PDA

View Full Version : How do you "Shoulder" your marker?

HyperSnyper
08-07-2002, 05:15 PM
I was curious to how everyone here holds or shoulders their marker when firing?

Usualy I would butt the back of my tank into my shoulder, but recently tried my friends marker with NO drop. Just a long tank sticking out the back.

He said he likes to rest the bottom of the tank ontop his bicep. He said he likes it because it alleviates alot of the weight off his gun and he is less exposed when firing out the side of a bunker.

I gave it a try for just Shhh and Giggles last time I played. WOW. I must say the weight of the gun feels so much less when the tank is acutally resting on your shoulder veruss being butted up. Platform is still stable, plus since there is less weight on the front fore grip hand, I notice that my gun's barrel tip doesnt deviate as much due to muscular spasms from posting up for long periods.

Only downfall I can see is that the balace feels way off. Especially on the break when running to the bunker, the marker really feels back heavy.

Just wanted to know everyones preference.

-Hyper

P.S. Sorry no pie in this thread, I need accurate answers.

shartley
08-07-2002, 05:44 PM
I use a very compact setup and put the tank into the pit of my shoulder (this actually puts the back of the marker itself right up next to my mask). As for any weight….. I find that most of the weight disappears by using correct back pressure of the non-firing hand. My firing hand does very little supporting of weight while shooting, it is only used to pull the trigger and help stabilize the marker.. not support most of its weight. (if that made sense to any of you… LOL long day)

Only when I am NOT firing, does my firing hand/arm bear the full weight of the marker and setup. And I still find that not to be a problem. I can go a full day of playing (20 minute games with 10 minute brakes between) and have no problems with arm fatigue. I still shake my head at the younger guys who complain. ;)

Cliffio
08-07-2002, 06:10 PM
actually i dont put my marker on my shoulder at all, its more on my chest
almost in the middle of it actually, its a little to the right, but def. not shoulder

Cliff

BajaBoy
08-07-2002, 06:33 PM
i guess in woods i put the tank right to my chest/sholder and use my non firen hand is suport.. and when plaing supair speed ect, i do the same.. and sometimes dont butt my tank at all.. it depends on the bunker or whatever

rehme
08-07-2002, 06:50 PM
my gun is very heavy because i have a warp feed with a halo b so my gun tilts to the left so i kinda just let it stay on the other arm so there is alot places where i am holding the gun so when i fire my gun is tilted but that is ok cuz i have a power feed and it tilts it so i can see down the barrel just like shartley says if this makes sence to anybody

Eagle
08-07-2002, 06:59 PM
I use a Voodoo folding stock and I love it. Helps to stablize the platform and increase accuracy

personman
08-07-2002, 07:01 PM
hehe, as you might see in my sig, I have a very compact setup.. HOWEVER
This does not stop me from putting it on my shoulder...
I do both with my setup.

SIGSays
08-07-2002, 07:12 PM
i have a compact heavy weight set up... i rest the tank on my upper arm... and the end/bottom part end up infront of my arm pit.....

Emagster
08-07-2002, 07:38 PM
I hold it to where my tank is just against my shoulder and my hopper is right in front of my face and my hand blocks the warp. thats a little more then what your asking, but thats my setup.

FeelTheRT
08-08-2002, 07:14 AM
this is how i hold my marker.

Thordic
08-08-2002, 07:31 AM
Jeez, how do you aim with the gun that low?

cphilip
08-08-2002, 08:07 AM
Old fat long haired guys do it like this...

http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=382806

Thordic
08-08-2002, 10:22 AM
Heres a few ways I would say are the "best", but individual results may vary:

Perfect Warp Positioning
http://www.warpig.com/paintball/articles/news/lvl10launch/gallery/MVC007S.jpg

Tight to the shoulder, eye down the barrel...
http://www.warpig.com/paintball/articles/news/lvl10launch/gallery/MVC017S.jpg

And heres me. Note the gun is about three inches below firing position. I'd pull it up a tad before firing.
http://www.warpig.com/paintball/articles/news/lvl10launch/gallery/MVC032S.jpg

The point of holding your gun at your shoulder, with the valve right below your eye is so that you can sight down the side of the gun/barrel to get the best view of where your paintballs are going to be headed.

Anything less is uncivilized :)

cphilip
08-08-2002, 11:42 AM
Agreed! And notice cphilip doing the same thing in his picture!!! :D

FeelTheRT
08-08-2002, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Thordic
Jeez, how do you aim with the gun that low?
i just get used to it and nkow where i'm shooting at. Also you can just watch where ur first ball is going.

Gambit1106
08-08-2002, 01:05 PM
I use a long setup because I have freakisly long arms. I usually use a 88ci tank and put it in my pit to hold the tank along with my front hand for support.

Darren

Will Wood
08-08-2002, 01:06 PM
Like this:
on the left btw
http://www.mrpl.org/MAC/MAC-2/MAC2-036.jpg

MagNumPI
08-08-2002, 10:24 PM
I need a warp.. i come out of bunkers sideways. but my HL PF aloows me about 10 shots befor i dry fire.

FutureMagOwner
08-09-2002, 07:25 AM
i try to put it into the pit but it hurts like heck after a while when you dont have a tank cover :\ maybe ill try it a bit to the right or on top. would something like a dye tank cover make it feel better?(thats the one i plan on getting)

o and right now the cocker is somewhat compact and i dont have a drop yet for the mag

DarkRipper
08-09-2002, 08:54 AM
Tank mounted to gun directly, in pit of arm.

DR

InfinatyBPS
08-10-2002, 02:27 AM
Compact setup with just enough tank sticking out to shoulder it and have the back of gun right on my lense...

oldsoldier
08-10-2002, 06:42 PM
my way...

EsPo
08-10-2002, 06:46 PM
i usually have a nice compact up against the pit setup, but i recently got hit in the shoulder pit area exactly where the tank goes and it hurts really bad when i shoulder the gun.