PDA

View Full Version : Chromed out minimag question

NJ_agd47
08-07-2002, 10:57 PM
I just bought this minimag,and i was wondering if you were a front plyer what kind of upgrades yu wuld put onit your self...ofcourse im lookin for light stuff to run faster...just some idea would help thanks...ofcourse i knows i need a drop..

Greg98
08-07-2002, 11:04 PM
first off, nice mini. now if i had that particular gun, here's what i'd do:

1) Get an HPA tank, it's well worth it on any mag
2) if you get HPA, then you'll probably need to swap out that x-chamber for a gas thru grip, an added incentive (sp?) is that a nice gas thru looks alot better than a big fat expansion chamber (IMO)
3) like you said a nice drop will balance things out alot, i myself use a CP and i like it, however some people like their markers super compact in which case i'd get a KAPP drop zone, but beware those are pricey.
4) a good double trigger frame like an intelli will get your BPS up for some quick snap shooting, an intelliframe is my next upgrade
*EDIT* also, you'll definately be needing a 12volt revy soon, i'd almost say that you may need that second, right after HPA (you'll have to look into whether or not you can use HPA with that expansion chamber, in many expansion chambers the chambers inside the grip restrict the flow of compressed air)

so there it is, my $0.02 be nice to that mini, it's a good looking marker, so get some HPA and treat her right ;)

RTMAGBOY13
08-07-2002, 11:07 PM
i agree cept u should get a 12vt or a ricochet or something

Telefragged
08-07-2002, 11:10 PM
You'll definitely want to look at a new loader. 12v Revolutions with X-Boards are going pretty cheap now, Check out www.countypaintball.com. You might also want to look at a Richochet or HALO, all excellent loaders. Choose one that fits your needs and price range.

I've heard negative comments about the Benchmark trigger frames, the pull apparently tends to be long and full of unneeded slack, you might want to look at an Intelliframe for a better trigger pull, and if you get a Revolution, you can easily Intellifeed it using the .pdf files on AGD's website.

N2/HPA has a LOT of benefits over CO2, and you might want to consider picking up a decent screw in tank. Crossfire's are supposedly the best around. I think this is one of the more important things. You won't need the expansion chamber with N2/HPA, so you'd benefit from selling and cha,ber and picking up a simple gas through grip, no secondary regulators are needed. As you mentioned, a mounting cradle would help balance the marker better as well. You won't want a huge one, just a mid-size one at around 2-3" to help get the marker feeling better.

From there, its up to you. Get some air, get some paint, and practice both on your game, and on the trigger.

NJ_agd47
08-07-2002, 11:15 PM
ya i already have a 12vlt revy wit X-board,ill probably end up getting a kapp dz2 chrome drop forward...im just not sure bout the tank yet..thanks for the ideas keep'em comin

FutureMagOwner
08-08-2002, 07:30 AM
nice gun and i would recommend the ricochet ak because you dont need the bells and whistles and other doohickeys and its a great loader for about the price revs used to go for(not sure on current prices on things besides the halo b)

nice gun but watchout my long silver barrel on my tippmann blinded me with the darned glare on the end of it

TRIAD
08-08-2002, 08:29 AM
If you're looking for a nice, long drop, the TKO drops come in chrome, they're about 35 bucks. That's the one I have, and it'd look bad having a black drop.

halo13
08-08-2002, 10:30 AM
drop forward, nitro tank, some sort of electronic frame.

NJ_agd47
08-08-2002, 11:28 AM
you think i should get lvl 10 and a RT valve?

halo13
08-08-2002, 11:31 AM
yea, why not.

xmetal2001
08-08-2002, 11:32 AM
Before you can get a Retro valve you HAVE to have HPA(Nitrogen, or whatever you want to call it). It is required with the Retro.

HPA is definately the most important thing you can get right now. Focus on that.
If you are going to get a Retro after that you might want to look into getting an Adjustable tank, they are more expensive but will allow you to control the reactiveness of the trigger with a retro valve.

SlipknotX556
08-08-2002, 11:41 AM
Id say first of all get a motorized loader. Second get a nice Nitrogen system, if ur a front player get like a 45/4500 or something. Third a double trigger frame like a dye or intelliframe.

Sinnet
08-08-2002, 11:43 AM
if weight is a big deal, make sure the nitro you get is fiberwrapped

hostage
08-08-2002, 11:57 AM
get a fiberwraped 45/4500 they are soo light and hold quit a bit. Don't get a halo, cause they are way to heavy!, a reavy loader is a good thing, i use a 9v, a lvl 10 is a must for non breakidge, Retro valve is okay if you shoot really fast and like the reacitve, trigger, but that is something you should get further down the road. Thats just my opinion, i am a front guy too.
-Hostage

btw that guy is right about the gas thru grip go with that put a drop so you can make the center of graivy as close to the trigger as you can.

NJ_agd47
08-08-2002, 12:55 PM
thanks for the ideas,i think i might go for a 68/4500 crossfire tank,with the kapp dz2,im not sure what kind of gas thru grip yet...i might end up gettin a dif. trigger frame in awhile...but if amy of you got any more ideas kee them comin...thanks:)

demonguy8
08-08-2002, 02:27 PM
its soo shiny that it burns my eyes!.....:eek: :eek:

*puts on sunglassses :cool:

ok then... since you sound like you want the lightest/smallest tourney marker you can pull outa it soo here we go

first off REVY... (if you cant feed paint you cant shoot it)

2nd NITRO (i reccomend flatline) + DROP (i say CP chrome lightning for the look appeal)*make sure you get the rail adapter for the flatline*

3rd if you like your trigger get a LVL 10, if not get a CHROME intelliframe (recomend blade but its up to you)

4th whatever you didnt do in 3

5 Retro valve (assuming you like the Rt feel, since SOME dont)

6 gas thru forgrip that doesnt weigh 2lbs (like that xpansion chamber does)

7 maybe a freak if you ever need to match paint (most really dont since they have a med bore barrel and 9/10 of field paint is med bore but ya never know)

*i forgot to put this in... look into a warp feed.. its not the lightest but it will make you smaller... DEFINATELY A TRY IT FIRST THING... I would buy it before the retro

BajaBoy
08-08-2002, 02:41 PM
hey, u didnt tell me u got a mag.. thought u never would. O Well nice gun, get teh 45 4500 crossfire i just used one and very nice look and feal.. get a clear shell for you hopper cuz black wont dew on that gun, and maybe a faster ____ so u wont shoot you;) j-k.. do u have it right now? if u do then come over

Telefragged
08-08-2002, 05:42 PM
If you're going to get a 68 or 45 tank, don't get a DZII, it will be too large and force you to cram your marker up against your goggles, look at something smaller like a CP Microdrop for a small tank like a 45ci, not like you'll need one with that size tank though... just some advice. I'd focus on N2/HPA first, then a trigger frame. A ReTro and Level 10 can come later, you should get the essentials. then practice with the marker to become aquanted with how it shoots and handles.

Bonx0007
08-08-2002, 06:27 PM
all you need is lvl 10.:D

NJ_agd47
08-08-2002, 07:28 PM
Thanks for the ideas i got a good amount of them,and thanks for the comments too..

Emagster
08-08-2002, 07:37 PM
that looks REALLY nice. ok in order what I would get is....

1. 12v revy hopper of some sort(w/ turbo rev board, Turbo board, and a new vortex inpeller)

2. a nice nitrogen tank(maybe a 4.5k flatline. the pewter would look god with the chrome)

3. after you get the nitrogen, drop the expansion chamber and get a gas thru for-grip.

4. next GO ReTro. one of the best things you can do to your gun

5. I would have to say Lvl 10 next. great thing to do to your gun to prevent chops that can cause problems

6. warp, a warp will keep you from chopping alone, but matched with Lvl 10....you wont have any worries of not having a ball loaded so you wont miss a shot.

7. warp body....great way to pull your warp setup in. and make sure(if you can) to make a hole in your hopper for the warp hose.

well with all of that...it'll give one kicking gun.