PDA

View Full Version : rt not rt - ying

magnj
08-10-2002, 02:24 PM
ok just got my retro i nthe mail and i put it in and set it all up ( with new sear) and i start ooting and it isnt bouncin like it should( ive shot others so i know) I dont know whats wrong ima follow the directions in that classic thread on cleaning the gun cuz people say it helped. but i dont know what to do. Is it my tank?

personman
08-10-2002, 03:16 PM
You might need to brake it in, Im not sure, but to make it more bouncy, turn up the air input.

magnj
08-10-2002, 03:42 PM
It's used but i dont know how much used u know. I took it apart and all the orings were pretty clean. I had my velocity adjuster up but my tank aint adjustable, that may be it. im getting a new one soon

personman
08-10-2002, 04:01 PM
ok, btw I have no clue if you need to break retros in or not, I was jusst guessing..
Its your tank, im 99% sure.
Get an adjustable tank and turn the output up to whatevver ur comfortable with.

Telefragged
08-10-2002, 10:45 PM
If you've got an adjustable, up the input pressure. They start to get decently reactive around 780-800, after that, its just preference for trigger feel.

[edit] Nevermind about the adjustable thing, but do you know what pressure your tank currently outputs into your marker? Its probably in the 750-800 area. ReTro's have slightly longert on/off's than RTP's and EMags to account for varying tolerances, so input pressure and trigger feel may differ from marker to marker.

a_malfunction
08-11-2002, 12:12 AM
Your On/off pin might be too long.

magnj
08-11-2002, 11:07 AM
alrte ima get the air america raptor rex 68 or 88/ 4500. I have a nitro duck 68/3000( wich is sometimes goofy so that is prob the problem. I followed the instructions i was talking about and oiled everything but i havent aired up yet. thanks for the help and ne more info would be appreciated.

Telefragged
08-11-2002, 12:00 PM
Just something to consider before you purchase a Raptor Rex, they don't have an on/off valve (neither does my Armageddon... pheb) and there's no output pressure guage. You can still turn off the tank by unscrewing the regulator nut until flow stops, or by utilizing a Pro-Connect. They also need a special mounting cradle, something like a DZII style mount. Benchmark makes Raptor cradles, see if you can find them.

PyRo
08-12-2002, 07:31 AM
A shorter on-off pin will make it more reactive. The ajustable tank will also allow you to ajust the reactivness. Also, the valve is NOT desinged to "run away", bounce of your finger and keep fireins without having to pull the trigger at all if that is what your trying to get.

magnj
08-12-2002, 02:24 PM
ok the on/ off is a centerflag. The kid i bought the vbalve from said i could trade him for the stock one i said ill find out. i like how simple this on off is though. I am aware of the probs with the raptor rex. Il prob put a gauge on like a gas thru or siumtin. ALso what does aa mean by armegeaodon( sp ) arm only on bottle. is this just the reg? I know the trigeer isnt made to run away but this dont bounce at all and there is def some serious leaking

PyRo
08-13-2002, 06:40 AM
You need to buy a stock on-off most likely. The RT on-off plays a big role in making it reactive, if you use a differant on-off you will loose alot of your reactiveness. There are NO aftermarket parts for the RT valve, you shouldn't ever even think about trying to put one in as all it will do is mess it up. There are aftermarket parts for the stock valve, they don't work either. As for the RT valve they don't even make aftermarket parts for it. The RT on-off pin goes from shorter at one end to longer at the other to make it more reactive. I highly doubt that this pin does that.
The on-off isn't desinged for this valve, which would explain the leaking. Call the kid up, and try to get the stock valve back. If you cannot you will need to buy one.

magnj
08-13-2002, 09:25 AM
alrite. But Im about to trade for a boo yaah. this will make a nice soft trigger rite. shud i still get the stock on off.

RT pRo AuToMaG
08-13-2002, 02:03 PM
YES!! you should never use aftermarket parts like that. it's extremely fast stock. only aftermarket accessories you should get is a new trigger frame and barrel.

magnj
08-13-2002, 02:37 PM
alrite. damn thats gonna be like another wekk without my gun workin. alrite so would the boo yaah be good u guys think?

BajaBoy
08-13-2002, 03:12 PM
hey magnj, pm me when your set up is done and tell me how it works.. (ill explain later lol)

magnj
08-13-2002, 04:32 PM
why Is it like not possible or sumtin. come on tell me man lol. now u got me worried.

the123
08-13-2002, 06:57 PM
boo-yah's really aren't worth using on an RT valve, you would get the same results from your standard AIR valve.
Get your stock On-Off back and make sure your pressure is good and high..and away you go...

magnj
08-13-2002, 07:45 PM
its a good deal though two grips and a drop for an e frame. I cant pass it up. It cant hurt...