PDA

View Full Version : More bad paintball exposure

magman007
08-08-2002, 05:40 PM
OK, this time, it was on the mtv show I Bet You Will. Wel it was called shoot the geek, THey put a guy in a pink leotard on and a mask and umnloaded on him. Prolly wasnt the best thing for paintball

Hexis
08-08-2002, 06:18 PM
I don't think most folks take anything on mtv very seriously. For all of Jacka**'s press, you didn't see anyone calling for a ban on shopping carts. It's real news like vandalism with paintballs that I worry about.

-Xugg-
08-08-2002, 06:24 PM
Yeah, I just saw a diffrent take on what you just said but they had him put on a neck guard, helmate, goggles, white tights, and a cup for $210 and he got shot 9 out of 21 times.

Atleast they weren't using clear sunglasses as eye protection. :( *sigh*

blackmag3
08-08-2002, 06:52 PM
just got this in my email a day or so ago from apg's online newsletter.

he Calgary Herald of August 8, 2002 reports that vandals did serious damage to a custom home under construction near Fish Creek Provincial Park and the Bow River.

The home of Brian and Kathy Gifford is at 170 Mt. Douglas Close S.E. It was vandalized while they were out of town. Vandals shot paintballs and destroyed large custom ceiling and wall artistic freehand plaster murals, light bulbs, custom oak railings and other upscale features.

Damage estimate: $80,000. The Giffords have insurance, and the builder is also paying for damage and for their rent until the home can be moved into.

Vandals damaged other homes in the development; concrete was poured down the drains of another home. Security guards have been hired by Jayman Master Builder.

Anyone with information about the crimes please contact the Calgary police.

BajaBoy
08-08-2002, 07:13 PM
yea that, and on mtv's Jackass.. lol they were shooting jhony i think? from point black then he was in a jockstrap

on FBI files they have some kids doing a drive by with a "high powered paintballgun" (tippmenn prolight) and going around town shooting everything with red paint and all the people thought they were shot with a real gun.. (red paint-blood) wasnt good at all

NJ_agd47
08-08-2002, 09:21 PM
And i wonder why paintball gets a bad name,from people who dont know a thing about it.Just because of bad ideas on TV and whatnot,they should put good TV shows of what paintball is really like,without using a paintball gun in a vandalism/funny way...i think that would be a pretty good idea..

Rooster
08-08-2002, 09:34 PM
Vandals damaged other homes in the development; concrete was poured down the drains of another home. Security guards have been hired by Jayman Master Builder.

Well somebody needs to do something about this. Communities can not tolerate this type of vandalism. There is only one solution,

the sale of concrete is now banned.

Mossman
08-08-2002, 11:01 PM
LOL, not funny, but it musta been some gun to break oak railings. Probaby a cocker, those things shoot a DAMN HARD 300fps man.

RetroEclipseMan
08-09-2002, 03:56 AM
I hate it when paintball gets a lot of bad exposure due to a few people doing stupid things. I agree that channels like espn or something should cover tournys or something along that line so that people understand what paintballing is all about and not just know it as something that people do to hurt each other or vandalize things.It's the same thing with snowboarding. Everytime so stupid person ducks a rope and dies or gets hurt it gives the sport and people like me that do it a bad rap. It also makes it harder to go ride the backcountry of places.

1stdeadeye
08-09-2002, 05:30 AM
People who do these kinds of evil deeds with their markers are not real players. They are punks who believe that they are baove the law and can do whatever the he** they want.
These jerks deserve a very seriuos bunkering with many, many bonus balls!!