PDA

View Full Version : running a cocker w/o a inline reg

Polishpickles451
08-09-2002, 12:28 PM
has anyone tried running a cocker w/ an adjustable tank only. I have a flatline and the stock inline reg. Wouldn't it be just as consistent w/ just the flatline and a gas through grip?

anyone who has this setup - how does it work w/ respect to consistency, etc. ?

Telefragged
08-09-2002, 05:12 PM
I've heard of people doing it with Max-Flow's, but not Flatlines. I though Flatlines didn't operate as well below 700psi either? If you want to try it, it might work, there might not be a great difference though.

mike e
08-09-2002, 07:55 PM
thats absolutly fine. some words of advice though, keep your input pressure relatively high to help recharge rate, im not familiar with how fast the flatlines are, but to be honest, i doubt many are so fast on a cocker as to make it much of a problem. your gun will be more then fine without the inline reg, hell ive seen fixed output tanks and even co2 ran straight into cockers and it worked fine, regs help yes, but no they arent necessary, furthermore a common misconception is that you need one or you'll blow the pnuematic reg, not true, on docs machine there was a post that rated the ANS jackhammer 2 at a 1000psi input and it still worked fine. you may want to consider a gas through grip though just so you have something to hold onto