PDA

View Full Version : Players shooting hot... 351fps.

Arturus
08-05-2002, 08:07 PM
A nice little thread from Pbnation, about SC tourny players shooting hot...

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?threadid=118249

It's rather well known that at the tournament fields in SC that you can shoot well over 280 fps without worry. Like the thread points out, no real refs to enforce the rules.

I especially like this post -

"I play at Sc, and I never have seen anyone like that. Most people are not like that and keep thier guns low. Normally when people are hit and think the gun that shot them is hot they'll ask the person to chrono it. Not once has anyone refused, and the highest it has been was like 320, which isnt that bad. 391 is dangerous, I've been shot by 400+ guns and its not good, I have a scar from it."

320 fps isn't that bad? Fields out here make you chrono in at 280 fps or lower, so I always play in the 270s range.

I wonder if someone will point out how Mags have no range, when I go up there this Friday.

:rolleyes:

paintbattler
08-05-2002, 08:13 PM
i hate ppl that shoot hot..320 is a little too high

shartley
08-05-2002, 08:16 PM
Yes, that is a bit much. I like 300 at home, but play 288 on the field. 270-290 is about all anyone really needs. IMHO

Arturus
08-05-2002, 08:19 PM
The original post on pbnation -

WOW IM OFFICIALLY SCARED to play at SC with some of the guys there.

Why you may ask? becasuse I was there yesterday and there was a guy with a Blue GZ intimidator shooting 391 thats right no typo 391 391 391 im not mistakin I was right there next to him chrono testing right there with him and since I was at tourny fields there wasnt a ref monitoring the chrony so all he did was turn it down to 351 and left. Hes all "aah whatever thats fine"

HOLY .... does this scare anyone else knowing someone was shooting 391 and then turned down to 351

What do you think???
Braydon

Miscue
08-05-2002, 08:21 PM
I hadn't chronoed my Level 10 Emag until I went to the field. *BBEEEEP!!* Chroned at 360 something... people saw. Then I stuck my finger into breech and started firing for a Level 10 demo. :)

But yeah... I've been shot by way too many hot balls in my time. Pisses me off that I go through trouble to stay within rules and I get shot by someone cheating... Grr. :)

sniper1rfa
08-05-2002, 09:16 PM
thats when a little resetting of the gun ( i have a morlock, it is adjusted by the trigger, so nobody notices when i set it to auto-(bonusball) response.
just kidding...

but i would if i knew somebody was blatently shooting hot, and it would be easy to tell if the were pushing 400 fps.

BajaBoy
08-05-2002, 09:19 PM
alot of spyders/blowback guns are hot.. there easy 2 make shoot really hard, and synce everyone around here uses them i hate it.. and ther like jeez your mag has no power.. im like yea? look what your shooting at.. and now im just telling everyone 2 cut there spring unless there not playin on my field..

i got an ok by the town 2 run a speedball field:p(town prop.) but everyone had 2 sign wavers and crap.. and i started 2 get worried that someone is gunan get hurt so ive had it

Arturus
08-05-2002, 09:27 PM
A few guys trying to get by the refs and shoot hot is a different story from this one. I think it might be a given that there are no refs that check by the tournament fields, which allows players to shoot well above the regulated 280 fps.

I mean if 'this guy', thinks it's fine to shoot at 351 fps... no comment.

Think SC Village will do much at all if a complaint is put in, other than for that single day?

I know a cup would solve this problem, but I don't relish the idea of getting hit at 320fps+ inbetween my legs...

Wc Keep
08-05-2002, 10:17 PM
i was hit at 389 fps in the back from about 12 feet away. left a welt the size of a grapefruit on my back. spyders come from the factory with a spring that is too hard so you have to clip them. and tippmanns get very hot when on co2. but i guess thats with all low level guns on co2.

BTAutoMag
08-05-2002, 11:09 PM
ive been BUNKERED by a guy shooting at 402!!!!!! i was PISSED. the field was a 280 limit since it was indoor. well i saw the guy chronoing. to insure saftey the ref stood by the chrono. this guy in front of me (big burley guy) chronoed at 277 and that was the final number and the only number i saw. well i saw him fumbling in his pocket after he left the chrono so i look over and see him twist his velocity up 4 TURNS!!!!!! this didnt faze me at the time because the ref jabbed me in the side telling me to hurry so i forgott (oops)

well the first game he bunkers me. hit me in the leg from 3 freaking feet away. i dropped my gun and sat wimpering on the floor. (hey i didnt even see him comming AND IT HURT)
well every one was laughing at me (one guy wet himself) and i hobbled off the floor. i get to the staging area and the ref relaxing there is still laughing. well he calms down and i pull up my jeans to see the welt (like we all do when we get hit) there was about 5 inches of my leg brused and bleeding and the bruise went ALL THE WAY AROUND) the ref dropped his coke, grabbed his goggles and sprinted to the field with chrono in hand. came back with the dudes gun in one hand and the dude in the other ( ~giggles~ ) well he told me what the guy chronoed at and kicked him off the field for life... well accualy 1 year because the field went out of buisness due to saftey issues

Cliffio
08-06-2002, 12:15 AM
yeah bt i know

i was reffin the other day and got shot from accross the field, felt like a ton of bricks, needless to say he was shooting near 400, he sat out half the day for that one, since i had cronoed all of them and everyone was cleared, he obviously turned it up right after that

i was not happy

Cliff