PDA

View Full Version : Chill Factor takes 3rd in 5-man rookie!!

i-luv-my-rt
08-10-2002, 02:41 PM
Yup thats us!! We ripped it all week and plaed very well for not being together that long.

We only lost one game in our prelims to the people that won the division(Hardcore). We made it into the semi's and now wanted to make finals so bad.

In the semi's we lost our first game which really put us down and we thought we had no chance anymore. Well as a team we wanted to end the day on a good note. We went out on our second game and straight ripped it. I hit the 50(field 5/worr.com)off the break. They didnt even see me go in there. After I swept there whole opposite tape, me and a team-mate ran and bunkered the last 2 guys. We took a full max that game. Then we noticed that a couple teams in our group dropped some games. We noticed we still had a really good chance. We went out in our last game with all intentions on winning. We pushed really hard, we lost 2 guys but still came out with 96 points. We ended up winning our division and going on to the finals.

In the finals our first game was againts the people that beat us earlier(hardcore) We both came out really agressive. Both teams dropped 2 guys very earlier, then we took another of theres. With time running low i hit the 50 to get the flag. Well once i did that i see a guy from the other team run in front of me to grab the flag. We almost ran into each other. Well after i lit him up i grabbed the flag then time ran out. We had 3 guys left they had one but they got the pull. We had 22 points they had 30. In our second game we had some really bad reffing calls. A guy from the other team ran out of bounds and bunkered me and the refs called both of us out. I was in a key spot so it really sucked. Well we ended up winning that game anyways but lost a couple guys. In the last game we knew we already took third but we really wanted to beat this last team. We took 2 of them off the break, while they got me on the break. They fought strong bringing it to a 3v1. Well they did a 2 man rush on our last guy he shot both out. He noticed there was only 20 seconds left and went to pull and hang the flag. Not knowing there was another guy left he got lit up and the other team ended up winning.

We played really good all weekend and had alot of fun doing it. Mad props to AGD, I got a LVL 10 put in a friends mag and i am very impressed. They had a great booth and i'm not sure who that girl was but she was mad hot and seemed really cool(a little quite!!LOL).

We are sponsored by Warped Sportz, they really noticed how good and capable we are and they are extending our sponsorship program. So i got to hang out with Rocky and Lasoya, Rabacoff, Fow. We might even be in the next Jawbreaker movie. Everything is really moving now, I also play for a different team who plays the full NPPL curcuit. So i'm really starting to progress into my mail goal TO BECOME THE YOUNGEST PRO!!!

i-luv-my-rt
08-10-2002, 02:41 PM
Pics will be up sometime soon i hope!!!

oldsoldier
08-10-2002, 02:57 PM
Good job man! glad you had fun. And good luck accomplishing what you set out to do.

rehme
08-10-2002, 06:10 PM
good job what kind of prizes did you get

i-luv-my-rt
08-10-2002, 06:57 PM
We got like shirts, barrel condoms, P8nt subscriptions and some other little stuff. We didnt go for the prizes it was just a phat time.

magc68
08-10-2002, 07:58 PM
congrats shawn.

when u gonna come out and scrimmage us?

i-luv-my-rt
08-10-2002, 10:24 PM
Hey Ken,

Well now that i play for Diluted you guys will have to come out to GRC sometime and practice some 10-man or something. We are planning on going out to Headrush sometime and get some practice in. I just kind of go along with what the team does. If you can get me some info i could pass it on and we could get some good practice in.

Thanks man!!

magc68
08-12-2002, 05:32 PM
i talked to mitch and u guys r suppose to be practicing lockout this weekend so rob can play. last week diluted was suppose to come up to headrush and practice us but they backed out. i few bad expirences at grc or we would go down there. jake is a great guy and headursh is a nice place. tempest just got a DYE sponsorship so they will be at headrush showing all their new stuff off. ill keep fred and rob updated and we will get something set up.

i-luv-my-rt
08-13-2002, 08:42 PM
Yea saturday we are practicing somewhere's in Rochester. I dont really know all the info i just follow what everybody says. I guess we couldnt practice at headrush because not everybody had rides or something like that. We should get together and do a little practicing or something.