PDA

View Full Version : Putting your finger infront of other bolts

Reo5th
08-10-2002, 08:55 PM
I setup my LX kit today and was showing it off to my friend with a cocker. It was pretty funny.

Friend: dumbest move was putting my finger in my cocker
Reo5th: LOL
Reo5th: i told you not to
Reo5th: did it hurt?
Friend: yeah
Friend: if i'd put it in my spyder, i wouldn't have a finger anymore
Reo5th: good 'ol level 10

He put in a pen first to show me that it wouldn't be that bad. It was pretty funny though.

Has anyone seen/heard of anyone doing this in any other marker? I'm sure it could be pretty bad with some setups.

cris8762
08-10-2002, 09:02 PM
i know that people have done it with cockers, and it can be done with an impulse that has a lpr, but u get horrible efficiency

wes
08-10-2002, 09:08 PM
i put my finger in a freeflow and it sort of hurt :(

but good ol LX, gotta love it :D

Ken Kaniff
08-10-2002, 09:14 PM
Heck yeah! I'll give you a piece of my mind. I was the one from this conversation and I bruised my finger a little because I'm running at stock pressure. If I ran LP I think I could put lots of things in my cocker. I put a pen in my cocker and it was fine, but my finger hurts. My finger isn't hard though, and my pen is so hard.

Archangel Kid
08-10-2002, 10:04 PM
uhh..... i show off my low bolt pressure on my cocker all the time... orracle lpr.... best that i've used so far.... and i'll shoot it with no force from my finger pushing on the bolt about 20 times and everyones amazed... i pull my finger out and its perfectly fine... so the cocker u can deffinitally do it no prob.....

Angry Man
08-10-2002, 10:14 PM
Very cool. I'm hoping I'll be able to do that to my cocker eventually.

rehme
08-10-2002, 11:56 PM
i was talking to the field owner he is one of my friends he has a dark angel with angel air and he said he would put his finger in it because it runs on 86psi but i dont know what to think 86psi is really low what do you guys think if a angel can run on 86psi i am not a really a angel freak but he said he would when i get my gun back i will report back

Brian68mag
08-11-2002, 01:36 AM
LOL
this guy tried with a impy and got a minor bruise and cut, and yelped a bit.
Guy with a krypinite(EDIT it was a works cocker, my bad, to many of the darn things) cocker shot his finger with no problems.
noone else would try it.

Cliffio
08-11-2002, 03:14 AM
ive put my finger in my breech, it didnt hurt....that much, i mean i felt it, and i wouldnt do it over and over but ive done it

Cliff

steveg
08-11-2002, 06:09 AM
Matrix! with a trinity of course. without they bite real hard.

the prefered trinity setting method is remove the breach,
and fire against your finger to judge if you are setting
the trinity pressure to high.

cris8762
08-11-2002, 11:43 AM
brian, did the guy with the impy have a LPR? ..... if he didnt.....ouch......man...he musta been real dumb to try that without a lpr...lol.....

Aranarth
08-11-2002, 03:36 PM
I did that with my shutter. Definately much harder than my now LX'd RT, but didn't even come close to breaking skin. Little skin bruise that went away in 5-10 mins.
-AranarthX

stooks
08-11-2002, 03:51 PM
I can do it with all of my cockers.. got to love that 25psi bolt pressure :)

Angry Man
08-11-2002, 03:52 PM
I used a carpenter pencil:

Basically stock cocker made a little dent in it after firing about ten times with it in the breech. Every time the cocker recocked sucessfully and after removing the pencil it shot fine afterwards, didn't even skip a shot. Basically like level ten but a lot more force from the bolt, which could be reduced with a few upgrades.

My spyder put a big dent in the pencil and failed to recock. No air came out of the bolt, either, for that matter so with a really light spring and heavy hammer I could easily see it not doing much damage, but it would still need to be recocked by hand just to fire the next time.

Reo5th
08-11-2002, 03:56 PM
Hey angry - is your cocker fixed yet? I can't wait til you get it timed and working again.

Angry Man
08-11-2002, 04:27 PM
It was never out of time, I'm just a moron. I turned the velocity up so high that the back block couldn't push the cocking rod back far enough for it to cock the marker. Anyway, my previous attempts at timing messed it up so I just went ahead and retimed it and It's almost perfect but the two steps are a tiny bit too close to each other so there's no vacuum timing. Also, the velocity is like 60fps now I need to turn it up.

Anyway, it rips now. I fanned to see if it could keep up and it kept up fine even over 10bps.

headcase
08-11-2002, 04:51 PM
The Excal and the Viking will do it.

TRIAD
08-11-2002, 07:03 PM
I'll put my finger in front of my bolt any day of the week. http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=46348

Oh, and the AKA guns kind of hurt when you put your finger in front of them. I was recently at the IAO and got to try a bunch. I tried Nasty's, Raceguns, Extreems, Standard Emags, um, etc. No, I didn't put my finger in all of these, just letting you know that I talk from experience.

Now, the AKA guns are not a pleasant thing to put your finger in front of, and let me tell you, one of the guys who plays with an AKA gun was there, and he's like, yeah, i'll put my finger in front of it. So right when I pull the trigger he removes his finger. Also, the guy who actually did it wasn't willing to rip on the gun and cringed when the bolt hit his finger. While many guns "can" do it, I speak from experience, and what they say may not be true.

headcase
08-11-2002, 07:28 PM
Well if it was set up right, it is not a big deal with the AKA markers. I bet if you set a LX up the wrong way it will still hurt.

Check the video--- AKA Viking

rhetor22
08-11-2002, 07:47 PM
hope Tom hasn't started a finger brutality club here.

Havoc_online
08-11-2002, 08:00 PM
depending on how you play with your LPR

cockers bolt speeds can be around 6-8,9 FPS

angels are closer to 8-9 along with timmy's and impy's

mind you that's a one speed bolt, the softer you make it on paint, the more your ROF suffers

the Level 10 bolt moves at 4 FPS in the first stage and 16 FPS in the second. gotta love it

TRIAD
08-11-2002, 08:23 PM
This wasn't just any AKA gun, it was one of the one's at their booth at the IAO, the one's that are serviced to perfection.