PDA

View Full Version : Do smart mag valves have a warranty?

dansim
08-05-2002, 07:39 PM
i have a minmag smartmag valve and i wanted to know if it has a warranty thanks

magman007
08-05-2002, 07:53 PM
sorry dansim...they dont, under th new warrenty policy they are void

paintbattler
08-05-2002, 07:54 PM
i think they dont. im about 60% on this so if anyone knows for a fact, plz tell me

PyRo
08-05-2002, 09:04 PM
If there is any warenty you would have to go through smart parts to get it most likely. AGD could probably do the work on your valve if you need it, but you would have to pay for it.

BajaBoy
08-05-2002, 09:08 PM
whats a smart mag valve? is it that one were alot was carved out of the powetube and cell or w-e u wanna call it? so it can run lower pres. ? (more air vol less pres,less air vol high pres)

Kevmag
08-05-2002, 09:36 PM
I believe Magman is correct, I remember reading the new warranty policying and it specifically mentioning the Smart Box markers are not covered.

Search for another thread on this part. Billmi (I think) has a good description for this product. Supposed to lower pressure and increase range (but the latter doesn't seem to work consistantly). May have shoot-down issues due to the low pressure mod. Do a search for his recent posts, he explains it much better than I.

dansim
08-06-2002, 01:46 AM
arg..its not a smart box its a smartmag

edit-wow okay you cant tell in that pic its just a normal old valve with smart mag written on it with no stars, but it appears as if my ? has been answered already thanx

Kaiser Bob
08-06-2002, 02:02 AM
Smartmag and a Hyperframe? Wow, youre on a roll with the warrenty dealbreakers there. :) Actually, if you never sent the smartmag valve in for service and your problem isnt related to the design, and you ask REAL nice, you MAY get AGD to fix it for you free. Maybe.

dansim
08-06-2002, 06:29 AM
shhh...what you dont see on that body is that the word blem is written on the bottom, and that theres the handle to a paintbrush holding the sear in;)

wepu
08-06-2002, 08:03 AM
I've got a smartmag valve as well, (not the box kind. Looks the same as danism's.) and I was wondering about the go retro program. Will agd take it, or do I need to come up with the extra hundred dollars?

Temo Vryce
08-06-2002, 08:16 AM
I don't know if the Smartvalve is covered under AGD's warrenty but I believe it's one of the few aftermarket valves that they will service. You would have to call AGD to find out if they will service it or not. Remember to be nice when talking to ladys in the front Office.

DaFlip
08-06-2002, 11:26 AM
I believe its just a regular mag valve. Smart Parts used to make runs of mags with their body kits, frame and barrels. AGD supplied them with the valve with the smart mag logo, so Im guessing that it will be covered. All I have to say is that is a 7-10yr old valve.I THINK. GUESS. NOT SURE.

DaFlip

LaW
08-06-2002, 11:40 AM
of course the smartbox won't be covered but i thing the smart mag valve is because it's just a different spec'd A.i.r. valve that was made by AGD for smart parts. It even comes with 3 stars.... (I used to own one)