PDA

View Full Version : Anyone knows of a place to rehydro in so cal

foOlio
08-09-2002, 12:46 PM
got an old air america apocalypse tank that needs to be rehydro. anyone know of a place to go in the loas angeles area?

Greg98
08-09-2002, 12:56 PM
i can't name a place, but you can either phone up a dive shop in your area, and some of them may do it, or at least point you in the right direction to a company that can. or you can look up hydrostatic testing in the yellow pages (or maybe "tanks" or just "dive supplies") and locate some places. in a city as big as LA (been there a couple times btw, cool place) there should be alot of places for hydrotesting

ps- i just remembered that places that service fire extinguishers almost always can hydro test tanks, just atip

K-villeplayer
08-09-2002, 08:02 PM
If you go to this site: http://hazmat.dot.gov/files/approvals/hydro/hydro_retesters.htm they have listings of all of the authorized hydro testers and what they are authorized for. Diff types of tanks and what not. It should have the info you need and is easy to use and find places.

foOlio
08-09-2002, 08:03 PM
Thanks!!:D :confused: what class are the nitro tanks used for paintball?

K-villeplayer
08-09-2002, 08:16 PM
I am not postitive, but I think in there listings, it would be the Industrial. I think it is B or one of teh first 2 on their list (the list that is on the last page that is). High pressure is what Industrial covers so that should be paintball tanks.

rehme
08-11-2002, 12:30 AM
a local fire dept. might do it mine dont but you take it to them and they ship it to salina ks

joeyjoe367
08-11-2002, 01:30 AM
call up your local scuba or dive shop. they can usually direct you to a place that can hydro a tank.

I actually also re-hydroed an apoc. tank. I ended up taking it to a place that does recharges on fire extinguishers.

go figure. :D