PDA

View Full Version : How do you chrono your emag?

halo13
08-06-2002, 01:14 PM
How do you chrono your RT/Emag?

Ok, I've been playing at CPX for a really long time now and it just dawned on me that when I chrono my emag, 75% or the time I chrono it like and electro (angel), and 25% of the time i chrono it like a normal RT. Here's my question, should I always chrono it like an RT, or should I always chrono it like an electro. When I chrono an an electro I usually just have to shoot off three shots 275, 278, 274. When I'm playing on the feild I only use semi mode but will this present a safty problem? Will my valve heat up and make my velocity faster?

When I am forced to chrono my gun in m-mode, the velocity stays about the same, but I immediately switch back to e-mode when I play. The problem here is that my velocity is arround 175, 173, 179 when its in e-mode. When I fire will my velocity pick back up to the 280 range or am I just shooting arround 175 for the entire game?

How do you guys chrono your emags?

ps. does this question make any sense to anybody? Its kind or rambly.

headcase
08-06-2002, 01:34 PM
You are supposed to chrono an E-mag like you would an RT. The valve will shoot up the same way will. If anything the valve will actually heat up faster in emode because it is easier to rip off longer strings.

halo13
08-06-2002, 01:37 PM
ok, thats all I was looking for.

Army
08-06-2002, 01:58 PM
I use my "Cellular One" chrono test:

"Did it hurt yet? Good! Did it hurt yet? Good! Did it hurt yet? Good! Did it hurt yet? Good!"

covadsucks
08-06-2002, 03:28 PM
Thanks for making me laugh Army. That's too funny. I chrono'd my EMag once as an electro, walked onto the field and lit up a bunker by painting my initials on it. I remembered that I needed to chrono like a standard rt valve, I walked back to the chrono to find I was shoot around 320fps. Safety first folks...oops.