PDA

View Full Version : co2 with the automag

temps
08-06-2002, 10:00 PM
I'm looking into getting an automag, just for some fun tourneys and mostly rec play. (If you got a 68 automag classic, or similar automag for sale send me a msg and a price). Anyway on with my question. My favorite field doesn't suply nitro, And i've read that the automag's don't get along to well with co2. My question is. Is there a way around this?

-ex chamber?
-anti-siphon?

will those help, do i only need one or both? :confused:

IR3_Valkyrie
08-07-2002, 01:16 AM
a anti-siphon will HELP prevent liquid from getting into a mag, if its installed properly; an ex-chamber will give better consistency with CO2. Or you could try really hard to get your field to start doing nitro fills

SaS
08-07-2002, 04:24 AM
you can also get a scuba tank and hpa fill station to provide your oun air...

i ran co2 with my automag for about 2 months

I had a expantion chamber and a remote to put the tank on a harness... i found this helpful to add even more time for the co2 phase change

PyRo
08-07-2002, 07:14 AM
An expansion chamber doesn't do much for consistancy. Consider one or more of the following.
Expansion Chamber
Anti Syphon
Remote/Vert Bottle (DO NOT COMBINE WITH ANT SYPHON, as this will create a syphon tank and suck in the liquid)
Palmer Stabalizer

PyRo
08-07-2002, 07:16 AM
As for X-Chambers and consistancy, getting liquid CO2 in your gun (which any of these meathods can help to prevent) could cause it to shoot hot. Any of these meathods would help to prevent that just as much as an X chamber.
Other than that the liquid will sink to the bottom of the tank, so just be sure not to point it down as to pour any liquid into the gun. Watch your ROF and you should be fine. Many people run mags on Co2 with great sucess, and there is no problem with doing so as long as it is done properly. Remember, the mag was originally desinged to run on Co2.