PDA

View Full Version : For people who say the new Alu valves don't make a difference...

DiRTyBuNNy
08-11-2002, 02:07 AM
it was said earlier that the new Aluminum valve fronts only save like 3 oz over a normal valve...and some people have said that 3 oz isn't anything...well..after lots of exhaustive research and sleepless nights..i found out that the difference between an IR3 and a Fly IR3 is only about 4 oz..so..that being said..people spend a lot of money on a Fly Angel for saving 4 oz of weight..so yes...3 oz can make a heck of a lot of difference...

Kaiser Bob
08-11-2002, 03:08 AM
Did you by chance find the exact weight of the IR3 and Fly IR3? I couldent find it anywhere.

DiRTyBuNNy
08-11-2002, 04:09 AM
nope..they just noted the weight difference between the two...

Arturus
08-11-2002, 04:40 AM
Not really here to debate whether the Alu valve makes a difference or not..

However, I think those people who pay the extra $$$ for the Fly do so for two reasons -

1. For whatever reasons (hype, friends, 'cool' factor) they want what they consider the 'best'.

2. They have the money to spend, so why not.

They might tell themselves otherwise, but I higly doubt it's for the 4 oz difference in weight.

If I had the money to spare, sure... I'd go buy an Aluminum valve.

Just my humble opinion of course. ;)

dansim
08-11-2002, 06:24 AM
you think mayber the like the milling of the fly more than the ir3?hmmmm what the difference between an ir3 and a ccir3?

shartley
08-11-2002, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by Arturus
Not really here to debate whether the Alu valve makes a difference or not..

However, I think those people who pay the extra $$$ for the Fly do so for two reasons -

1. For whatever reasons (hype, friends, 'cool' factor) they want what they consider the 'best'.

2. They have the money to spend, so why not.

They might tell themselves otherwise, but I higly doubt it's for the 4 oz difference in weight.

If I had the money to spare, sure... I'd go buy an Aluminum valve.

Just my humble opinion of course. ;)
I could not agree more.... you saved me from having to post it. ;)

sniper1rfa
08-11-2002, 10:00 AM
yeah, but the Al valves can be annodized purty colors!. :D

HoppysMag
08-11-2002, 10:45 AM
were as 3 oz may be alot after a long time ( like a marathon runner wearing socks) but its just not a good enough reason to buy one... im sure its a cool thing but thats not reason enough for me...

Bartleby
08-11-2002, 07:03 PM
i think, should i come across whatever the cost of the new valve is, i would get one. for one, i'm looking into getting a retro (after all it's the only thing left i can get) and i don't think it's it's that much more money to get the aluminum one over the original retro. but for people who already have a retro/emag/rtpro, it would make the same amount of sense as upgrading from an ir3 to a c&c ir3...which, needless to say, makes no sense at all.

angelKiller16
08-11-2002, 11:36 PM
Let's just all agree on one of these two things that i think are true. Anyone who buys an Angel has way to much money on thier hands and 4oz is nothing and no-one should pay the $ diffrence for a fly ir3 over a ir3. So imop IT's A complete waste of money but people who own angels hae way to much money anyway so they can spend whatever to get the 4oz lighter not that it makes a difference. As for mags. thier small and light enough aleady