PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know what this song is?

fearc7
08-06-2002, 10:07 AM
Hey, i've been trying to figure out what song this is. It sounds German or something. Here's some lyrics:

Du, Du Has, Du Has Niche.
DU, Du Has, Du has Niche.

oldsoldier
08-06-2002, 10:13 AM
I believe it Rammstien... maybe the title is "du hast". Not 100% sure though

wyn1370
08-06-2002, 10:24 AM
oldsoldier is correct
now if you're looking for what it translates to, you might want to restate your question.

fearc7
08-06-2002, 11:12 AM
nah thats what i was looking for thanks a lot guys!

DirtRider
08-06-2002, 01:07 PM
it is german, here is what it means in english:

you, you hate, you hate me.
you, you hate, you hate me.

thats all i know of it. I know you said you that wasn't what your looking for, i just thought i'd post it anyway

ShooterJM
08-06-2002, 04:02 PM
Yeah, after you hate me...

you hate me to say and I will not obey.

I think. Haven't heard it in a long time. Just barely trying to learn german too. Doesn't help.

Zygote
08-06-2002, 07:08 PM
"Hast" in english is "have"

bornl33t
08-06-2002, 07:16 PM
oh gosh I hate that song so much...

Hast has a double meaning..
hast can mean "have' or "hate' in this song both are used. It's a dumb song, by dumb germans.
Anymore questions, I'll be happy to answer once anad for all? I speak fluent German.. heck I lied over there for 14 years.. so go ahead try me.

Jonno06
08-06-2002, 07:20 PM
lol heat...that was well...hilarious..

www.azlyrics.com
www.skaponk.com
www.lyrics.com

if you guys really care...

www.altavista.com/tr

shartley
08-06-2002, 07:21 PM
Yes... also HASS is hate in German. It is usually spelled with what looks like a B with a long tail... it is double "s". ;)

I think he was spelling it phonetically.... and that being the case, you might want to change the N in his last word to an M. ;);) (exact spelling is lost to me at the moment.. I used to speak it, not spell it... LOL)

bornl33t
08-06-2002, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by Jonno06
lol heat...that was well...hilarious..

www.azlyrics.com
www.skaponk.com
www.lyrics.com

if you guys really care...

www.altavista.com/tr

Well... I get asked that about 3 times a week and the song is at least 2 years old. It's getting obnoxious.. but I'm not furious... it was actually meant to be funny... but please ... someone please do something about that song.

shartley
08-06-2002, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by vf-xx
BAhh, this drives me nutz. It's not "you hate" It's "you have"

I only had 2 years of German in High school, but I can translate the chorus. The rest of the song makes no sence with it as "hate"

The full line goes as fallows:

"You have asked me, and I have not answered" (well thats how it would be phrased in englished.

"du hast micht gefract, und Ich habt nicht gesact" (I think that's the spelling, it's been a while.)

Edit* This came out while I was in the class. We asked the german exchange student. He said that the english translation in the cd case was wrong.
Interesting…. But if I may…. Personally I was ONLY going by what was posted, and not only is it spelled wrong, but if spelled correctly depending on what it really WAS, it was ordered wrong (word placement).

I thought it might have been “have” as well when I first looked at it but HAVE has a B sound and not an S sound in German (depending on the tense.. but in the original post it is identical in both). So it threw me off….. and indeed HASS is hate and sounds like how it was spelled in the original post. ;) Then that gave me a slight problem with the final word… LOL It could have been “not”or “me” depending on if it was indeed an N or a M (and both sound pretty close phonetically, and even more so when sung). And I know that I for one thought it was being spelled as the fearc7 thought it sounded.

I don’t know the song so without the ACTUAL words, it is pretty hard to determine what it actually was. Look at what was originally used (posted) as the words. ;) And what YOU just posed was FAR from what was originally posted in the first post.

As for the words being wrong (as the exchange student stated), I have NO doubt. Conversational German and “textbook” German are often quite different. Also, just like in the US, depending on where you live, you may say things differently and even have different words all together.

My point? Please don’t be too hard on folks….. as you can see, without KNOWING the song, it is too easy to translate the actual words posted wrong. ;)

shartley
08-06-2002, 09:05 PM
Heck, I am not upset… ;)

fearc7
08-06-2002, 09:27 PM
jeez what have i started? a flame war! J/k sorry if i offended anyone, me and my friends just wanted to know what the song was called. Btw, i listened to the english version and it stunk.

fearc7
08-06-2002, 10:53 PM
lol, thanks vf-xx!:D

bornl33t
08-07-2002, 03:57 AM
anyway, back to what I was saying....
IT'S STOOPID SO DROP IT WILL YA!?

anyone want me to visit them in person and use a magic maker to scribble it on their forhead, pm me your address... that's how much this song bugs me. It bugs me worse then Osama bin laden and sadam together...

*deeeeeeeeeeeeep breath*

fearc7
08-07-2002, 12:06 PM
Lol, if only i could attach a sound!

nastymag
08-07-2002, 04:00 PM
now that we are in the subject of songs.
maybe you guys can help me.

i cant remember hardly any parts of the song.
but this is what i can remember
" i went in killing the sun , i once won , i once won"

"listen little man im not the one thats trying change you , change you"

i know this is stupid, but the song has been in my head for the longest time

RetroEclipseMan
08-07-2002, 08:17 PM
Hey, Heat, not to try and start anything but it may be your opinion that the song is bad but there are some people who like Rammstein and if the would like to discuss it then you should just ignore the thread if you don't like them.
Here's the english lyrics just to clear things up.The song is also about questioning marrage not hate.

You
You have
You have me (5x)
You have me
You have asked me
You have asked me
You have asked me
and I have said nothing
Will you until death separates you
be true to her forever...
(yes) no
(yes) no
Will you until death does sever...
(yes) no
(yes) no
You
You have
You have me (2x)
You
You have
You have me
You have me
You have asked me
You have asked me
You have asked me
and I have said nothing
Will you until death does sever?
(yes) no
(yes) no
Will you until the death of the sheathe
love her even in bad days?
(yes) no
(yes) no
Will you until death does sever?
be true to her...?
(yes) no
(yes) no

fearc7
08-07-2002, 10:23 PM
whoa, those are some pretty powerful lyrics.:eek: Man! Thanx retro eclipse man! Hey my english version is translated wrong?

netjunk1e
08-07-2002, 11:31 PM
I love Rammstein, i have thier new CD (well a year or less old) I just wish i could understand it, but i like the music!:D

bornl33t
08-08-2002, 03:55 AM
Originally posted by RetroEclipseMan
Hey, Heat, not to try and start anything but it may be your opinion that the song is bad but there are some people who like Rammstein and if the would like to discuss it then you should just ignore the thread if you don't like them.
Here's the english lyrics just to clear things up.The song is also about questioning marrage not hate.

Well, ya know it was funny till ya had to make a comment like that. Grrr kids. ANYTIME you start a reply with "not trying to start something, ....... YOU ARE.......

I was poking fun, you could just ignored me?

anyway... I still think this song needs to be put to rest.