PDA

View Full Version : Paper Cut takes 4th Place at the Cash Money Tournament in Zachary, LA!

a_malfunction
08-09-2002, 12:22 AM
My team, Paper Cut, went down to Zachary, Louisiana for a day of paintball on Saturday. The only thing I can complain about that day is the unexpected brush with the law, courtesy of the Lousiana State Police! I was only doing 78 in a 60.... Other cars were flying by me... :mad: but i digress... :) About the tourney...

It was smaller than usual due to a multitude of reasons.... Some people thought it was too hot to play... and man, was it hot! Heat indexes up into the hundreds! And some people didnt go because of the feild owner's behavior at the last tourney... Which I have heard conflicting reports of what really happened... Whatever the reasons that more teams didnt register, 9 teams did register and show up to play.

My team managed to make it through the prelims in 2nd place overall with 700 points out of a possible 800. Just 10 points behind the leaders the Machines.... not too shabby, if I do say so myself. In the semis, we dropped a spot, back down to 3rd. And in the finals, we just couldnt quite get our game together. We dropped another spot, ending up with 4th place overall. The guys on the podium were 2Xtreme in first, Machine in 2nd, and Fury with 3rd.

We only had a few small problems that day. First, My brother's revvy died on him. We think it is the motor, but we havent figured out what went wrong yet. It wont spin when the eye detects a gap, and it wont spin when the trigger is pulled (Its rigged for intellifeed with his intelliframe). I had brought an extra revvy just in case something happened. I had loaned it to a guy there who was playing with a Vl200 on top of an RT... I couldnt bear to watch it, so I had to help him out. But I had to take it back when my bro's hoppper died. The other problem we had also delt with a hopper. I went to bunker the last guy left on Fury. We shot each other. I hit him on the leg and he hit me on the hopper lid; which promptly snapped off. :) I had to hurry up and take both my brother's already dead revvy and my damaged on apart. I took my brother's lid and put my loader back together just in time for the next game! I also had one problem with the Redz knee/shin padz that I had just gotten before the tourney. (Thanks Rynoboy06!!) I couldnt seem to stop my slides.... :) I slid a whole lot farther than I was used to. Twice I ended up sliding under the black out-of-bounds hose! (I was shot while making both runs, so I was out anyway) :) All in all, despite the heat, humidity, and mostly black uniforms, it wasnt a bad day of of paintball. I wish we woulda been able to pull it together and walk away with some money, ( I need it to pay for that ticket! :) but I'm pretty happy with our performance. With a bit more tournament experience under our belts, we'll definitely be taking home some prizes in the future!

Oh, and if anyone is wondering whether or not to get level 10, DO IT! My brother's level 10 kit saved him from a nasty mess when he had to go with a non-intellifed hopper. And quite a few people were amazed that my bolt was stopping on my finger... "I didnt think a mag could do that!"

Oh, and here is the link to the photo album (Our photographer, who was our back man's wife, wasnt the greatest, but she got some decent shots.) Check it out!

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4291514389&congratulation_page=Y

RetroEclipseMan
08-09-2002, 01:30 AM
Sounds like an eventfull day. Too bad about the ticket. I got busted for doing almost 60 in a 30 zone. Luckily I contested it and the judge bought my story and I only had to pay $45 to take a 4 hour defensive driving course and it's off my record now.Renton cops are the worst!!!!

Army
08-09-2002, 09:15 AM
Pics aren't bad at all, looks like you guys were teaming it well. Good job.

(it's funny how both you guys admit breaking the law, yet complain about the police..LOL:D )

NJ_agd47
08-09-2002, 09:39 AM
Nice pics. i looks like it was a fun day out on the field..goodjob

wes
08-09-2002, 11:35 AM
how far away is Zachary from batonrouge? my grandpa lives in baton rouge and i might go there when i visit... do they have a website or antyign?

a_malfunction
08-09-2002, 05:02 PM
Zachary is about 10 minutes north of baton rouge. Paintcheck's website is www.paintcheckonline.com.

And Army... I know I was wrong... but I can still complain about it! :)

wes
08-09-2002, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by a_malfunction
Zachary is about 10 minutes north of baton rouge. Paintcheck's website is www.paintcheckonline.com.

oh its paintcheck's, i was about to go there and get a barrel for my mag when my mom didnt order one :mad: but then i went to McM because it was closer :D

rehme
08-11-2002, 12:28 AM
sweet pics awesome rt