PDA

View Full Version : Basic mag knowlege?

Archangel
08-07-2002, 12:24 AM
Just wondering what the basics are to having a mag,like how it comes apart how often to oil it(althought I'm sure it's like every other gun when it comes to oiling) and the basic "do and dont"list

Army
08-07-2002, 01:03 AM
When you get finally get your 'Mag, if it's not new, call AGD to register your serial number. Then ask nicely for the free video (and a few AGD stickers:) )

If you do pick one up new, make sure the store owner didn't take the video out of the box. You should get the video, and small rebuild kit, a bottle of oil, and an ugly plain box to hold it all:D

The video shows you how to take your gun apart, put it together, and how to maintain it correctly.

Lone Gunman
08-07-2002, 11:42 AM
What about the best manual in paintball? Don't forget the manual; that and the video will explain any questions you have.

Archangel
08-09-2002, 12:33 AM
are mags that complicated/how hard are they to take apart and clean/oil?

RetroEclipseMan
08-09-2002, 01:40 AM
They are really easy to take apart, clean and oil. Way easier to understand than an autococker in my opinion.

NJ_agd47
08-09-2002, 09:42 AM
RetroEclipseMan ill have to agree with you on that one,there pretty easy to take apart in clean especially if you compare them to a cocker..

Python14
08-09-2002, 10:54 AM
You can take apart a mag with only a quarter and an allen wrench. With a little practice, you can take the entire thing apart(o-rings and all) in less than 2 minutes.

The video isn't completely free tho, you hafta pay shipping(which is like 5 bucks). I still need to mail my check too

Vegeta
08-09-2002, 02:33 PM
when people say field stip most think of taking out hte bolt/valve. Unlike other guns's whose valves and bolts require many diffrent screws to be taken out (even with a field strip pin and bolt, the valve still has 2 screws holding it in on most guns)... the mag's entire valve/bolt assembly can be taken out in about 15-20 seconds. Just take out the screw, hold the rail/body together, and slide out the valve/spirng/bolt assembly. All comes out in roughly one peice.

It is pretty easy compared to other guns.

personman
08-09-2002, 02:37 PM
Trust me dude, if I can repair my mag, then ANYONE can. :D

BradPalooza
08-09-2002, 02:57 PM
DON'T try to remove your valve with the gun gassed up.
DON'T unscrew the back half of the valve unless you plan on replacing the reg. seat.
-Brad