PDA

View Full Version : Where am I supposed to be?

Python14
08-07-2002, 11:35 PM
Have you ever thought about what your purpose is? I mean, for me atlease, I know God above has some purpose for me, but I don't know what it is. Alot of my friends already are planning for college(We'll be juniors), yet I'm planning what color dye hat I want for my birthday. Alot of my friends are going on trips to see the world. I drove to Montvale tonite(30 minutes max) to drop off a good friend. Alot of my friends work in air conditioned jobs, make more than me, and still somehow have time to put lifts on their Jeeps. I work in a glass oven for minimum wage and struggle to work Church and school in. Alot of my friends have friends in college who smoke pot and drink constantly. I still refuse to smoke hash, no matter how harmless it may be. Alot of my friends own expensive toys like jet-skis and brand new SUVs. My most prized posession is my Automag that I bought used. It took me three months to save for too. Alot of my friends have been going steady with their girl/boy friends for years. I still turn red around the girl I fancy. Alot of my friends get scholarships and free rides through school because they can catch a ball real good or know how to bounce one well. I have to pay for college, because there are no scholarships for people who can run 50 yards, shoot a target the size of a shoe at 30 yrds and then runs some more and do it again. I'm not saying I'm unhappy, because I'm not, I'm just asking if there is something I am doing wrong? Has the world become to strange for people like me? I feel like everyone else is going somewhere, while I'm still at home. I've found my skills are in Biology(perfect scores on SOL and Pre-tests, + 115 on Final Exam), yet I see no success in it as I do not have any passion for it. I want my kids to have a more fruitful childhood than I have had. I'm not saying mine has been bleak and boring, far from it, but my family has never been able to do the things alot of my friends families have done. But I want my kids to wake up every morning and be happy because they know they are being cared for by a successful Dad and equally successful mom. I'm just scared I'm doing something wrong, because it seems everyone else is going somewhere and I'm sayin put.

Does anyone else feel this way too?

MajorDamage
08-08-2002, 12:39 AM
lol, I hear ya! I have no idea what I'm doing with my life, and I'm now a senior...lol, this sucks :). Wel I think I'm just giving it to God and letting him take care of it, I donno what I wanna be, but I need to find out soon. I just know I don't wanna work at TacoBell forever :D! But as long as I got God, I'm gonna be taken care of :). But I really hate not knowing what I'm gonna do with my life, or even what I WANT to do with it lol. Other than be in a kick but band, but I'm too realistic to believe that (1) I could find people with similar musical interests around here to form a band (2)That I'm good enough to be a professional bass player, and (3) to think I can make a living off of playing bass lol. But its about the only thing I can think of now that I wanna do lol. I suck.

ENDO!

Python14
08-08-2002, 11:30 AM
I'd glad to see that someone else is in the same boat as me, and even better, reading the same book too.