PDA

View Full Version : my New Warp / Hopper design

Patron God of Pirates
08-07-2002, 02:36 PM
This may require moving around the Warp internals a bit, but I see no reason why it wouldn't work.

My idea is to create a Warp / Hopper hybrid that will condense some of the mass of the Warp set up. The balls would feed in near the bottom of the Warp wheels where the battery is currently located. It would allow the warp to mount on the top of the warp bracket and greatly reduce the overall bulk of the setup.

Have a look at the pic and let me know what you think.

Note: Warp + Hopper = Whopper. lol it ties right in with Bunker King

RTMAGBOY13
08-07-2002, 02:40 PM
ic wont that stick outa the side a lil bit and how many balls can it hold???

shartley
08-07-2002, 02:43 PM
I have often thought of the same thing.

But I have one question…. It is recommended that to use the Warp NOW, it be used in conjunction with a motorized hopper. There is a reason for this, and that is to insure steady feeding TO the Warp. By simply adding a hopper shell to the Warp I don’t see how this would take care of any of the constant feeding issues the motorized hopper takes care of.

You would in essence have the same problems as you would by putting a “shake and bake” on it…

Have you thought of combining the motorized hopper stuff into the design as well? Of course I have NO idea (because I didn’t look into it) how many toes that would step on…… ;)

Jeb_Hoge
08-07-2002, 03:09 PM
And you could call it the Whopper!

shartley
08-07-2002, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Jeb_Hoge
And you could call it the Whopper!
ummmm did you even read his post? ;)

Xen
08-07-2002, 03:15 PM
LOL WHOPPER

that made me laughf pretty good.

Patron God of Pirates
08-07-2002, 03:25 PM
You are correct Shartley, it wouldn't work with a motorized hopper section.

Does anybody have the expertise or equipment to make this work? :)

AngelBoy
08-07-2002, 03:25 PM
If you are good with electronics and such, you could kinda turn the feed neck and the paddle to the side or somethin. Then you could melt the warp and revv together. Wouldnt be able to hold many ball though.

Gotenks
08-07-2002, 03:38 PM
The point of this gun was to make a compact set up, along with a loader that would still be on top, but would also be compact.

Well the way the loader would work, I'm not sure it would be efficient, but in theory it would work. And the way the gun works, well I know it would work, you'd be surprised how wack the internals are yet it operates so simply :D

I introduce the phalanx.... I'm making the prototype marker next year, the loader is way to advanced, I don't have the resources to make the loader.

but hey since I don't think my loader design would be efficient... maybe a more advanced whopper would work.

Like have a in hopper agitator geared up with the warp wheel, so when the wheel spins, the loader agitates.

dre1919
08-07-2002, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Gotenks
... you'd be surprised how wack the internals are yet it operates so simply :D...

Now that's funny!! Seriously though, I think both ideas are heading in the right direction. We do need a system that accurately feeds combined with the warp type setup, only more compact. I think Patron's design would work fine if you could meld the parts and motors all into and on the hopper body, without compromising too much room in the hopper for balls. I would love to see this concept fleshed out into reality. Good idea P!

TRIAD
08-07-2002, 04:03 PM
You could just put the hopped on top of the warp, completely get rid of the feed neck, remove the hopper batteries and run the hopper off the warp, then use a 90* out of the warp so no other mod need maybe, i dno, you figure that out, but really, the more you combine the two, the less balls it will hold. This may sound complicated, but you could put the warp INSIDE the hopper, make the hopper a bit bigger, and then make the warp paddles cup-shaped (i don't have my warp yet, coming in a few days, i'll have a look), and the, like a ferris wheel, it picks the balls up, then, like near the apex on the way down, it drops them into the hose, forces would be a better word, but the wup is like a few pieces of hard rubber that are separate, and the _ can ben dback, so it like hits the edge of the hose, which should be made a square with an adapter, now, the hopper will need to be modded maybe and this may not feed as well as the current setup, but hey

The cup holder thingy:
_
{ }

The receiver is just a square, if you dont get my idea, i'll explain further.

TRIAD
08-07-2002, 04:10 PM

vf-xx
08-07-2002, 04:23 PM
PGoP: If you leave about 1/4 of the warp wheel exposed inside the hopper portion that might agitate the balls enough for constant feeding. Tis an Idea.

Linx
08-07-2002, 09:24 PM
How about a Warp/Halo combo. The halo drive system could feed the warp from the bottom.

rhetor22
08-07-2002, 09:31 PM
that would be very chunky though.

Linx
08-07-2002, 09:35 PM
From my picture, yes. But if it was made like Patron God of Pirates picture I think it would work.

TRIAD
08-07-2002, 09:58 PM
TRIAD likes ^

NJ_agd47
08-07-2002, 10:37 PM
Linx great idea i think that would work i think thatwould work pretty good..somehow make it alittle more compact,then you wud be rich :D

TRIAD
08-07-2002, 11:06 PM
okay, you make it taller, just to the top of marker, then like it goes forward, so it's a square, but the pb's part is not making contact with warp, part on top, and something presses to keep balls moving

NJ_agd47
08-07-2002, 11:11 PM
that might work

Jack & Coke
08-07-2002, 11:39 PM
I like Linx's idea! :D http://www.automags.org/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

nicad
08-08-2002, 12:27 AM
looks innovative, but might run into "legal" probs.. dont know the details off-hand but Oddosy ran into the same problem with the halo. if im not mistaken there is supose to be a point where the paint is serial (single file) and gravity-fed.. which isnt really tru for the Tipman A5, so Hmmm...

worthy looking into.

out!

TransMan
08-08-2002, 01:06 AM
I think you could modify a HALO to feed into the back of a warp. Take out the battery back and cut the Halo Shell to fit around the warp cut the feed tube back to where it come out Horizontaly then attach it to a feed tube in the warp hmm i might have to try this.

rhetor22
08-08-2002, 05:08 AM
who is brave enough, and rich enough, to cut into their halo??

alf
08-08-2002, 08:27 AM
didnt tom file a patent for a hopperless marker a while ago?

if you can use the warp to feed into the BOTTOM of the barrel, instead of the top.....just like in toms patent...lol

-alf

TRIAD
08-08-2002, 08:37 AM
They need an EMAG warp breach that feeds into the bottom.

AngelBoy
08-08-2002, 11:55 AM
If someone could just make a warp/hopper combo that sits most of the electronics and such under the gun instead of to the side, and then offset the tank to the side. it would be more compact.

Heres another way to think of it. A lot of people already have their tank moved over to the right. Then they have the warp/hopper on the left. So there is a big space under the gun where the tank used to be. If you could cut down the warp/hopper and put all the electronics and such under the gun where the tank would be.

So you would have your tank on the right. All the electronics under your gun. And a smaller warp and hopper on the right.

Aranarth
08-08-2002, 05:27 PM
All of you are cutting out a percentage of your 'potential' profits when you make these things left mountable only. What about all the left handers? My thoughts on a totally unmarketable one, based on patent violations. :)
I'd use a halo based design. Halo force feeds already. Pirate the circuitry from a warp. Wire that up to a warp feed cone. Modify the path of the feed cone that instead of running down to the bottom of the hopper, it runs forward and angles up to the top center front of the hopper. Move the feed cone forward where the battery currently is, move the battery behind the feed cone. Place electronics about where they are. Make it slightly taller so it holds an exact 200 balls. Add a mounting bracket to the bottom. Where the feed neck comes out at the top front of the loader, looks just like a warp ball outlet, so you can just put a 90* or 45* adapter right on it, facing whatever direction you want (left, right, forwards)
-AranarthX

Jack & Coke
08-09-2002, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by TRIAD
They need an EMAG warp breach that feeds into the bottom.

Like this?