PDA

View Full Version : tank help...

TXStorm
08-09-2002, 09:01 PM
ok, heres the deal. my iframe didnt arrive today and i have a team tryout tomorrow so i was gona use my backup spyder. well i started to screw my tank into my verticle adapter(vert asa that foregrip screws into) and it started to get really tight and the pin wasnt engaging. so then i started to unscrew the bottle(i was turning on it really hard, i just bought this 68/45 about 3 weeks ago used, it is a pmi reg on a carleton bottle) and my bottle starts to unscrew from my tank reg... so i bring it inside and i take the asa off the gun. now i have to be really careful because there is 7/8ths of a whole fill in the tank... well i cant get the valve out of the asa. im about to go to albertsons and get one of those circular rubber things that people use for cans and try to get the valve out with some pliers.. if that doesnt work then in a couple days im gonna go up to sears and get one of those rubber wrenches. can anyone help me? i didnt put this in the tech forum because it isnt related to AM's... here is a pic incase you didnt get it.. thanks alot

speedballbanks
08-09-2002, 10:02 PM
put the reg in a vice wrapped in a towel and grab the other thing with pliers with a towel wrapped around it and turn as hard as you can. it sound's like it just ot put on to far.

TXStorm
08-09-2002, 10:10 PM
yeah i was going to do that but i dont ahve anything to put between the pliers and the reg... like i said i was gonna use those rubber can opener things(i went to albertsons and they dont have them) but sunday i will try to use plastic gloves and if that doesnt work then i will get the rubber wrench. anyone else have ideas(BTW, luckily my teammate let me borrow his spyder xtra and spare small little 48 tank...)

Coaster
08-09-2002, 10:16 PM
Before you do any of this i would recommend tighting the reg. You see those two small allen holes on opposite sides of the tank, TIGHTEN THOSE before you try to unscrew anything else. It would also be a better idea to take this to an airsmith to do it, as they are TRAINED.

Coaster
08-09-2002, 10:19 PM
next time you try to unscrew a HPA system, i would recommend unscrewing via the reg itself, not turning the bottle.

TXStorm
08-10-2002, 07:27 PM
anybody else have something they'd like to say? after i get my tank off do i just empty it and then take it to someone and they will put loctite on it(or is there more to it than that)? and should i take it to an airsmith or pball store? i think most of the stores around my are run by idiots so i might just look in the phone book for an airsmith...

speedfreak233
08-10-2002, 07:59 PM
I think that the first thing you should do is bleed the air from the tank to insure that nothing catastrophic happens.

Bunny
08-10-2002, 08:21 PM
the unorthadox way is when u get the bottle off just put a shi load of red loctite on it:) but i would just take it to a airsmith to fix things....

rhetor22
08-10-2002, 08:41 PM
whichever way you go make sure you are very cautious please.

hpa tanks aren't a good thing to mess around with.