PDA

View Full Version : New RTP And AA 'Geddon!

Telefragged
08-06-2002, 05:52 PM
Well, I've finally got all the bits & pieces for my RTP to be complete. Just got the 'Geddon in today from Air America (What a huge shipping box!) and haven't really put it down except to take the picture. Well, enjoy! I get to play tommorow!

And yes, I DO have a tank cover ;)

BajaBoy
08-06-2002, 06:02 PM
nice gun, shockteck drop would look really nice.. and feal good too, is it a 30 or 45 tank?

shartley
08-06-2002, 06:03 PM
Yes, nice marker.... and I agree that a drop would do the trick. ;)

You are going to LOVE playing with that monster. :D

manike
08-06-2002, 06:05 PM
That looks really nice... BUT you have to peel the sticker off the barrel :D

manike

Telefragged
08-06-2002, 06:08 PM
Well, I might pirate the CenterFlag drop off my M98, but it actually feels quite nice the way it is, and my remaining funds are a bit thin... Around $10 in quarters left in my desk drawer... my parents buy me nothing for paintball!

The tank is a 68ci/4500psi Air America Armageddon BTW

Arturus
08-06-2002, 06:14 PM
Hope you enjoy using it as much as I have!

Get used to the trigger and the weight of the marker, and you'll be set.

You might definately consider a drop forward of somekind though.

personman
08-06-2002, 06:51 PM
I dunno, it looks awesome without a drop imo..
A drop would just ruin it........... :/

Telefragged
08-06-2002, 06:54 PM
It feels great without a drop, but I still haven't tried my CenterFlag one yet. I think I'll bring it with me tommorow and use it for a couple games, see how it feels. But I like having something to shoulder... nice and stable!

Jack & Coke
08-06-2002, 08:32 PM
personman is correct!

You'll be fine rollin' sans drop http://www.automags.org/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

:)

shartley
08-06-2002, 08:48 PM
I think the drop issue would be one only of personal taste and how you like the feel. Adding a drop will NOT ruin how it looks. LOL Mine has a drop and looks super sweet that way. It also allows me to pull it in VERY tight, but still use the tank AS a stock, just a really short one. It is very stable shouldered AND not. :D

Again, this would then be an issue of personal choice and what the user thinks works best for them. :)

DaFlip
08-06-2002, 09:19 PM
Add a Boomstick, Warp and Halo. Your set! You will have the heaviest gun in the world! J/k, great gun. I love my RTP and I hope you love your just as well.

DaFlip

Telefragged
08-08-2002, 01:27 PM
Well, I played yesterday, and after some initial small problames with my tank, and a leak on my gasline, I was set. We went out and I was AMAZED at how nice the trigger was! With the input set around 850 or so, the reactivity on the trigger was really nice, but also easy to control, man this marker can RIP! I broke 2 balls out of like 800 due to my shortstroking, and forgetting to turn my loader on :rolleyes: but other than that, it shot GREAT! SHartley was right, I love playing with this beast! It was also a useful tool in fighting off a would-be bunkerer :D

I added my CenterFlag drop, and it feels better balanced and easier to handle, but I had a question about my tank. It seems as though the Armageddon's lack an on/off valve, which kinda bothered me, but no big deal, and I can't gas it up without it leaking without holding the bolt back, is there any way I could get that quick burst of air needed to seat the RT short of getting a Pro-Connect? BTW, here's the latest pic with the cradle, enjoy! :cool:

personman
08-08-2002, 01:30 PM
Oh, well that DOES look better, but some drops wouldnt (shocktech is one off the top of my head)

FeelTheRT
08-08-2002, 01:30 PM
i agree with Personman and Jack & Coke. Dropforwards suck. They dont do anything but put your marker too close to your goggles.

personman
08-08-2002, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by FeelTheRT
i agree with Personman and Jack & Coke. Dropforwards suck. They dont do anything but put your marker too close to your goggles.
You shut up, Drop Forwards rule, I was commenting on the looks. LOOK AT MY DROPFORWARd, eh? Its huge.. your worst nightmare.. BWHAHAHAHHAHA

wyn1370
08-08-2002, 01:34 PM
You could try an old school bleed. Cheaper than proconnect, but much larger. Never had a problem using it on my retro.

TransMan
08-08-2002, 02:46 PM
You could always get a slide check and im not sure ho anyone can use a gun with out a drop if i take my HUGE drop off then i wouldnt be able to shoot it one handed My drop brings my 114 tank in really close its a Custom made(my dad) 7.5 forward and 3.5 down:D

Telefragged
08-08-2002, 04:27 PM
I guess I'll take a look at some Slide Checks in a while, for now though, I'm just gonna push the bolt back with my squeegee while I air it up... its kind of a nuisance, but I can deal with it, other than that, the Armageddon is an awesome tank!

speedballbanks
08-08-2002, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Telefragged
I guess I'll take a look at some Slide Checks in a while, for now though, I'm just gonna push the bolt back with my squeegee while I air it up... its kind of a nuisance, but I can deal with it, other than that, the Armageddon is an awesome tank!

all's you have to do is hold the trigger in while putting the tank on and it won't allow air into the valve until you let go and you wouldn't have to spend the extra money....i still do this with my flatline.

Telefragged
08-08-2002, 05:21 PM
The only real way to cut air from the tank is to turn the adjuster nut all the way out to turn it "off", then turn it in to turn the tank "on" so to speak. Even if the process goes comparatively slower than say a Flatline On/Off, it would still work? Because it leaked out the front when I first tried to gas it up, I remembered something I saw here, and held the bolt back with my squeegee. If that works, screw the Pro-Connect, I'll just do that!

speedballbanks
08-08-2002, 05:23 PM
The only realy way to vut air from the tank is to turn the adjuster nut all the way out, then turn it in to turn the tank "on" so to speak. Even if the process goes comparatively slower than say a Flatline On/Off, it would still work? Because it leaked out the front when I first tried to gas it up, I remembered something I saw here, and held the bolt back with my squeegee. If that works, screw the Pro-Connect, I'll just do that!

yea it work's and it even work's with my cousin's screw in.

Telefragged
08-08-2002, 05:31 PM
Eee! Great... now it doesn't bother me! Thanks Speedballbanks for the tip! I'll be trying it on Sturday during team tryouts!

speedballbanks
08-08-2002, 10:54 PM
Eee! Great... now it doesn't bother me! Thanks Speedballbanks for the tip! I'll be trying it on Sturday during team tryouts!

no problem.