).
2. Put in the flat plastic washer in the power tube.
3. First put one of the small orings in a carrier and test fit it on the power piston. You want to find a carrier that is snug, but not to tight. If unsure, try the next smaller one. Oil the entire thing and put it in the power tube, small white oring end first. Push it ALL the way in with the back end of a plastic pen.
4. Assemble everything (new power tube tip, new bolt, original spring and put the valve back in marker).
5. Gas up the marker. If it leaks, replace the carrier with the next smaller one and try it again. Keep going smaller until it does not leak. You MUST use the same oring each time.
6. Remove the power tube tip and put in a shim, reassemble and see if it leaks. Once you get it to leak, remove one shim. This is the earliest venting you can get.
7. Put the longest spring on and try to fire the marker. Turn the velocity up until it fires reliably. Chrono. If it's to hot, put in the next smaller spring, turn the velocity down until it won't fire, then turn it back up until it fires reliably. Chrono. If it's too hot, repeat. The original spring is the shortest, giving you four springs to choose from.

Good luck.

Miscue
08-05-2002, 08:13 PM
http://www.automags.org/~Miscue/level10.mpeg (6.91 MB)