08-09-2002, 09:02 AM
Last one! sorry for those 56k users:rolleyes:

FeelTheRT
08-09-2002, 09:07 AM
those trigger frame makes them look like Shockers :rolleyes:

AutoMaggot
08-09-2002, 09:09 AM
*shaking head with disgust*

WHY DID I HAVE TO BUY ANOTHER COCKER!?! WWWHHHYYYYY!!!???!!

freek133
08-09-2002, 09:09 AM
I dont know why, maybe the trigger, but they are taking on a shocker look to me... anybody else think that?

.../\ I guess someone else thougth that...

NJ_agd47
08-09-2002, 09:21 AM
ya i agree does make it look lkike a shocker a little bit more...personally i like te red :) petty good but i would rather buy a mag....just my style

Jeb_Hoge
08-09-2002, 09:21 AM
Oh, yuck...those guns do NOTHING for me. Ugly millwork, bad colors, weird gripframe, still got that hulking vertical MaxFlow, and...just yuck. :P Smart Parts must have done some serious rear-kissing to these custom shops that are spending all the time and effort on the Imps.

JanStah
08-09-2002, 09:36 AM
I am VERY impressed! That is some very intricate and complex milling! I think it looks GREAT!

My only problem is that the standard impulse front reg mount is FUGLY! and coupled with a BIG FAT Max Flow as a fore-grip (like in the top pic) it looks wrong. But then, a lot of impulses suffer from this (the Eclipse used to until they made the new FRM.)

Notice on the later pix, it looks like they're using a modified Angel Minireg as a foregrip... WhassupWithThat?

Anyway; I love the milling... Mmmmm

Jan.

Peanutt
08-09-2002, 09:37 AM
But u have to agree they do catch your eyes. especially that last picture with that bright green smart parts grip

Xen
08-09-2002, 09:38 AM
What do they do for you? What do you expect for a PB maker? Should it wash your dishes or take for you a night on the town? These will be very sucessful and they look good.

shartley
08-09-2002, 09:52 AM
I think some people are just too easily impressed. They still look like plastic toys for 5 year olds to me. This does not address any actual “usage” issues, or how good they may be… just what I think they look like. And honestly, when I see things on a shelf that is the first thing that I notice. I would not drive a car that looks like a toy even if it is fast, and because there are simply too many GOOD looking cars that will drive the same or better. ;) Same with markers for me. :D

But to each their own.... ;)

irbodden
08-09-2002, 09:59 AM
Those will be KILLER markers. Not a fan of the fruity colours, but the milling is great.

Performance wise, those guns will be beasts.

Patron God of Pirates
08-09-2002, 10:01 AM
I don't like the looks of any "stacked tube" type markers. Mill it and anno it all you want, it still looks silly.

RTMAGBOY13
08-09-2002, 10:56 AM
i admit at first those things looked fugly but now they dotn look to bad actually

halo13
08-09-2002, 11:29 AM
I likes me da I-frames... or I-frame look alike.

I'm not a big fan of the milling on those Impulses, I do like the milling they do on their angels though.

Mossman
08-09-2002, 11:53 AM
I LOVE EM!!!

'Specially the green to black and the purple. MMMMMM

TRIAD
08-09-2002, 12:06 PM
Impules....Morphing....Into.....SHOCKER AHH!!!

What's up with that, each day it gets closer and closer to being a shocker.

InfinatyBPS
08-09-2002, 12:13 PM
I'm sure they're great and everything but they look like a shocker to me... Not sure why, kinda looks like they moved the grip part of the frame too much forward. And the milling... welll... ya... And it will probably cost $1000+ So If I get an impy I will stick with a Nasty or something...

CenterFire
08-09-2002, 12:51 PM
The ones with the angel reg look nice if you ask me :D

TRIAD
08-09-2002, 02:24 PM
(fast voice) A 1000+ dollar gun with extreme milling everywhere, including reg, awesome colors either very reflective or dull like teflon, amazing fades, freak barrel, vert feed, ultra fast (slow) with a duckbill bottom line, WOOT, WOOT

Okay, where am I gonna find a drop/cradle/bl that will match those colors, PUT ONE ON THERE CHEAP SP's people

magsRus
08-09-2002, 03:28 PM
Smart Parts and all other companies that are making custom impulses are not trying to make the impulses look more and perform more like the shocker...why would they do that when smart parts is coming out with a gun that has the same body design and lightness as an impulse but has a closed bolt design of a shocker.

ElementEclipse
08-09-2002, 04:36 PM
the reason it looks like s shocker is because of the I-frame. it is worht it though, the I-Frame is amazing. It has zero side to side play and the trigger is insanely adjustable. Those look sweet, and they are gonna be devastating on the field.

magsRus
08-09-2002, 08:38 PM
thats not an I-frame buddy its a specially made frame that adrealin designed

Ov3rmind
08-09-2002, 09:11 PM
I must say, that looks very nice. If I had the money, I might even get one.

RusskiX
08-09-2002, 09:38 PM
I love the aggressive milling! Its got that Ripper look. I would normally agree with PGOP, that stacked tube designs are inherently ugly and boxy, but the milling distracted me from the body shape. Its definately dead sexy compared to other impulses I've seen, 'cept for maybe the Rat.

speedballbanks
08-09-2002, 09:44 PM
http://www.automags.org/forums/images/icons/icon13.gif i dislike smart parts gun's.

j.t.
08-09-2002, 10:07 PM
Looks like someone just went for it on the milling. I dont see much or a theme at all. Just some squiggly lines here, and some spiral like milling there, and some lettering there... not very tasteful looking IMO.

I dont like the colors either. They are very plain. I like to see some unique colors thrown in there.

:(

TRIAD
08-09-2002, 10:12 PM
there's no overall theme to the milling. Like on the angels, there's the curvy, smooth lines, I like that, with the trigger frame curved in to match the breech, that looks nice. But this gun looks like a different person got to design each section how they wanted it. Yeah, get some cool colors, but I like those, pretty unique, but some of those acid washes or a red, white, blue fade, triple colors RULE, or like a top-to-bottom. Something unique. You can't expect someone to spend that much money for colors they can get on an emag, which is a better gun, or an angel, and have crappy milling. I like it, but for the money there're probably better choices, gotta see the performance tho.

CRiZO
08-09-2002, 10:15 PM
I don't get it, yall are calling it ugly because it's milled and stuff... it's like trying to make something look good offends you.. and complaints about color... I hope you aren't serious... you know they make them in every color there is, aurora too, hell most of yall shoot gray tubes, so I'm confused why you're so picky.. (btw, yes, I shoot a mag also, so don't get up all on me because I stated my opinion) I think they're sexay

Cliffio
08-10-2002, 01:18 AM
its not even original milling

its just the the angel milling on the adrenalins, the milling thats in front of the feed tube, just a little longer, its basically the same and i can see the similar pattern

if you ask me, they should'a stuck with an ir3 adrenalin, they will NEVER have the same amount of success as they had with the angel

no way, the impulse is too similar to a shocker, bushy, timmy, and all those other guns, one of the great things about the adrenalin angel was the fact that it WAS an angel, i just dont think there is any way they can compete with all the other kind of impulses especially when they will cost less, now i realize that there are multiple angels, but when you think about it, thats not really true cobra, impact, warped sportz, and wdp angels and only cobra, adrenalin, impact and warped had extreme milling as well as warranties

i just dont think it was smart to switch from angels to impulses

Cliff

j.t.
08-10-2002, 09:42 AM
Sure, I shoot a chrome tube, but my chrome tube only cost me $300.

If I was going to pay as much as they are probably going to ask for that impulse, I would be that picky.