PDA

View Full Version : Which inline reg I can't decide HELP

hubadlatimmy
08-07-2002, 10:41 PM
Well I am getting ready to buy my new cocker and I can't decide what inline reg I am going to get, I need some help and reviews here. The current choices are

Air America- Messiah
ANS- Gen-X 2 reg
Centerflag
AKA sidewinder

I want honest reviews and opinions please help me out here. If you have something else in mind throw it out.

Polishpickles451
08-08-2002, 09:59 AM
why not consider a palmers? They work great and are small.

hubadlatimmy
08-08-2002, 11:03 AM
not really into palmers stuff, If I were I would have it on my cocker. Anyways anybody have any review for the messiah, I think thats what I am going to get.

mike e
08-08-2002, 11:41 AM
well my opinion is this
i shoot my cocker with a AKALMP adjuster cap on the stock reg for several reasons, one i got it in trade cheap and 2 the cocker stock regs have a great range of adjustment from 160 psi to well over 600psi which is more then enough range for any cocker, they also have a really fast recharge rate. if you feel the absolute need to buy a NEW reg thats externally adjustable, i recomend getting a stock STO inline reg, otherwise known as the ERGO reg. the ERGO's are imho the BEST inline on the market. faster recharge then almost any reg on the market, and often times found cheap because everyone disregards them because they are not aftermarket. AGD is not the only company that makes guns that dont need upgrades. the new WGP cockers require nothing to be bad ***, save maybe a barrel. ive shot cockers for years and have owned 3 of them, i cant recomend WGP stuff enough. also i have had several bad experiences with ANS products, maybe i got lemons but ive seen bad regs, bad 3ways and bad rams from them and would nto trust a inline from their company. AKA sidewinders are nice but they are pricey and very sensitive, i believe they may require a adj tank input pressure as well, if i remember correctly they are not designed to take the stock 850 psi tank output. AA messiahs are a good reg, however some of AA's cheaper products perform on par with the messiah, like the vigilanti, and if you plan on using co2 the black ice. you can always change the pressure on your stock inline reg by unscrewing the bottom cap and turning the nut to adjust pressure.

rudy
08-08-2002, 11:57 AM
how do you know the wgp regs are fast at recharge? and how fast is fast? I prefer to work with numbers where did you learn this.

mykroft
08-08-2002, 12:11 PM
The recharge on the WGP stock reg is good, they aren't very consistent though, it's a decent reg for CO2 and dirt cheap. The Ergo/Black Magic (Same internals in the Ergo as the Black Magic) are quite good. From your list, I'd go with the AKA reg as a first choice, the Air America second. Avoid the Gen-X like the plague, usual ANS quality issues.

Considering the price on the AKA adjuster cap, it's a really silly idea, I can get a Palmer Stab for about $10 more, which is a significantly better reg.

rudy
08-08-2002, 01:56 PM
mykroft how do you know it is good recharg on the wgp reg?
can you link me to soem test or something?

mike e
08-08-2002, 02:06 PM
i think i picked it up at the guild but im not sure, i cant quote exact numbers so i didnt give em. check the tech section on docsmachine, but i may be way off on where i found it. ill try to scrape up the site for you ASAP

Telefragged
08-08-2002, 06:17 PM
I agree with Mykroft. The AKALMP ones are the best, and have the highest flow of any you listed, great consistency as well. CenterFlag second, I've no experience with these, but hear they are some of the fastest and highest flowing secondary regulators on the market.
Messiah third, I don't know much about them, but have heard of some initial problems when setting them up, don't really know what though.

WGP Ergo & Black Magic regs are very good, everyone just assumes they're just a stock one with a different body. The guts are different however, faster recharge and good consistency.

ANS = Trash... for the most part.

hubadlatimmy
08-09-2002, 12:02 PM
does anybody know how long the Aka sidewinder is I have to worry about that and thats why I am thinking messiah. I use a normal sized shocktech drop and need there to be some space in between the drop/reg. Thanks

Telefragged
08-09-2002, 12:08 PM
Not sure of the exact measurment of the Sidewinders, but I do know that there are 3 different lengths you can get 'em in. Long, medium, and short. if you're worried about it interefering with a cradle or anything, maybe a short one?
Sorry I can't be of more help than that.

hubadlatimmy
08-09-2002, 12:14 PM
know a good website that carries all three lengths besides the aka website because I don't really want to pay MFSR.

mike e
08-09-2002, 07:59 PM
sorry i cant find the article and i would like to apologize for possibly misleading statistics, im sorry if this has influenced anyone in any matter that could be interpted as negative or just plain old wrong

sorry for that

mike e

Telefragged
08-09-2002, 10:02 PM
hubadlatimmy, www.g3pb.com is an AKA dealer, and he carries all lengths of SideWinders for around $85-90, not sure exactly how much though. Good guy, although he only takes orders by phone, they arrive pretty quickly.

KamikazeChiKenz
08-10-2002, 05:41 PM
I own an ANS Gen-X 2 reg and found it to be a great reg. It has great consistency, very fast recharge(never had any shootdown) and easily adjusted. I too have heard about some quality issues w/ ANS products but mine seems to work great.