PDA

View Full Version : **** IAO Pics Thread ****

AGD
08-09-2002, 02:54 AM
Hello AO from the IAO!!

We are the buzz of the tournament with people dragging their friends over to see our L10 videos. The booth has been packed continuously since we got here and I have to tell you it feels good. We hands down have the nicest booth in the main tent and only the semi trucks out do us.

Here are some pics so we all can share!

two pics put together of the booth.

AGD
08-09-2002, 02:58 AM
Veronica has gone over very well. Other vendors were heard to say they need to get edgier.

Kaiser Bob
08-09-2002, 03:00 AM
Great to see Tom :) Looks like AGD is back on its way to being huge! :D

AGD
08-09-2002, 03:00 AM
Here is JJ in 7th heaven!

AGD
08-09-2002, 03:01 AM
here is BlackVCG living up to his name.

AGD
08-09-2002, 03:02 AM
our airfield!! Note the numbers on the bunkers, we were the only field to do this and the players liked it.

AGD
08-09-2002, 03:03 AM
more

JanStah
08-09-2002, 03:50 AM
More Please!

Jan.

PS. the last two are the same.

SlipknotX556
08-09-2002, 03:53 AM
Very good tom. Also tom how many Extremes have been sold?

Manuel_FZR
08-09-2002, 04:11 AM
Nice pics ... especially the idea with the numbers is great!

omg, I really need this XMag ... ;)

wyn1370
08-09-2002, 07:42 AM
So are the C&C's that are being sold come with the new black (alum) valve? All the pics I've seen so far have the old emag valves in them.

manike
08-09-2002, 07:53 AM
Booth looks great Tom!

I remember what you said at the World Cup and it really looks to have paid off.

What other video's are you showing? any that we haven't seen yet?

manike (who is just getting the stuff required to give 'Tongue demo' at STB this weekend... oh and level 10 ;) )

headcase
08-09-2002, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by wyn1370
So are the C&C's that are being sold come with the new black (alum) valve? All the pics I've seen so far have the old emag valves in them.

TK said that all the extremes being sold had the aluminum valve. Any of the pics at IAO of a complete marker(airsystem + barrel) I beleve have been of the original prototype marker that have been around for months.

headcase
08-09-2002, 08:24 AM
If you look at the picture of the booth there is an Extreme on the wall that looks to have the aluminum valve in it. It's really hard to tell. Unfortunatly in the pic of BlackVGC, his head blocks out the valve of the Extreme on the wall.

BTW TK everything looks great.

Pand0ra
08-09-2002, 09:42 AM
Nice. I know where I'll go next year for my holidays :)

@++

DiRTyBuNNy
08-09-2002, 10:38 AM
the booth pic is the wallpaper on my computer at my new job...hehehehehhehe...

cphilip
08-09-2002, 10:43 AM
All the C&C's have the new Aluminum (almost all of it anyway) Valve and it is anod black up to the front little section that is SS.

Coaster
08-09-2002, 11:14 AM
http://www.paintballchannel.com/photos/cgi-bin/imageFolio.cgi?direct=Tournaments/International_Amateur_Open/2002

halo13
08-09-2002, 11:27 AM
yay AGD got bunkers! Marketing city here we come!

I also like the numbers on the bunkers. Its better to yell out, "Number 9! Number 9!" than it is to yell "the triangle bong thing! triangle bong!"

Lone Gunman
08-09-2002, 11:58 AM
Did anyone else notice that the blue Extreme's barrel looks like it is severely bent upwards?

Nice pics Tom!

One more thing I noticed, why does JJ always get pictures taken with the ladies? Why can't I ever get a picture taken with Capo? :D

oldsoldier
08-09-2002, 12:07 PM
That is sweet! Wow, AGD is going off like a rocket! I hope that they get alot of press...gonna be kinda fun to watch everyone else play catchup. And now all the naysayers about AGD going out of business, that they cant compete, whatever, gotta eat their words!

felony
08-09-2002, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by oldsoldier
And now all the naysayers about AGD going out of business, that they cant compete, whatever, gotta eat their words!

hoot hoot

i agree completly and cant wait for it to happen.

i just wish i could afford a extreme
:mad:

its all good though.

one downside, for me anyways, is that mags will become really popular. i like watching newbie kids getting angels and cockers they cant fix, (not that i can, just saying though). now they will be getting extremes :D

hitech
08-09-2002, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by AGD
We are the buzz of the tournament with people dragging their friends over to see our L10 videos. The booth has been packed continuously since we got here and I have to tell you it feels good.

Sounds like the plan is working well. Glad to hear that lots of other people are excited about lvl 10 besides us here at AO. HAVE FUN! :D

VBmag87
08-09-2002, 06:46 PM
Thanks for the pics Tom,the booth looks great.

aaron_mag
08-09-2002, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by Lone Gunman
Did anyone else notice that the blue Extreme's barrel looks like it is severely bent upwards?

Astute observation:D

Numbered bunkers!!! Yes. Another simple and intelligent solution by AGD. Getting shot at is bad enough but having to think of a clever name for that odd shaped bunker he is hiding behind is worse.

It is obvious that this Level 10 thing is like a rocket. I went to my local store today to get the Retrovalve (to complement my Level 10 due to come Tuesday) and they were all out! They have had like three sitting in the glass case for eons. Obviously alot of players want to combine these two upgrades and make one killer semi. Now I have to wait until the next AGD shipment comes in! Oh well. It is good for AGD so I suppose I can wait <grumble>

AGD
08-10-2002, 01:46 AM
**** More updates ****

WE ARE SOLD OUT OF EXTREMES!! Yes!! Before we even get to the weekend we are sold out. Thanks to all the new Extreme owners that took them in the crappy white box and without manuals or anything. One customer was playing pump and left his new baby with us just to show off. He came only planning to spend 400 dollars and ended up with an Extreme, matching Warp and Halo PLUS a Flaline 4500!

AGD Pride WIN their first three games!!

AGD Lions WIN their first three games!!
I am starting another thread on this.

Watch for my interview on www.paintballchannel.com!

LOTS of people coming up and telling us how they loved their mags and only put them down because they broke less paint with other markers. They are really happy that they can get a L10 and make their babies sing again. We had number 202 Automag and number 220 Minimag here playing in the tourney even before they got L10 updates.

We sold out of all the L10 kits we brought and had to have another shippment sent in overnight. We might sell out of those too by the end of the event.

I came back with a disk of pics but as luck would have it the disk crapped out and I lost them all. I'll try for more tommorow at the dounut orgy.

AGD

DiRTyBuNNy
08-10-2002, 02:10 AM
what? like you thought those babies would last till the weekend...(as Alicia Silverstone said in Clueless) AS IF??!!! My question is...how many of the new Extreme owners are Mag Virgins? (or at least Born Again Maggots)

SlipknotX556
08-10-2002, 03:18 AM
w00t! Tom sold out of extremes. Tom did you reserve one for me?;) Cant wait for the pics tom.

Manuel_FZR
08-10-2002, 04:06 AM
*wuuuhhhhh* Xtreemes are sold out .... no one left for me :o :o
Great job AGD ... straight back to the top!!! And: more pics please ;)
btw: when will the new Xtreemes c&c (with all aluminium valve) be in production?

DiRTyBuNNy
08-10-2002, 04:17 AM
considering he just sold 11 of them...i'd say...after they get back from IAO...

hardr0ck68
08-10-2002, 09:26 AM
i was down there untill 3 on thursday....it was awsome there were so many people lookin at the extreams, and even the 12year olds could pick one up and walk the trigger. the agd guys are the best. the tech's even fixed other random gear that was brought to them because other venders wouldent or couldent. and spraying mango, havoc online, and capo's teams were ripping things up out there good job guys i wanna hear how the rest of your games went!! all the techs were cool, i spent hours lookin over there sholders in there way tryin to get a better understanding of mags...and they never complained and answered all my annoying questions :p thanks everyone!! i will deffinatly be at am open next year, and hopefully at cup later this year

CenterFire
08-10-2002, 11:29 AM
Hehe, nice catch there Black. I was wondering when someone would fix the spelling of your name :D

Looks like the AGD booth went well, only the future knows what's to come now...

Doobie
08-10-2002, 03:07 PM
Anyone got pics of Lions or Pride playing? Tom?

Oregon_pb_
08-10-2002, 06:59 PM
wow, this is turning out better for me all the time. I mean, uh, better for AGD!

hehe, i was telling everyone i knew about AGD and there new stuff on the way, they just brushed it off, till now. Now there saying that looks awsome, and maybe have to buy one. lol

Riotz
08-10-2002, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by AGD
One customer was playing pump and left his new baby with us just to show off. He came only planning to spend 400 dollars and ended up with an Extreme, matching Warp and Halo PLUS a Flaline 4500!

Why do I have a funny feeling that this "customer" was SprayingMango, hehe :p

Muzikman
08-11-2002, 12:06 PM
No, it was Oded (AKA: Moogy, Vegetable, WonderPug). I don't think he is on AO, but I am sure he will be now.

WARPED1
08-11-2002, 01:41 PM
Is there any performance diffs in the extreme?Or is it all just pretty add ons?(milling anno).I read the valve was aluminum now,but that was never an issue to me.

Havoc_online
08-11-2002, 07:32 PM
sorry Tom, too good of a pic:p. I must say, he's fun to hang out with....

SlipknotX556
08-11-2002, 07:33 PM
LOL!

Havoc_online
08-11-2002, 07:34 PM
AGD Lions, AGD Pride and the BMX dudes that put on a great show for everyone

Havoc_online
08-11-2002, 07:36 PM
A shot of Tom's tech class, it was great to see so many ppl in Awww...

Havoc_online
08-11-2002, 07:40 PM
to give you a better idea of the Xball field. In a game of U.S.A. vs. Germany, U.S.A. had three men in the penalty box and played 2 vs. 4 (germany had one penalty). less than 2mins later, Germany threw in the towel:). The U.S. team just rocked.

spacemanspiff
08-11-2002, 08:45 PM
What an awsome time I got a lot of pics to download tommorow(to tired tonight:rolleyes:rolleyes: ) Plus a lot of great stories but those will come out in good time:D All the AGD guys are great and the booth was rocking every single day.

TRIAD
08-11-2002, 08:56 PM
Well, I was there for some of Saturdays games and most of Sundays. I watched the whole finals, and let me say, it rocked.

Now, I think the Russian team needs to work on their anger and playing with less guys. If anyone saw the game, an American bunkered a Russian at the back stand-up, and the Russian then proceeded to LIGHT UP the American, who had the good sportmanship to stay calm and take it. When I say light up, I mean like 20 shots at 5 feet, and the Russian got 5 minutes for that one.

That's when their game started to go downhill, they lost one other player to penalties, then another, and one of their guys came in from the box too early. They played like 1/4 of the games 3 v 5.

I believe that since they practice together a lot, they are used to playing 5 man, and when they only had 3, they really couldn't coordinate. The U.S. team was hand-picked and thus they knew how to work independently and probably prepared for it. But man, the U.S. WOMPED when the Russians played down, and the Americans won most of their games when they had the advantage.

All I watched was X-ball, and let me say it's rather spectator-friendly. I watched one regular game, but the refs were so bad and deaf, and one player wiped, so I just went back to X-ball.

Mango
08-12-2002, 09:22 AM
Hehehe Riotz, it wasent me for once. But I did manage to get this!!! :) :)

http://teamblackcell.com/sprayingmango/sideOne.JPG

http://teamblackcell.com/sprayingmango/sideTwo.JPG

Read that serial number and weep my friends!!!

I have to rant for a moment: AGD is the best company in paintball!! PERIOD! The fact that they let us AO members come and help, and that Tom trusted us enough to let us interact with customers, is just mind blowing. Tom is an amazing person, Jon Comprado is like a brother I never knew I had, and all the techs are just GREAT people! (Hoover is a little strange but... ;) just messin bro!! ) Tom definetly makes sure he is surrounded by the right people, because he understands that a company is only as strong as it's weakest link. Well, I don't see any in Airgun Designs or in the satellite techs. They worked on every customers marker as if it was thier own. They were never too busy to answer any stupid questions I had or that anyone else had for that matter.

I hope to be able to be a part of another AGD booth and lend a helping hand!

Tom: thanks again for an experience that I will never forget, I will forever be loyal to AGD!!!! :D

wyn1370
08-12-2002, 09:28 AM
mango, you stink. I'm still waiting for my C&C to show up. Did you get a chance to play with it yet? How do you like the new on/off? What type of barrel did tom end up deciding on?

Mango
08-12-2002, 09:34 AM
I set it up last night and it works great, but I havent put any paint through it. The level 10 is SO soft. It's the softest one I've felt yet. And I shot/felt almost all the ones at IAO at our booth.

They havent decided on a barrel yet to my knowledge. They are still discussing options.

Today my mission is to drill my revvy so the warp hose dosent go in a huge loop, and to get some stainless hose cause right now there is macroline on there and that stuff scares me.

wyn1370
08-12-2002, 09:37 AM
Actually I meant what type of barrel did they have with the ones at IAO, or did they not include one?
Is that a blue warp on yours? Cause it looks purple.
almost forgot, how's the ACE look?

Mango
08-12-2002, 09:40 AM
They dident include one, but when you register the marker they will make a note and send one out when they decide on one. The Ace is really cool, it's right on the bottom of the breech, I'll take a pic and post it in a minute. The warp is purple!!! :p

Mango
08-12-2002, 09:49 AM
http://www.teamblackcell.com/sprayingmango/ace.JPG

Thats the ace eye, one side is emitter, one side reciever. The stalk has an o-ring around it that seals the top from the rest of the pcb board underneath. So in case you did somehow chop nothing would get damaged. :D

Thordic
08-12-2002, 09:50 AM
JT, you turdnugget, if you use Parker Parflex, you will have 0 (thats ZERO, or NONE) problems with it. The ONLY problem I had was when I f'ed up my reg and put about 1500 PSI through the hose.

And you know what? I got a little bruise on my hand. Boo hoo :) It wouldn't have been an issue in a game anyway because it blew as soon as I turned the air on.

So use use macro, its the best :) Whats the point of saving 3 oz in an aluminum valve when you are adding 5 ounces of SS hose and fittings?

Thordic
08-12-2002, 09:54 AM
http://teamblackcell.com/sprayingmango/bunnyears.jpg

If people can post pictures of me "re-adjusting" myself 3 billion times, this picture must be shown to the public. :)

DiRTyBuNNy
08-12-2002, 10:06 AM
how come he looks like Stifler from American Pie to me?

manike
08-12-2002, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by DiRTyBuNNy

I have a friend who is the spitting image of stiffler... in fact that's his nick name...

Here's some pics from last Years road trip to Newquay (surfing capital of the UK).

http://www.automags.org/~Manike/beachcallin01811.jpg

http://www.automags.org/~Manike/carlandcar01784.jpg

Mango, that gun looks almost as nice as mine :D

manike

Gecko
08-12-2002, 10:44 AM
how does the new on/off power switch work? Tom said it would require milling to retrofit to older guns... Any chance of a pic of the switch and how it's mounted? I saw the warpig pic and it wasn't very descriptive.
Gecko

Thordic
08-12-2002, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by DiRTyBuNNy

You know, my brother said that too when he met JT. I just don't see it...

Bad_Knees
08-12-2002, 11:00 AM
Manike,

What kind of car is that? MG? Aston?

manike
08-12-2002, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by Bad_Knees
Manike,

What kind of car is that? MG? Aston?

That's a Supersport MGF :) Carl works in Design and Concept for MG Rover. It was brand new, not even on sale yet, and we were in Newquay for 15 minutes before someone reversed into the front of it! :eek:

manike

Bad_Knees
08-12-2002, 11:20 AM
Mainke,

Sorry to hear that. Very nice design! I think it would help put MG back on the American market. Although the body tends to resemble that of the Z3 (just the body). Thanks for the info!

Riotz
08-12-2002, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by SprayingMango
Hehehe Riotz, it wasent me for once. But I did manage to get this!!! :) :)
:D
That is awesome JT!! Would you let me try it out? :p

Did spacemanspiff pick up that warp breech he wanted?

08-12-2002, 02:43 PM
http://www.speakeasy.org/~aaronw/IAOTeamSm.jpg

i am the guy in the cow suit

08-12-2002, 02:52 PM
http://www.speakeasy.org/~aaronw/PaintballCowSm.jpg

08-12-2002, 02:57 PM
http://www.speakeasy.org/~aaronw/IAOBreakSm.jpg

i am on the left, nerobro is on the right, wonderpug is in the background on the left.

Halliday
08-12-2002, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by TRIAD
I watched one regular game, but the refs were so bad and deaf, and one player wiped, so I just went back to X-ball.

This may be OT, but that is why I have very little interest in Tourney paintball.

spacemanspiff
08-12-2002, 06:36 PM
look what happens when ya follow JJ around with an extreme in hand.

spacemanspiff
08-12-2002, 06:38 PM
another

kevdupuis
08-12-2002, 09:40 PM
He wasn't thinking of bunkering Bud now, wasn,t he?

youm0nt
08-12-2002, 09:44 PM
nice pics,the last pic,the mag looks so small in his hands

magman007
08-12-2002, 09:47 PM
hey manike, my dad and I restore vintage mg's, we have a td and a tf currently. We had a b and sold it, and were lookin for an A. and i wouldnt mind one of those. what is the deal with mg? is it just some one using the name?

MikeCouves
08-13-2002, 05:17 PM
Nice ride!! The publicity AGD is getting out of all this is azazing! Everyone knows about Level 10. Those videos help so much too. As for the numbered bunkers, we used to do that around here, spray paint all the bunkers with numbers, good to see a large company showing how well it works. The Xtreme's look nice!

Long live AGD!!

Jack & Coke
08-15-2002, 06:35 PM
;)

Jack & Coke
08-15-2002, 06:54 PM

dansim
08-15-2002, 07:52 PM
okay now its gettin a lil old

Jack & Coke
08-15-2002, 08:48 PM
ok... no more photoshop fun for this forum.:mad:

manike
08-16-2002, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by Jack &amp; Coke
ok... no more photoshop fun for this forum.:mad:

Hey many of us were enjoying them :)

Always one spoil sport huh Dansim :eek: ;)

manike

dansim
08-16-2002, 08:02 AM
what does teh one pic above the windows error have to do with anything i mean wow toms head with ballons but what the point of the rest?

manike
08-16-2002, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by dansim
what does teh one pic above the windows error have to do with anything i mean wow toms head with ballons but what the point of the rest?

Entertainment.

Using the new pics from IAO to make people laugh. If you don't want to see them or be entertained by them you don't have to...

I was finding some of them quite amusing with a different slant on things.

manike

wyn1370
08-16-2002, 08:13 AM
yep don't give up J&C keep em comming. I still laugh everytime I look at the godzilla one.

Mango
08-16-2002, 08:43 AM
Yes many of us were still enjoying them.
Jack & Coke, don't stop just cause of what dansim said. Stop when you want to. I love them!! :p

dansim
08-16-2002, 09:00 AM
il admit the godzilla one was funny, and tilting buds head but why make em launching in mud where there half as big as the women in it and why cut peoples legs in half to make cap taller and why oh why put tomes head on that bent guy, its just not funny

Mango
08-16-2002, 09:20 AM
It's funny to me, and I'm sure to lots of other people. Just because you don't find it funny, dosent mean other people don't. :rolleyes: :confused:

Jack & Coke
08-16-2002, 10:46 AM
Thanks for the support guys... I thought I wore out my welcome here.

I've made a few photoshop parodies... if I look at one I've made and it busts my gut, then I feel like sharing it.

dansim - What I may find funny and silly may not cut it for someone else like yourself. If I make something and you don't think it's funny, I'm sorry, but that's how the empty space between my ears works.

Would you feel it more appropiate if I created my own thread in the Friendly Corner forum? This way you could avoid wasting your bandwidth on my "non-funny" photoshop parodies?

wyn1370
08-16-2002, 11:42 AM
You might want to do it so we don't have to search every one of your posts for funny pictures. Would make it easier on those of us who really enjoy them. I'm glad you came over from PBN, since I can't get there anymore at least I can see some of your creations.

Bad_Knees
08-16-2002, 12:07 PM
I agree with Wyn! Jack if you could put all your work in a new thread and hope others will follow suit. BTW Those were some great pics!

Mango
08-16-2002, 02:16 PM
Yeah!! Lets hear it for the Jack & Coke fan club!!! :) I dident know you came over from PBN!! Thanks for coming, we definetly appreciate it and please hang around. GROUP HUG!!!! http://atypically.net/smilies/redroll.gif

Jack & Coke
08-16-2002, 05:10 PM
ok... it's done:p