PDA

View Full Version : AGD Teams at the IAO

Patron God of Pirates
08-09-2002, 03:25 PM
AGD Edit:

I am editing this thread so the main info is on top.

Both AGD Pride and AGD Lions ROCKED all day!! No technical problems and only a few barrel breaks using Hellfire in tourney conditions. They did get their first official chop since installing the L10 kits. A bounce test showed that the paint was highly variable from 0-10 bounce.

Pride tired a brand new technique never used in a tourney before. It's called the AGD Launch and has proved highly effective. All teams just run out from the start box to their positions so the fastest guys are chosen to hit the 50 yard bunkers. The faster they are the less chance of being hit. Two steps is the difference between a fast and a slow front guy. In order to insure that our guys make the bunkers we want first we are now "launching" our front guys out of the box.

A right and left handed back player grabs the arms of the front guy with their free hands. The front guy crouches down with his marker between his legs touching the rear wall. At the horn the back players heave the front guy forward with all their might as they swing their markers into postition to shoot the lanes. This is a single motion for the back players and does not slow them down. The front guy is at top speed on the first step and in some cases is flying through the air for the first few feet. The front guy is TWO STEPS faster to the fifty with the AGD Launch.

Now for the good story! We were standing around talking about what we were going to do in Prides last game. We were going to send two guys to the standup in the middle (at the 50)and use the warps to lay down and shoot upside down through the small hole in the bottom formed by the wedge up against the standup. The plan was to send two guys so no matter which side the other team went on Pride would for sure get the kill.

As it turns out the other team was standing right behind us listenting to the WHOLE THING!! AUGHH!! (stupid us) Pride did a DUAL Launch and both Todd and Skirts slid into position well before the other team and setup in the cracks. The OTHER team knowing what we were up to didn't go to the standup but their front man stopped short and layed down behind the end of the cheese wedge. (The center standup had 4 cheese wedges and the opposing player was layin at the end of the one pointing to his dead box)

Safe he wasn't as BOTH Todd and Skirts opened up on him one shooting his feet as the other pounded his head!! Plan "A" foiled by plan "B" foiled by upsided down shooting Emags!! While I watched the game go down I couldn't figure out why the guy just got up and walked to the dead box for no apparent reason!

Both Lions and Pride cruised through decisive wins all day so lets root them on to a win tommorow!!

AGD

WARPIG 7 Man scoreboard (http://www.warpig.com/paintball/tournament/iao/2002/7man.shtml)

Looking good after game 1.

spazzed
08-09-2002, 03:55 PM
If any of you guys from Pride or Lions happen to be floating around (why?!) Doin' Great & Good Luck!

RTMAGBOY13
08-09-2002, 04:21 PM
GO AGD YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

dmonahan
08-09-2002, 05:01 PM
3 games now and their rocking. 100,99,99!! Very cool

Telefragged
08-09-2002, 05:33 PM
:D :D

FrAuStY
08-09-2002, 05:47 PM
AS said before..without the voice (Waterboy) -waterboy voice- You can dooooit!!! -/waterboy voice-

1stdeadeye
08-09-2002, 07:24 PM
GO AGD!!!
:D

After 3 games, they are leading the whole thing!!!!

magking1971
08-09-2002, 07:41 PM
GO LIONS AND PRIDE!!! BOOOYAAAAHH!!

Bunny
08-09-2002, 07:45 PM
i wonder if lions or pride wins....would tom take them out for pizza and celebrate

FeelTheRT
08-09-2002, 10:07 PM
the Lions maxed out the Brass Eagle All Stars :( Those guys are my favorite Am team. But looks like the new AGD teams are heading off to a good start

hubadlatimmy
08-09-2002, 10:13 PM
WOOT go AGD lets all cross our fingers and toes and hope the lions win.

Scooter/Cootie
08-10-2002, 11:21 AM
Go Pride! Wish I could be there. :( I'll give ya'll a ring later tonight. Keep it up! :cool:

hubadlatimmy
08-10-2002, 11:26 AM
ouch they dropped game 5 pretty bad, didnt want to be the bearer of bad new but this could definately come back to haunt them.

paintslinger
08-10-2002, 01:08 PM
yea they did get raped pretty badly on game 5 (agd pride) but they are still in the running and just need to start maxin'and still get a solid finish. but agd lions WOOOOOOOOOOO keep goin boys. BOTH OF U TEAMS CAN DO IT!!! GO AGD!!

bigsarge72
08-10-2002, 02:10 PM
AGD Pride had a rough last couple of games, but AGD Lions are ranked 1st going into the semis. :D
Way to go team!

Doobie
08-10-2002, 03:13 PM
WhooHoo! We got to get some game pics up here. Especialy this "Launch" thing. I want to see a video of that!
:)

Sinnet
08-11-2002, 09:29 AM
the launch thing sounds really cool... but... where is the front man's marker while he's being launched? I'd think it would fall out from between his legs.

Army
08-11-2002, 12:54 PM
AARGH! Blown out in the semi finals!

You guys did great. For your first BIG tourney, you showed that 'Mags can compete, and are all that for tourney level play. You proved the Level 10 is viable and is the technology to emulate.

HOOAH for AGD-Pride!

HOOAH for AGD-Lions!

You have brought back AGD to tourney play in a huge way....and this is only the beginning.

magking1971
08-11-2002, 03:12 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!>sobs<

Havoc_online
08-11-2002, 06:36 PM
s.p.o.r.e.s. were shooting lvl 10 mags and won 3man man Am.

we (AGD Crew) could have done a little better but I guess were ok for our first time meeting(Capo and I meeting Allen(chupas2 AGD pride) we finished second in our divison(long story but I think it was one bad call that messed things up for us) but didnt make wildcard for the semi's, we did get a lot of compliments though.....

bigsarge72
08-12-2002, 02:19 PM
Hey, great job Lions, you guys were just missing one critical element....
ME! :D

SteveD
08-12-2002, 04:10 PM
Thanks for the props, guys. We appreciate your support. It was good to meet some of you there. We breezed through the prelims but dropped two critical games in the semi's to leave us with a 5th place. We can't place blame on the guns for this 'cause we had the best guns available (E-Mags w/LX). We just got outfoxed in a couple games when we needed them. We'll have to make this up at the world cup 10 man am.

SteveD
AGD Lions
Airgun Designs, J&J Barrels, Diablo Paint & National Paintball Supply

p.s. Thanks, TK, for your support. The guns rocked, as you saw, and they handled that Hellfire paint beautifully.

Chupas2
08-12-2002, 04:10 PM
Nice to see people talking about the launch. A little correction though. Emo and I are the ones that got launched and went to the cheese wedges and shot a few people from the holes. As for the launch, it is a crazy feeling when you here GO, GO, GO and you are in the air then running full speed.

Jonno06
08-13-2002, 02:26 PM
good job and better luck next time guys

hopefully ill have the pleasure of watching you guys win the WC!!!!1