PDA

View Full Version : Warp + Revy

spazzed
08-06-2002, 08:43 AM
Getting a warp soon. I've got a 9v Revy. Will it handle the load?

shartley
08-06-2002, 08:48 AM
I do not have a Warp, but from the posts made on the matter here on AO, it seems that the general consensus it that 12V (w/Xboard) is really the way to go with a Warp.

TheTramp
08-06-2002, 01:49 PM
I agree. The nice thing is that all you need to get is the x-board. You can keep everything else in you 9V. Just swap out the board and you're set. This way you can save the money of getting a whole new Revy.

On the other hand, go ahead and use your 9V until you can upgrade your revy. You need to be shooting long fast strings before you have a problem with the 9V/Warp set up. The Warp will over come the limitations of the 9V for shorter strings of paint and is much better than a 9V by itself.

hitech
08-06-2002, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by TheTramp
You need to be shooting long fast strings before you have a problem with the 9V/Warp set up. The Warp will over come the limitations of the 9V for shorter strings of paint and is much better than a 9V by itself.

Very true. All I have is a 9 volt revy and it is okay. I rarely outshoot it. But I only have an anutmag classic.

spazzed
08-06-2002, 06:39 PM
So, really all I need to do is get an X-board, correct?

Evil Bob
08-06-2002, 07:57 PM
If you go with the XBoard, be sure to get some good quality rechargible NiMH 9v's to go with it or you'll end up spending enough money on batteries alone to afford a HALO.

-Evil Bob

shartley
08-06-2002, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by Evil Bob
If you go with the XBoard, be sure to get some good quality rechargible NiMH 9v's to go with it or you'll end up spending enough money on batteries alone to afford a HALO.

-Evil Bob
I hear this a lot. But honestly? I use a 12V Revy and standard 9v’s with it… and never have a problem with “going through” batteries. Is this a problem for 9V Revys and not 12Vs? Or am I just lucky to not only have a Mag that does not chop but also a Revy that does not cost a fortune to keep batteries in?

booyah
08-06-2002, 09:05 PM
i would have to say your lucky, or your setup doesnt activate your revvy that much

i had a model 98 that hardly used batteries in the 12v at all, then on my mag i go through normal 9vs every week.

i got NiMH 9vs and i love em, just plug em in and at 7 bucks for one (Rayovac is really better than energizer, trust me, look at the output voltage) they dont take that long to pay for themselves

-Booyah

shartley
08-06-2002, 09:09 PM
Thanks!

I guess God just loves me and my setup. :D Hey, I wonder if I could use that as an endorsement….. ;)

mike e
08-06-2002, 09:12 PM
you dont NEED a x board but it will help, to be honest before you shell out more cash see if the nine volt can handle the load with the warp before you buy the new board. i played a 9 volt revvy for a LONNNNNG time and i can rock when i need too and i never had problems.

spazzed
08-06-2002, 09:16 PM
Thanks for the help guys. I'm prolly gonna go ahead & Get an xboard. Afterall, it can't hurt me...

TheTramp
08-07-2002, 09:13 AM
There is a big difference between the X-board and the 9V. Whether you need the extra is a question but for $20 or so the upgrade can't hurt you. I say go for it if you have some extra cach. I also recomend an evil impeller to go with it ($5-10).

LJT
08-07-2002, 12:00 PM
You might want to look up Wicked Air Sports (address ?). They make a board that is supposed to be faster than the x-board (don't own one, friend does). Also comes with a new impeller. Probably don't need it any more than you need the x-board. Really depends on your shooting style. If you like to shoot long strings, either one is a good idea. Personally, I prefer short bursts, so I am not willing to spend the extra money.

paintbattler
08-07-2002, 12:09 PM
do you have retro or standard valve

shartley
08-07-2002, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by LJT
You might want to look up Wicked Air Sports (address ?). They make a board that is supposed to be faster than the x-board (don't own one, friend does). Also comes with a new impeller.
Of course they do! And I hear it has Artificial Intelligence in it too. The impeller actually has robotic hands on it that work in conjunction with state of the art close range Doppler and Microwave combined technologies to select the best balls to shoot and in the correct order. You have GOT to run right out and get one of these things!

(Note: If you couldn’t guess this post was a parody, it WAS.. no pun intended.. LOL And if you don’t know WHY, use the SEARCH feature here on AO and type in “Wicked Air Sports”)

JEDI
08-07-2002, 02:32 PM
I've got a 12 volt revvy with an Xboard on my stock Warp. All this is connected to my Emag, which unless you're slow gets shot very fast. The Revvy is powered by Two Energizer E2 batteries (silver ones, looks like E squared). These have been the same batteries in there since I bought the revvy in May. I play at least twice a week and have yet had to replace them. The proof is in the pudding. I dont think you need to spend a billion dollars on batteries. If you're replacing them once a week, even for bad batteries, you may have a problem else where

Emagster
08-07-2002, 03:13 PM
I really like the warp with a 12v revy w/ the WAS turbo rev board and vortex impeller

LJT
08-07-2002, 03:27 PM
Shartley:

Just thought I would ask if you have ever seen a revy with a Wicked Air Sports board in action? I have. It was feeding perfectly when my friend shot his e-bolt m98 at full-auto, a consistent 13 bps for about 30-40 paintballs. I don't care what other people say, that is freaking amazing. Oh, an incase this is your intended rebuttal (look it up), the x-board revy is capable of 12-13 bps, but can only hold 10 bps over an extended period of time. I resent the fact that your post implies that I meant for everyone to run out an buy a TurboRev board. I myself do not own one, nor would I buy one. It is up to the player to decide what to buy. My post was just meant as another possible route for Spazzed to take.

shartley
08-07-2002, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by LJT
Shartley:

Just thought I would ask if you have ever seen a revy with a Wicked Air Sports board in action? I have. It was feeding perfectly when my friend shot his e-bolt m98 at full-auto, a consistent 13 bps for about 30-40 paintballs. I don't care what other people say, that is freaking amazing. Oh, an incase this is your intended rebuttal (look it up), the x-board revy is capable of 12-13 bps, but can only hold 10 bps over an extended period of time. I resent the fact that your post implies that I meant for everyone to run out an buy a TurboRev board. I myself do not own one, nor would I buy one. It is up to the player to decide what to buy. My post was just meant as another possible route for Spazzed to take.
I REALLLLLLY don’t want to be rude. My comment had NOTHING to do with the actual capabilities of the W.A.S. product. Please go back and READ what I wrote to include the DISCLAIMER. You will see that you can resent all you want but you are resenting something I CLEARLY did not intend or was even coming close to saying.

I sure wish people would stop selective reading, and actually read what people write. My post was a PARODY. And I even gave reference to why.

Please understand my aggravation… this is the second time in a short amount of time that someone stated they “resented” something I said, but in fact I never said it, or even implied it.

Evil Bob
08-07-2002, 05:21 PM
Shartley, I thought your post about the AI chip was very funny :)

Yes, the 9v revy with the Xboard sucks up batteries. The 12v revy with it's double 9v's gets much better gas mileage due to the lower draw on the individual batteries. Add the Xboard to it and you increase the draw on the batteries (it takes power to turn the agitator faster).

I also know you play rec ball exclusively, so more then likely you're not accustomed to shooting through 8+ cases of paint over a weekend playing a tourny, I've spent close to $50 in batteries alone in tourny play in a single weekend, nothing more embarrassing then losing a match due to batteries going dead, you come off looking like a complete idiot. Going to rechargable NiMH batts was something that helped reduce the overall cost involved. The cost for a good NiMH batteries is only a couple dollars more then the Energizer Titanium series per battery, and I can recharge the NiMH batts a thousand times each.

For those in Europe, talk to Jon Sosta about his rechargible batt rig, he runs his revy right off his warp, which has a nice rechargible batt that can easily power both. Eventually I'm hoping to see AGD come out with a single EMag battery system that can power all three systems.

-Evil Bob

Emagster
08-07-2002, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by Evil Bob
Eventually I'm hoping to see AGD come out with a single EMag battery system that can power all three systems.

wel techincally they DO have a single batteyr that can power all three systems, and it does it quite well. Its just you gotta do a hack job to get it done.

LJT
08-07-2002, 08:44 PM
Sorry Shartley. I read your note with the same cynicism as I did the first part of the post. My mistake. Hopefully you can forgive me, I have had several people contradict me over that last couple days and I assumed you were doing the same. I will try to remember to keep my sense of humor about things in the future. :D

shartley
08-07-2002, 08:48 PM
No problem. :) All is well..... :D

spazzed
08-07-2002, 10:35 PM
Heh, why does all the fun stuff happen when I'm gone? :rolleyes:

Appreciate the help folks!