PDA

View Full Version : Family businesses

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
08-09-2002, 05:26 PM
Who here has a family run business.

My family is about to open a quizno's!!!!

EDIT : I also have my own 3rd party trading business (as if you guys didn't know) :p

personman
08-09-2002, 06:05 PM
My dad owns his own business if that counts, my family doesnt really participate in his buisness exept for my little brother, and I occasionally help out..

AllAmericanMag
08-10-2002, 05:38 PM
Can you send sandwiches out with the 3rd Part trades??? If so.....:D:D:D

rhetor22
08-10-2002, 05:44 PM
hey good luck coffee!

that'll be some hard work but if you run it well it should pay off.

My dad owns a construction business and i work for him in the summer when i'm out of school.

Snewk
08-10-2002, 08:23 PM
My uncle owns his own blacksmithing shop in Iowa. He did all the metal work for the movie Amistad and met Steven Spielberg in person for it. Also he makes his own firearms, like black powder rifles and he even made a civil war-era gatling gun that works %100.

K-villeplayer
08-10-2002, 08:41 PM
My dad has tossed around a few ideas and is now trying to get a nursery started. No not a baby nursery, but one for plants and what not. He also wants to have some stone work and stuff there too.

He used to co-own one but had some "problems" with his partner and sold his share of the business for some $$$$ and the land we now have our house on.

WickeDKlowN
08-10-2002, 09:59 PM
My dad owns his business, hes a Painting Contractor.

magman007
08-10-2002, 10:25 PM
my dad is retired, there fore his business is Couch sitting ltd. lol, he used to own a very profitable floral shop. Then we sold out to wawa for a large chunk of change just for the land. He says he wasnts to get back into teaching tho.

Cliffio
08-11-2002, 03:20 AM
my father ownes 4 McDonalds

he is in the process of selling all of them so he can sit on his can most of the day and work on all 9 of his vintage cars, wish i could sit around and do that:)

on a side note, with the title of this thread being family, ill go ahead and share

Uncle #1
3 McDonalds stores in Central Illinois

Unlce #2
5 McDonalds stores in Kansas

Aunt #1
1 McDonalds store in Kansas

just thought i would share
a whole family of owners:)
but my dad was first to get his, in 1980

Cliff

nic m85
08-11-2002, 01:23 PM
My brother is starting up a custom car shop.

I also work at a family owned korean restraunt. While they aren't my blood relatives, they consider me to be part of their family. I'm like the little white son they could never have.

spazzed
08-11-2002, 02:09 PM
Mmmm.... quizno's.....