PDA

View Full Version : can i...........

rehme
08-10-2002, 12:34 PM
can i take a vertical feed emag body and put it on my mini mag and take my barrel and take a drimal(sp) and make the barrel vertical

Potatoboy
08-10-2002, 12:45 PM
Yes. The round pin will fit into the rectangular rail slot, just not the other way around.

Jonno06
08-10-2002, 01:08 PM
so,u cant put the emag rail on the minimag?...but you can do the body?

im confused....

fearc7
08-10-2002, 01:21 PM
no dude he means rtp and emags have a circular pin intstead of the classic/minimag rectangular pin on the body and likewise on the body rail. The circular pin will fit inside the rectagular body rail one with no problem. However, the body of a minimag has the rectangular pin, and will not fit into the body rail of a RTP or emag. There, hope that helps.

Cristobal
08-10-2002, 01:43 PM
If you do a search for the "main body differences" thread it'll tell you all you want to know, including pictures about round verses square pegs and holes. You can make a minimag body fit on an rt-pro/emag rail buy grinding down the corners on the square peg so that it fits. Tunaman has done that to some, and the mini-emagnum that donggie is selling is the same way.

About converting a barrel to center feed: that's a little more complicated. It is not recommended to cut a new hole in the breach! The thing to do is to drill a new hole in the twist-lock slot so that when the twist-lock pin sits in this new hole it lines the breach up for center feed. You have to be carefull though because if you screw it up and don't get the hole aligned right you could ruin your barrel.

Talk to damageinc54 if you want to have this professionally done. He's a machinist and does conversions from left/right feed to centerfeed for a pretty reasonable price.