PDA

View Full Version : Is standard feed ok???

bigchap05
08-09-2002, 09:16 PM
I am thinking about buying standard feed automag. It was cut about to the length of a side feed cocker. Would this help or hurt the chopping/blowback issue. He said it helps but I want to make sure. Should I but it or look for a p/f mag? I know A level 10 would eliminate any of this but I am short on cash as it is. thanks for the help

TransMan
08-09-2002, 09:21 PM
i would try to find a PF there easier to put warps on too

bigchap05
08-09-2002, 09:30 PM
I wont be using a warp but thanks

subbeh
08-09-2002, 09:32 PM
I hate standard feed, my best friend's mag (which I have fixed and shot many many times) always chops the last couple balls in the hopper (blowback). It chops over about 5 or 6 balls per second. 5 or 6 is fast enough, sure, but sometimes when you snap shoot and quick pull twice you chop.

Go for power feed, or pick one up in the forums for 60 bucks or so.

Telefragged
08-09-2002, 09:33 PM
If you won't be using Level 10, Warp Feed, or some other force feeding loader, then spend the extra couple bucks and get a PF Mag. Even without a Warp or Level 10, learn the trigger, and you shouldn't have any problems chopping.

blackmag3
08-09-2002, 09:54 PM
sounds like your gettin it used. i say if it's a good enough deal go with it. standard in my opinion isn't as good as pf cause of blowback. but it is good enough to get you out on the feild and playing. if you don't like it you can always buy a pf or centerfeed body. might find a nice deal on just a used body.

bigchap05
08-09-2002, 10:32 PM
Its like 8 months old and its all in good condition
Yea I am getting it used with

s/f automag w/*
12" Dye boomstick
14" sp progressive
Dye double trigger frame
Dye stickies
Dye Double Trigger
bottomline
Parts kit

for $300

rikkter
08-10-2002, 12:37 AM
i'd say yes. get it.

the powerfeed is what its called. witht he standard it blows the balls back and sometimes chop balls like stated before. but witht he powerfeed it blows back but since its at a 90 degree angle, it bounces back off it self back into the breech.
faster feeding, less chops. or less feeding, more chops. take your pick

magsRus
08-10-2002, 10:27 AM
Well if your really not into paintball and only play like once every three months then get a standard feed. If not just spend a little more money and get a powerfeed you will really be happy that you did. But again if you rarely play the game then just get a standard feed.