PDA

View Full Version : rt valve pt

paintball_mag
08-09-2002, 12:25 PM
I cant unscrew the top of my power tube ive tried with a nickel and it wont budge its causing me physical harm anyone got any ideas?

@TheOne@
08-09-2002, 02:37 PM
Well Paintball is like manythings.... You throw more money into it and it just gets better. (That does not include honda civics... EWW) Try a quarter... And if that doesnt work find something that has a flat edge and will fit into that slot that is longer then a coin so u have more leverage

Spudchucker
08-09-2002, 02:59 PM
tightly wrap some cloth around the tip and use a wrench. If you have enough cloth wrapped up, it should catch and loosen

cwuchu
08-09-2002, 04:06 PM
I had the same exact problem before. What worked was using the coin AND pliers at the same time (use the pliers to turn the coin). It worked like a charm and unscrewed very quickly. I give thanks to whoever posted that tip before, as it was not my original idea.

Telefragged
08-09-2002, 05:06 PM
I think AGD likes to make sure nothing's going to come off. Blue Loc-Tite was used on the bottomline screws, sight rail and foregrip mount screws, barrel muzzle brake, etc. My PT tip won't budge either, its probably got a daub of some sealing/locking compound on it. Try a cloth-wrapped wrench, or heat it up a BIT with a lighter before trying to unscrew it.

cwuchu
08-10-2002, 10:38 AM
AGD wouldn't (and doesn't) use loctite on the pt tip since it has an o-ring on it (that's what's holding it on so tight). Heating the tip wouldn't be a good idea for the o-ring would probably melt and create a mess.

paintball_mag
08-11-2002, 12:57 AM
about 5 min after i posted that i got it off using my pocket knife your right i needed more leverage but it sure was a pain in the ***.

Yanto90986
08-12-2002, 01:51 AM
my mag is LVL and the power tube assembly isn't removable, what do i do if i run into problems? will i run into them?

Yanto90986
08-12-2002, 01:52 AM
ACK i meant LVL7

virus
08-12-2002, 05:51 AM
Originally posted by Yanto90986
my mag is LVL 7 and the power tube assembly isn't removable, what do i do if i run into problems? will i run into them?

the powertube itself is welded onto the airchamber.... the brass tip of the power tube comes off all you need is a nickel and lately a wrencd to grab the nickel with for extra leverage....
http://store.airgun.com/agdprod/images/parts/power_tube_tip_xlg.jpg

if you look at the top right of the tip in this pic you should see the makings of a groove on the side you cant really see.... thats the slot the nickel goes into

PyRo
08-12-2002, 07:24 AM
Put in the nickle (if you have an old sear that will fit even better, don't use a new one cause it will probably get bent or otherwise messed up a bit) hold the valve in your hand, and grab the coin with pliers and turn it. That should get it out. You could also try putting the coin in a vice and then putting the valve on it and twisting. I wouldn't put the valve in the vice if I were you though :)