PDA

View Full Version : Alright Who's Your Daddy?

Butterfingers
08-07-2002, 09:39 PM
http://www.geocities.com/dariel4g67/MOV00001.MPG

http://www.geocities.com/dariel4g67/MOV00002.MPG

Im making no claims... figure it out yourself...

Then ask yourself who your daddy is...

EDIT: You must right click and save target as...

EDIT II: Its now on paid webspace...

subbeh
08-07-2002, 09:41 PM
Oh... oh my dear god...

DiRTyBuNNy
08-07-2002, 09:42 PM
was Level 10 the reason for the choking in the second vid?

Mag Master 04
08-07-2002, 09:43 PM
cant download, i got a fire wall and it wont let me, or something
:confused: :mad:

AutoMaggot
08-07-2002, 09:45 PM
Wont let me download it brutha!

Sir Chopsalot
08-07-2002, 09:47 PM
nooooooo i want those movies

subbeh
08-07-2002, 09:49 PM
RIGHT CLICK ON LINK

SAVE AS!

netjunk1e
08-07-2002, 09:49 PM
Geocities sucks, they don;t give you any bandwith, you gotta find another host or something!

Butterfingers
08-07-2002, 09:50 PM
Geocities is crap... I gotta wait till I can contact Don so I can get some real webspace.

The choking near the end of the 2nd vid is the bolt stopping on the ball when the halo was running empty.

Mag Master 04
08-07-2002, 10:26 PM
i did save it, but its crappy i agree

speedballbanks
08-07-2002, 10:28 PM
someone who already has it save them zip em up and post em here or on better bandwith.

dio91
08-07-2002, 10:30 PM
i cant save it, wtf, yeah what speedball said, zip it

dio

Butterfingers
08-07-2002, 10:44 PM
all fixed...

Mav D MagMan
08-07-2002, 10:44 PM
First: the downloads don't work

Second: my daddy is the man who lives in my house with my mommy who works every day so that he can make me work to pay for my own paintball stuff.

Third (edit): they work now on paid webspace.

Mav

potti
08-07-2002, 10:50 PM
has anyone found out how fast it was?

Mossman
08-07-2002, 10:52 PM
First the download works.
Second, I ONLY HAVE SO MANY PAIRS OF BOXERS BUTTERS? WHAT THE HELL MAN, I JUST CHANGED MY CLOTHES, NOW I NEED TO SHOWER AGAIN AND PUT ON NEW BOXERS. JESUS, DO YOU GUYS AT MODIFIED HAVE SOME KINDA AGREEMENT WITH JOE BOXER OR SOMETHING? JEEZ

SlipknotX556
08-07-2002, 10:53 PM
Very nice butterfingers.

alf
08-07-2002, 10:55 PM
butterfingers is my daddy!!!

Mossman
08-07-2002, 10:57 PM
MEEEEEEE...CANT......BREATH......MEEEEE....CANT... ..BREATH.

25.........BPS...........with........paint......wh eez.....wheez....wheez.....Can i be in your modified family? Cant breath.

LOL, that is INSANITY. 24.6 BPS or so is what I see at the fastest point. Correct me if I'm wrong.

OMG OMG OMG

speedballbanks
08-07-2002, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by alf

mine first:p

Mossman
08-07-2002, 11:41 PM
my only possible scary thought is that butters is trying to redo the "crown point hype" that tom did, and he took a crappy vid at 13bps and doubled the speed. LOL

Say it aint so Butters! Say it aint slow.

The "I'm not making any claims" part scares me, cuz Don and Butters are the kind of guys who make damn crazy claims then back them up with proof.

CLAIM! CLAIM!

Mag Master 04
08-07-2002, 11:42 PM
OMG that gave me a hard on, lol, j/k

Butterfingers
08-07-2002, 11:44 PM
Na its real. The sound of the cars passing by at the end of the vid would be higher pitched as well as the sound sig of the gun if it were sped up. It is NOT.

The reason I make no claims is the effect is alot greater if you figure it out yourself.

E-magnum set at 25 bps is 25 BPS.

magking1971
08-07-2002, 11:48 PM
Daddy?
That is dang cool!

Mossman
08-07-2002, 11:52 PM
Butters, you love us dont you. We love you. Yes we do, Yes we do.

LOL, my cat's gone missing i think, (dont really care), gotta talk baby talk to the next best thing...BUTTERS!

*******************DISREGARD ALL STATEMENTS ABOVE THE LINE***

Anyhoo.....Thats awesome.

Dude, is that a 12v warp or did you squeeze more out of it?

Butterfingers
08-07-2002, 11:54 PM
18 volts yanked the stock board out of the warp ran the warp straight off the e-magnum circutry

Yes the e-magnum board is capable of controlling both the e-mag as well as the warpfeed at the same time.

We originally thought that running both directly off the board was too much. Then we found out from the HEXFET manufacturer that its rated at 40 volts

Emagster
08-08-2002, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by Butterfingers
18 volts yanked the stock board out of the warp ran the warp straight off the e-magnum circutry

Yes the e-magnum board is capable of controlling both the e-mag as well as the warpfeed at the same time.

We originally thought that running both directly off the board was too much. Then we found out from the HEXFET manufacturer that its rated at 40 volts

i wish I was good with electronics. i might attempt somethng like that. But i suk when it comes to mixing wires and what not. Dude..butterfingers. That was awesome.

Cristobal
08-08-2002, 12:05 AM
Good gosh thats a lot of paint shot in a hurry!

Looking at the second clip in sound forge, I find it comes out to about 24.5 bps (in the continous full auto part without any skips)

Here's a screen-shot, the highlighted portion its 1.000 sec

EDIT -- MORE INFO: It looks like each cycle takes about 0.041 +/- .001 sec. You can't see it in the pic I posted, but at the end of that first continuous string there are two gaps of exactly this length where a firing signature should have been. This would seem to me to indicate places where the bolt hit a mis-fed ball, reset and then fired on the next cycle. (I am assuming this is running a Lvl 10?)

Mossman
08-08-2002, 12:22 AM
Yup, looks like a hair over 24.5 bps, thats what i found too.

pito189
08-08-2002, 08:45 AM
Does the warp run off the E-Mag battery or its own battery? How did the warp motor hold up to that beating? I'm guessing you had a HALO on there I couldn't really tell.

Heck if the Emagnum can do 40 volts run everything off of it, the warp and the HALO too, and see how fast you can get it going.

synreal
08-08-2002, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by pito189
Does the warp run off the E-Mag battery or its own battery? How did the warp motor hold up to that beating? I'm guessing you had a HALO on there I couldn't really tell.

Heck if the Emagnum can do 40 volts run everything off of it, the warp and the HALO too, and see how fast you can get it going.

The board circutry would hold up fine, but the stock Emag battery doesn't have enough 'umph' to run the noid, warp and halo at once.

Butterfingers
08-08-2002, 09:03 AM
Im gonna experiment with some electrolytic caps.

Seems when the battery gets low say 3/4 empty the e-mag batts no longer can pull the noid and spin the warp at the same time.

You guys got any suggestions on what to use? I have two 4700uf @35v caps sitting around.

wes
08-08-2002, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by alf

omg your my long lost brother ogmgoomgomgmog :eek: :eek: :eek:

SlartyBartFast
08-08-2002, 12:57 PM
Butterfingers,

What are the values of the initial maximum start-up currents and what is the actual required voltage.
Those numbers would be required to determine the battery voltage requirements and capacitor requirements.

Perhaps the analysis that needs to be done is find the required voltaga a start-up current for each individual component (Solenoid, Warp, HALO). The capacitors selected combined with the voltage/current output from the batteries should be designed to match the maximum current requirements.

I don't have an E-MAG but there's no way the battery is 18 volts because that's the voltage requirement. It's because of the voltage drop caused by the current demands of the solenoid. I mean good lord, the specs claimed the abttery was good for 20,000 shots.

I think a battery that could fire perhaps 4000 shots and drive all the electric components (Solenoid, Warp, HALO) would be far more desireable. Don't need more power than what is required to fire what you can reasonably carry onto the field for a game or two really. If the battery was good for 2 games, you'd just need to have multiple batteries for a days play. Or, just two batteries and a way to charge the one not being used.

Butterfingers
08-08-2002, 02:49 PM
8 amperes peak and give or take 14 volts for contiuous firing.

The e-mag batt is actually 16.8 volts arranged in 14 1.2v AAA size NiMh cells.

SlartyBartFast
08-08-2002, 02:53 PM
So 8 amps peak.

What is the steady amp draw at with 14V?

How about the values for the individual components?
I was thinking it might be advantageous to provide the HALO and Warp individual voltage regulators and capacitors to be fed from the board.

I would wonder also if the HALO and Warp boards couldn't be modified to soft start the motors and/or accelerate the motors up to speed depending on demand.

Butterfingers
08-08-2002, 03:05 PM
I have no clue. I need to find specs on that.

The pulse length for the noid is only 20 ms.

The warp should draw no more than 1 amp continuously.

alf
08-08-2002, 03:25 PM
lol

hear ye! hear ye!!

let it be known that from THIS day forward alf will no longer be known as alf...he will be known be his NEW FULL name...

alf-fingers

-alf-fingers

AcemanPB
08-08-2002, 03:32 PM
come on guys whats the point of shooting that fast, you know you can't even pull the trigger that fast....

jk!! jk!!! jk!!! :D :D that was awsome i'm still in awe

Butterfingers
08-08-2002, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by AcemanPB
come on guys whats the point of shooting that fast, you know you can't even pull the trigger that fast....

jk!! jk!!! jk!!! :D :D that was awsome i'm still in awe

To prove that I can pee farther than anybody else...

speedballbanks
08-08-2002, 04:32 PM

To prove that I can pee farther than anybody else...

lmao lolrofl ;)

Butterfingers
08-08-2002, 11:20 PM
My makeshift capacitive discharge firing system works better than I expected.

solved the power problem the 4700uf cap proved to be more than enough to solve the batt low current demand problem.

Now I gotta work on a way to discharge the cap because with the yellow pin in, it still stores enough power for 2 seconds to pull the noid one more time.

Folks what we have here is a gun that currently outshoots power, air, and feed systems.

speedballbanks
08-08-2002, 11:33 PM
and the owner of it can pee really far;)

davidb
08-09-2002, 12:18 AM
Hey, dad, now I know what you can get me for my birthday!

FrAuStY
08-09-2002, 10:02 AM
My makeshift capacitive discharge firing system works better than I expected.

solved the power problem the 4700uf cap proved to be more than enough to solve the batt low current demand problem.

Now I gotta work on a way to discharge the cap because with the yellow pin in, it still stores enough power for 2 seconds to pull the noid one more time.

Folks what we have here is a gun that currently outshoots power, air, and feed systems.

Two words:

Utterly AMAZING!!!

Who said mostly recballing rednecks use automags?! I see several knowledgeable minds conspiring to keep AGD ahead of the other marker companies. Who knows...butter, you may even be able to get TK to buy some of your boards to replace the stock Emag boards, kinda like Bob's doing with the timmy. Make sure you cap the semi auto to 13 bps, but as said with the emagnum, you flip two dip switches and voila you're no longer capped on semi or full auto. What a groovy upgrade for an already BADA*% marker. Where will we go from here? I think we should look into making color-seeking paintballs!! WOOT! J/k about the seeking paintballs (duh!) Good job and goodluck with getting that bad boy up and running consistently with low battery operation!

~FrAuStY