PDA

View Full Version : Level 10 for morons (me)

Tubby_Ninja
08-07-2002, 11:28 AM
Alright, the main reason I bought an E-mag, is the service and the lack of required maintance. I freely admit, I don't know a reg seat from a toilet seat.

Now, I'm plenty educated, and pretty dang handy. I just have never spent the time dissecting my marker, nor do I really want to. I want to play, clean, store, and forget. If I wanted to have constant problems, I'd buy a cocker.

This being said, I'm worried about buying a Level 10. I've read lots of posts about setting it up, and some people seem to have no problem, some have problems. I have a significant enough problem with chopping on my E-mag, that I think I would benefit from Level 10. But I know I will get frustrated if I can't get it to work perfectly and quickly.

Now, my question is this: Should I wait? Do you guys feel like there is some fine-tuning that needs to be done on the kit before this thing is bulletproof? Should I try to send my marker to AGD and have them install?

Sorry about the length, and please, no posts on how I should figure it out myself. These days, I tend to have no time, and I want to spend my free time playing paintball, not working on the marker.

As always, you guys rule.

hitech
08-07-2002, 11:35 AM
I would say get lvl 10. You may want to wait a little, but I think it is pretty stable now. It does take some effort to setup, but doesn't require any real extra maintance after that. You do want to be sure to oil your marker properly, but then you should be doing that anyway. The only extra maintenance required is that when the power pistion oring wears out your have to find the correct carrier when replacing the oring.

PaintballSucka
08-07-2002, 11:38 AM
umm...I'd say buy the level 10 mod, and pay AGD to install it for you for 25 bucks, since you said you don't no much about the marker, or you go HERE (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=40904) and read how to do it.

Tubby_Ninja
08-07-2002, 11:39 AM
I hear ya PaintballSucka, I read the instructions. Everything looks easy enough, but I know that things can go wrong. Is it only $25 to have it installed?

warpfeedmod
08-07-2002, 11:39 AM
I would say like anything you'll need fine tuning. No matter what. There are production differences in the o-rings, bolts, etc that will make one person's setup differ then the rest. Hell I've had my level 10 for a few weeks now and still can't get it right. Seems it's either too lose, or too tight or leakes, doesn't leak but hits too hard. I'm actually going to bring it to the Shatner big game in hopes that some fellow AOers will be able to help me get it working correctly. Granted I don't have much time at all what with a 7 year old and 50+ hours a week work, but what little time I do get I try and "tweak" the marker. I'm not giving up, hell I think that's half the fun of taking apart your gun. Think of it this way, you're not familiar with the gun, it's workings or anything, what if youre playing and you bust an o-ring or something else happens and you need to break down yer gun. You won't know what to do.

I would say go for it, maybe you'll get lucky and it'll work on the first try, maybe you'll be like me and it won't and you'll spend countless of sleepless nights thinking about it. (okay so I'm not THAT into paintball :p).

Theres plenty of people on here who can help too, Iv'e gotten lots of ideas and tips to try and even though none of them have worked, I'm hoping that at least with all the members we have we should be able to figure this thing out.

PaintballSucka
08-07-2002, 11:45 AM
yup 25 bucks.

cphilip
08-07-2002, 12:11 PM
Its realy fairly easy. I think you can handle it and we are here to back you up.

Your emag will be a sinch. Its all a matter of understanding the principals of the thing. You will find the ones having problems are not understanding the whole idea of how it works. And a few of them have Regulators not strong enough to handle the longest spring. In fact the longest spring is not where the average Joe wants to be. The middle spring is where most of us are looking to go. The longest spring in in there for the guy who is out on the edge and doesn't mind frequent oilings or he will get occasional bolt stick to get there. Most of us do not want that setting. Shooting for the middle spring set up is easy. Very few have had problems getting that one set up. Only two that I know of and they are right now on the stock spring which still give great advantages. No one I know of could not get it to work at all. Those few will be trying new Reg Pistions and that will probaly fix them up. But the fact that you are having chopping problems is good enough reason to go to the lvl 10 even if you cannot get the longest or even the middle one to work. Its all about slowing down the bolt speed in the first half of the cycle to not crack the incoming (waiting) ball. And that will be accomplished with the other springs on reasonable paint.

Basically when you fit your carrier you will find two that are close. 9 times outa 10 the slightly tighter one will work the best after break in. Many used the loser one and found it was a bit too lose after break in and oil got on it. So this is all you have to fine tune. And then you are good to go. Its realy easy. Get it and go for it I say! Spend your extra money on a good proconnect!

Duke Henry
08-07-2002, 12:32 PM
Search for the installation video that was made - it really explains everything you need to know!

JEDI
08-07-2002, 02:44 PM
Before you send your gun to Airgun, look around for a shop that you trust, and see if they have experience with the installation. I know its the cheap way out, but you dont have to deal with the trial and error thing(which there isnt much of). I know how the whole thing works and I understand the maintainence, so I dont feel any less of a man having not doing it myself. And, my emag works perfectly

Kevmag
08-07-2002, 03:42 PM
Installation is not that difficult, but you do need access to HPA (or CO2). I filled my tank 2x trying to get it set up on one of my markers. Fortunately, I have a scuba.

netjunk1e
08-07-2002, 04:38 PM
Hey Tubby, I installed my LVL 10 and do not have any probs. If you need help im not that far away from you. Where in Portland do you live? Im only about an hour from downtown. If you know where Forest Grove is that is where the shop is that i go to. ITs not my favorite because they are anti-mag but i nake sure that mags stay around there. The Store is called Armory Paintball if ya wanted to know, they are cocker gods. THe Racegun guys were impressed with thier cocker setups that they are one of the first to have the Racegun and are able to install and whatnot. Anyways, if you do need halp with LVL 10 im here. I'll even install it for ya!