PDA

View Full Version : 13 bps semi auto

rudy
08-08-2002, 03:14 PM
my first question is the board on the new extremes semi only and limited to 13 bps

I have a matrix and it is not capped i dont believe so anyway. And it just feels like I can shoot it faster then anything I have. even thought the trigger is almost exactly the same as the angel which is locked at 13. And I think my hyper frame mag is too. my question it. when a gun is capped at a cirtain speed if you were to pull the trigger twice faster then that speed does it just disreguard the other shots. so you would lose a shot?
If so then capping your semi auto mode would be a disadvantage especailly when trying to market a gun.

My other question is could anyone who knows for sure tell me exactly what the dwell time in a matrix mean. is there some sort of latency int he solenoid and what not. is the dwell time the total time the solenoid is activated one way? also the back dwell is that just like a rate limiter to give the ball time to fall in? cause it seems like if I can set it to 12ms forward it wouldnt take a whole 35 ms to get back. seems like I could do 12 forward and back.

mykroft
08-08-2002, 03:20 PM
The angel isn't locked in Semi, the Extreme is locked at 20 not 13.

cphilip
08-08-2002, 03:20 PM
well I can tell you the board I saw at IAO on Monday that was on the C&C extreem had its semi mode capped at 20 BPS. I can and will assume that is the same board. Which is up from the 16 BPS the emag has. And it was running a different software version too.

rudy
08-08-2002, 03:45 PM
I mean the angel semi is locked at 13 at least on mine. and many of the newer boards are locked semi only from what i have heard. that sounds good with the extreme.

wyn1370
08-08-2002, 03:49 PM
well shucks, if the C&C is locked at 20BPS maybe I don't need an emagnum board

Cliffio
08-08-2002, 04:42 PM
rudy your mistaken

an angel in semi can be changed up to 20 bps, its only capped at 20, you can change the cap if you want, maybe thats what you mean, or full auto is capped at 13

but semi is 20

Cliff

rudy
08-08-2002, 06:24 PM
does it have to be unlocked I didnt try but once but in semi mode I could not change the mrof to more then 13 i could go down but not up from there

Cliffio
08-08-2002, 06:31 PM
thats odd, never heard of that happening, and it was in semi?

huh

Cliff

rudy
08-08-2002, 06:36 PM
I belive so but I will try again when the board comes back I have a friend who turned his up to 20 and said it had to be unlocked and never cared to turn it up till I started shooting the mtrix then I started to think maybe it was slowing me down. I am not sure if its just the difference in kick or what the deal is( cant get answers to my technical questions without beating it out of them at the guild)

Tron
08-08-2002, 06:46 PM
Why does it matter anyway? Can you really pull the trigger that fast? It's cool to have bragging rights but if your gun can do 20+ but its capped at 13 whats the difference?

-Tron

rudy
08-08-2002, 07:24 PM
it matters cause im an american

man all these anti rof nazis everywhere I go

lets say a gun is capped at 13bps which is about 77 ms of time between shots. tron there are people who have matrix lcds that read out 20 bps.
that is a 50 ms gap in between 2 trigger pulls now lets say i snap out to take a string of shots and lest say in that string i manage to accidentally place 2 trigger pulls at 60 ms apart and the trigger pull that they reside in was one that was backed up from a previous one at the end. so bothe reside in a single shot now the question is. will the firm/soft or whatever ware of the board continue to count those 2 shots or not. if it ignores one then I just missed a paintball not cause of me or my super hopper that feeds 22 bps but because of a mrof cap. and the worst part is that was the 1 ball that was going to hit that guy i was shooting a lane for. and then they all come runing in and bunker me and i go off the feild in shame. OK

FrAuStY
08-08-2002, 07:37 PM
Muahahaha....the beauty of electronics... lol I have a MM and I can get about 11-12 bps out of it...never misses a trigger stroke :p

Tron
08-08-2002, 07:46 PM
If you can't hit them in your string of shots I dont think you will. =)

-Tron

Fred
08-08-2002, 07:48 PM
I think I have achieved 5bps with my phantom in full auto-trigger mode...

I think I could possibly hit 6 with my Sterling...

:P

1 shot is all it takes buddy!

---Fred

rudy
08-08-2002, 08:25 PM
If you can't hit them in your string of shots I dont think you will. =)
at long ranges the gun isnt that accurate no gun I have ever shot or bench tested is, and the way fields are set up these days you have to play at long ranges quite a bit. more shots = more chances that 1 ball will make the mark or a couple will hit and 1 will break.

I used to take one shot that was when I was playing newbies who would hang out long enough. and then soemtimes it would bounce right off the goggles. I dont do that anymore. those days went away when I met the reality of paintball.

Its like every one thinks that if you shoot fast you have bad aim. there fore your either a aimer or a slinger and it never occured to anyone that having good aim coupled with slingin alot of paint could be the best way to maximize your shooting game.

Pand0ra
08-09-2002, 04:52 AM
Originally posted by Fred

---Fred

Yep, but that'll not help your teammates make moves on the field, especially on Sup'Air ball.
You need a high rate of fire to do the job.
In the woods it's different, of course.

On the Xtreme, ROF is limited to 20bps when the ACE is working. If it's disabled, the limit is at 16bps.
I don't think there's other modes than the semi-auto on my marker, and it's not possible anymore to put the jumper on the board (ACE connected at this place).

@++