PDA

View Full Version : Interesting problem with my trigger rod

loudhush
08-10-2002, 03:34 PM
Ok here is the deal. After gassing up my minni-mag with AIR valve it will fire perfect for about 50 rounds. (dry fire or with paint) After that my problem will slowly arise.

The trigger rod does not return fully to the starting position. Sometimes it will not return at all. When the rod does not move at all, a swift smack to the valve seems to knock it free.

Things that I have crossed my mind as to the problem.

1) On/Off assembly needs new o-rings. Changed them with no success.

2) Not enough pressure from the reg. Changed the reg-seat with no success. Besides it seems to work for 50 rounds...I kinda don't think so.

3) Might be a power tube-spacer issue. I don't have a spacer kit...but it used to work no problem...I don't know what I could have done that would cause me to need a different spacer.

So I have attached two pics, I figured someone would ask to see the sear and bolt. They don't look worn down to me...but I'll let you decide.

Let me know what you think. I tried my best to figure it out on my own...with no success...obviously.

loudhush
08-10-2002, 03:35 PM
And just the bolt.

personman
08-10-2002, 04:09 PM
I think someone might have adjusted the trigger rod. This could do it. Back the trigger rod out a bit or get a new sear. This might help, if you have a trigger stop this could do it also..

vf-xx
08-10-2002, 04:58 PM
Check your rail where the sear pin rests. Try lubing/greasing the sear pin in the body rail. Also check the top of the gripframe for things that it can get hung up on.

My idea is that for some reason your sear pin is working its way out of the rail (or trying to atleast) and getting jammed.

personman
08-10-2002, 05:03 PM
Im pretty sure its the trigger rod length, when I installed my double trigger I diddnt cut the trigger guard all the way so it kind of acted like a trigger stop, and the exact thing happened.
Here, do this. Take a butterknife or something strong you can get behind the trigger, and manually push the trigger pin back as far as u can get it. If it fires, then thats the problem.

speedfreak233
08-10-2002, 08:13 PM
I had this same exact problem with the sear rod length, mine would slowly screw itself in when I had fired for awhile. I ended up putting some plumbers tape on threads and the problem stopped.

virus
08-10-2002, 09:05 PM
that is boltstick.....

friet try oilin the mag....

if oil dont help.... get a powertube spacer kit and follow the direction on the back of the package.....

my mini did this everyonce in a while.... when i first got it now problems.... then all of a sudden one day (ok 3weeks and 7 cases after i got it) it developed bolt stick.... the only thing i can think of as to why this happens.... all new parts with no wear... normal wear from use changes things just enough to cause a problem.... but the point it th eparts have worn to are problem as bad as it is gonna get and perfectly normal... but require a non moving part to be changes to bring it all back together again...

and on that note i need to goto bed so i can wake up in 5 hours to go to work my 3rd 12 hour shift in a row..... but at least it payes the bills and pays for my paint ahbit =)