PDA

View Full Version : It ain't easy being cheesy...

rx2
08-10-2002, 04:29 PM
I just thought I would share this, especially with the way everyone is looking for a funny name. I find it amusing, maybe someone else will, too.

It ain't easy being cheesy; so says Chester the Cheetah. Well, I disagree.

I have a penchant for the absurd and the stupid. As such, when I began playing paintball again after a few years of absence, due to college, I began to kick around the idea of getting some friends together to form an unusual team. I don't know how feasible it will be, but in the meantime I formulated a team name, player name designations, and yes, even a logo.

The team is Team RAD. RAD is currently the name I and a few friends use for our mock label that we produce music for. I decided to expound on this and make it an acronym that can be applied to all ventures. RAD will stand for Really Awesome Dudes.

Rad dudes need rad names. I will be Captain Rad, and will sport epaulets and a cape of some sort. Other names will include Majesto, The Dude, a name I probably shouldn't print here, and Dr. Awsome (based on a real person!). There are a few other names I can't recall.

Our team would wear only the most awesome colors and textiles. Stuff you might have seen while watching the TV about 15 years ago, or on VH-1 Classics. Form over function? You bet! Well, at least off of the field.

IF thisn't cheesy enough (which I doubt), I have created a logo the like of which no one would ever dare employ. This may be the most stupid thing that I have ever created, but that is what makes it great (to me).

So, here you have it! I may add a few things. Don't say I didn't warn you.

rehme
08-10-2002, 06:04 PM
that is not that bad looks kool

WARPED1
08-10-2002, 06:16 PM
You going to have names such as General Disaster and Major Damage?

Gotenks
08-10-2002, 08:13 PM
you mine as well call yourself the rainbow brigade...

lol, just kidding.

Here's the logo for my team, sadly enough, I'm the only one on the team without a mag HAHAHAAHA still got the cocker, and it is turning crappier ever day I use it at the field. (thats why I didn't want to trade it anymore, didnt want anyone else to suffer when they already have a mag)

Army
08-10-2002, 10:05 PM
As one who also enjoys bucking the system, I say it's a great idea! More power to you guys:)

rx2
08-10-2002, 11:53 PM
I figure that I see all of these ultra-serious guys with names, that are supposed to instill fear, end up looking foolish. Well, why not confuse the other team instead? Start by looking foolish!
Now, that may not really work, but for me it is more entertaining than trying to be tough-looking. I could go out dressed all in black, staring the opposition down, and trash talking till tuesday. But, I figure that I might have some fun while I still can.
It does make for good juxtaposition, though, considering I'm 6'3", 210, and have a crew-cut, with a normally stoic attitude to boot. People expect me to behave very differently when they first see me then I actually do.
Irony is good.

Jonno06
08-11-2002, 08:25 AM
lol..thats hilarious..

also a great idea...