PDA

View Full Version : I was wondering if this would work?

Gotenks
08-10-2002, 12:43 PM
Hmm I thought about it, but I don't think it would work....

I'm talking about figure 2, since it has the other end, the pressure would hit both sides, and it wouldnt move at all, right?

sniper1rfa
08-10-2002, 02:15 PM
erm, whats it supposed to do?

if its a cocker ram (antichopish) then all you would need to do is make the rod real thick, reducing the surface area for the return stroke.

if its a standard electro ram, it would be more difficult. there was a thread about it at the tinkers guild a few years back (great minds think alike, tom...). :D

rhetor22
08-10-2002, 04:36 PM
nope, the second figure would not move.

you were right, the pressure would be pushing on either side of the rod, and therefore there is no acting force to move it.

Gotenks
08-10-2002, 07:15 PM
Yeah I was thinking it would not return, but you never know so I just asked.

I will insert a spring return, it would work just fine.

That isn't anything, its what a part in my design looks like, and before I build the prototype, im trying to figure out all the problems the paper design has before I go build one.

Problem #1 - solved

I will keep this thread tho incase I need to post anything else.

sniper1rfa
08-10-2002, 08:00 PM
if you want the it to keep goin past that hole, yeah, it will work fine. there is still pressure, it just happens to be flowing.

i still wanna know what its for though... :)

what i can think of is maybe timing another ram mechanically and reactivly (as soon as ram 1 reaches such and such a spot, ram 2 activates...).

Gotenks
08-10-2002, 10:19 PM
it isn't a ram for other guns..... its a "paresto stick" and its application is secret ;) What is drawn there is nothing of a paresto stick accept on how to move it, and the last thing I wanted to do is have to have used a separate ram just to make it less reliable and harder to strip.

But it's just kind of obvious what it's for.

:cool:

sniper1rfa
08-11-2002, 10:14 AM
im totally lost. :mad: :D

bryan
10-13-2002, 12:07 AM
come on...we need to know what this "paresto stick" is...or at least what class of thing it is

does it hurt peopele?