PDA

View Full Version : AGD and boxes

mrhooie
08-08-2002, 02:57 PM
who says AGD has poor boxes

This one is pretty nice :)

wyn1370
08-08-2002, 03:00 PM
I think it's horrible. You shouldn't even open it up, just leave the contents in it and send it to my house for proper disposal. Not to mention it would look really nice on my C&C.
BTW where did you get that from?

halo13
08-08-2002, 03:13 PM
Well, I was planning on taking a picture of my box but my room mate made me throw it out. I can however give you a description of what kind of box my emag came in.. Immagine if you will, a plain white box, no designs, no pictures. On the side there is a sticker indicating that an emag exists somewhere within, there is a large dent on one side and many small holes on the top. It looks like the post office droped it on a pile of nails, and then stomped on it in an attempt to get the nails out.

ps. That flatline box reminds me of a cerial box for some reason... Do I eat the flatline and keep the dovetail as a prize?

halo13
08-08-2002, 03:25 PM
I think this one illusrates my point more clearly.

halo13
08-08-2002, 03:26 PM
I swear to god, these are real.

TransMan
08-08-2002, 03:29 PM
I didnt get a box with my gun all i got was a black trash bag ;)

Coaster
08-08-2002, 03:29 PM
LOL!!!! Confederate money copies!!

Zuofu
08-08-2002, 03:49 PM
Hey, the boo hooter looks just like one of my cocker barrels!

mrhooie
08-08-2002, 04:22 PM
I'm an AGD dealer in Canada and ordered the Flatline in (90ci 4500 psi) for a customer.

The box for my eMag also came in a plain box with a sticker on the side. I just wanted to let people know what the Flatline box looked like

Now with DoveTail Adapter!!

LOL....

Cristobal
08-08-2002, 06:51 PM
Yeah, I don't think the white boxes with the lions logo and product name (Automag/Minimag/etc.) embossed over it look bad at all -- and putting that pic of the flattline on top -- not too shabby!

halo13
08-08-2002, 10:06 PM
I'm not saying its a bad box. Its actually a nice looking box. I would re-think that "now with dovetail" thing featured on the top of the box. It looks goofy.

FeelTheRT
08-08-2002, 10:18 PM
many people dont dont dropforwards and like using dovetail instead. People like me ^ ^

Emagster
08-08-2002, 10:34 PM
I want that confederate money in that cherio box

AGD
08-09-2002, 02:15 AM
Why thank you all for the postive review of our NEW Flatline box. Actually its an old box with a new sticker that I made up for them. We are in the process of running out of our supply of old boxes and reordering them with new designs.

The new boxes will be black to compensate for the "white box" stigma. If you think the flatline is ok you'll like the real ones.

AGD

Manuel_FZR
08-09-2002, 04:21 AM
... I donīt understand the box-hype ... itīs one of the most unimportant things in the world for me :confused:
Think of it: have you got your marker or your box on the fiel?

2000Sabre
08-09-2002, 09:24 AM
The whole box thing was started when some of us compared the Angel IR3 box to the SFL E-Mag box. People are absolutely right, it has no bearing on the quality of AGD products. However, in the case of the Extreme/SFL E-Mag, it's reputation is that it's a hign-end, premiumm marker. Therefore, as an ueducated paintball consumer, I would probably expect to get a nicely packaged and presented product. It's part of the overall buying experience.

The box is not for the benefit of the AO minions, we all know how good they're products are. The presentation is for those who may not. What the product comes in is AGD's opportunity for a first impression. A poorley presented product may lead to a bad first impression and keep prospective buyers away from AGD products. Even though we may think that's unreasonable, it happens every day.

I'm glad AGD has made an effort to improve their product presentation. It show's that they listen to their current customers and may just attract some new ones.

mrhooie
08-09-2002, 09:36 AM
I think the sticker is a beautiful idea, and I didn't notice that it was covering an old graphic till later. I wanted to peel it off to see what was underneath but didn't.

The box is great in the shop - the color really got people asking about it. I know you don't get that with a black and white box...

If it was only a sticker that was on the other boxes - it would be night and day.

I've got a box for a Piranha Pro TS Storm frame on the shelf (marker is on the wall) and I get asked about it all the time (mind you, haven't sold it yet :))

alkafluence
08-09-2002, 09:46 AM
Why actually, I do take my box onto the field regularly!!! j/k

Actually, to contribute to this thread- my Emag came in a very nondescript white cardboard box with large staples tacked into the front to keep the flaps together. It also had a "serial number" sticker on the side that amazingly also had the same number as was on the valve of the gun. It was also filled with several layers of large bubble wrap. Simply amazing ;)

Actually, I could really care less, what it came in, as long as it continues to perform well... Good job AGD!

BTW- mine did not come with instruction manual or video for the Emag (it came with an RT Pro video and a note that said something to the effect of calling in to request the manual, etc) and it was signed by Tom (or a reasonable photocopy thereof) woohoo!!!