PDA

View Full Version : HELP! ReTro valve keeps chopping

MagMan00
08-08-2002, 01:09 AM
I have an automag classic with a retro valve that i got a few weeks ago and when i shoot it fast it keeps chopping.
and i also hear a hissing sound from where the on/off assembly is. I was wondering if the spacer could of had something to do with the chopping.If u have any idea what the answer to these problems are please respond.

InvisibleBill
08-08-2002, 01:51 PM
howdy. The chopping might be that your hopper can't feed fast enough, or you might be short stroking. I don't know if you can short stroke with a Retro. As for the hissing, your velocity might be up to high (my minimag hissed one time when I screwed the velocity nut into much, overpressuring the valve). Hope this helps. IB.

virus
08-08-2002, 03:31 PM
yup if it only chops when you try to fire fast then it is a feed problem... either your hopper cant keep up, your powerfeed plug is misaligned or in the rare case the opening in the barrel doen't perfectly match up with the powerfeed.... which is somehting i have only seen once.....

most likely it is your hopper not keepin up and the only way to stop that would be a faster feeding hopper or a warp....

or just get the level 10 upgrade...

as for the hissing sound... most likely that is you shortstroking the trigger if it is not from a shortstorke then it is just the valve recharging

MagMan00
08-08-2002, 07:36 PM
ok thanks,ill try a faster feeding hopper