PDA

View Full Version : Does any one else thing we need images in the galleries? on the main page?

magman007
08-05-2002, 11:36 PM
Yea, i remember webby saying it was comming soon... and i understand he got married and all, but he said that like 6 months ago. i really think we need updated pics in the galleries

wes
08-06-2002, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by magman007
Yea, i remember webby saying it was comming soon... and i understand he got married and all, but he said that like 6 months ago. i really think we need updated pics in the galleries

lol yes, they really need to update it, LOL space mags... :rolleyes:

wyn1370
08-06-2002, 09:09 AM
I "thing" we need to learn how to type :D
But seriously, they could either do away with the gallery or post pics from the official pic thread, or at least clean it up and make it a classic. Again I volunteer to remove all the text posts and dead links to get it back in shape.

Creative Mayhem
08-06-2002, 09:18 AM
I believe they should edit the pic page on the main site, but if they can't, a classic pic thread would work well only if.....

just pics, proper size of course

brief description of marker and owner

no signature pics included with the pic submissions
of course this up to everyone to enforce on themselves

shartley
08-06-2002, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by wyn1370
I "thing" we need to learn how to type :D
But seriously, they could either do away with the gallery or post pics from the official pic thread, or at least clean it up and make it a classic. Again I volunteer to remove all the text posts and dead links to get it back in shape.
I agree. In fact, if AO is not going to keep updating their Galleries and use the Forum itself to BE the galleries, it would make sense to put links IN the “Gallery” pages that link to the appropriate “Official Picture” threads here in the forums.

Then all a Mod has to do is go to each of the threads (as was suggested) and work their way though from start to finish and delete NON picture threads, dead link threads, etc. Yes, this may take a bit of time initially, but think about it, if it is done and kept up with (say after the addition of 3 or 4 pages, each time) it should be pretty easy to do. I think it would actually SAVE Webby (and any other Admin) a lot of work in the long run.

Strider
08-06-2002, 11:42 AM
Maybe go as far as to create a seperate forum for Gallery pics?