PDA

View Full Version : Not a flame/slam

WARPED1
08-11-2002, 02:02 PM
OK I was looking throught the mag pictures thread and I noticed something about everyone with a warp.
So your gun is shorter great,you shouldn't come over the top of your bunker anyway,so now warp guns are fat!Wide as ever,so leaning out a touch will make a larger profile to hit.Thats reason #435 why I,IMO,warp feeds suck,the upside dowen shooting is great,but I hate "fat" guns.

Butterfingers
08-11-2002, 02:04 PM
You only need to lean the gun out a little bit. If you are gettng shot in the warp you are getting shot in the chest anyway.

a_malfunction
08-11-2002, 02:09 PM
When you come out the other side of the bunker, you tilt the gun about 45 degrees.... that way, you dont have to switch hands, and they still cant see your hopper.

acecl22
08-11-2002, 02:10 PM
If you are going to lean out the right side of a bunker than you profile is much smaller(as there is no hopper sticking way out into the air) as for leaning out the left side of the bunker, there is no longer a need to change your shooting hand as you can turn the marker sideways and shoot out the left side.(hope this makes sence)

acecl22
08-11-2002, 02:12 PM
awww man you guys beat me to it while i was typing-then i had to get the phone.

wes
08-11-2002, 02:18 PM
oh darn i made a movie thing of it! :rolleyes:

acecl22
08-11-2002, 02:23 PM
Thats awesome WES, that guy is wiked goofey lookin

wes
08-11-2002, 02:29 PM
LOL i dont know how to make a mask, here i touched it up a little

edit: omgmogogm i added this newer one

WARPED1
08-11-2002, 02:35 PM
I guess I still care what my gun looks like,plus all the extra weight,the noise doesn't bother me.

acecl22
08-11-2002, 02:36 PM
lol, how did you make it i want to be able to make those

wes
08-11-2002, 02:38 PM
its a program called flash from macromedia you can download a demo at http://www.macromedia.com/

WARPED1
08-11-2002, 02:48 PM
The movie was very cool by the way.lol

gibby
08-11-2002, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Butterfingers
You only need to lean the gun out a little bit. If you are gettng shot in the warp you are getting shot in the chest anyway.

Agreed! At first, I thought it made my marker fat, but when I practiced in the mirror, I saw that my hopper basically sat in the open chest area. So getting hit in the hopper meant I would have gotten shot in the chest anyway.

acecl22
08-11-2002, 04:17 PM
Hey gibby, that sounds like a nice gun, I hope to have a setup exactly like that(besides the retro) when im done upgrading my mag.

WARPED1
08-11-2002, 04:27 PM
Not the hopper,the warp!Look how it sits at a weird angle?Looke to fugly to me.And on another note,can someone explain what the intelliframe is?Is it just an intellifeed grip?Or is it like a hyperframe?I hear the trigger is better.And do you need/should you use one on an emag lx(I plan on getting one soon)

felony
08-11-2002, 04:32 PM
i am almost positive that the intelliframe CANNOT be used on a EMAG. it is set up for the RT/classics as it mechanical. the intelliframe is a normal double trigger that has the proper "internals" to house electronic components to allow your hooper to agitate on every trigger pull..

dan

WARPED1
08-11-2002, 04:38 PM
Thanx man,I was curious.Iposted somewhere else,whats the big deal with the extremes other than milling and aluminum valve?(See I'm going back to mag,I miss my old mag.)

gibby
08-11-2002, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by acecl22
Hey gibby, that sounds like a nice gun, I hope to have a setup exactly like that(besides the retro) when im done upgrading my mag.
Thanks Acec122! Yeah, it's a pretty kewl set up. Spent a pretty penny on it but well worth every bit! Good luck with your set up...post pictures when you do! I'd be kewl to know my mag has a twin brother or sister. Hehe! ;)

acecl22
08-11-2002, 04:57 PM
As soon as its done and my dad gets a digital camera it will be up here(well in the pics thread prolly)

than205
08-11-2002, 06:52 PM
I funny that you mention it.
I was just telling my friend that I'm sure I'm not going back to the hopper on top.

1. I want to clear off the top of my gun. So this is the first step. There will be more things I will do.

2. It's the best delivery system for paint besides perhaps the HALO. If I had just a HALO it would negate number 1. If I have level 10/revy combo there might be times where the bolt bounces off a ball because the hopper isn't keeping up. In my mind a ball isn't coming out the end of the barrel and I have wasted a trigger pull. The WARP or HALO is the only way I feel sure that a ball gets delivered into the breach fully.

3. Some complain about the weight. Honestly, when the whistle is blown there is no weight issue anymore. What I mean is I don't even think about it, I'm busy. Too boot I I have switched back to remote. I know this may not be "cool", but I see no reason not too. I have played for the last year and a half with my tank "on gun". It's the carrying back and forth from the field that bothers me, like I said it's a non issue when the whistle blows.

4. The other issue people mention is the awkwardness of it. I took my warp off and put my hopper back on top. I'm to the point where now that feels wrong and awkward.

5. Do you honestly feel that that blimp on top of your gun is georgous? With the Warp I have awesome piece of technology doing it's job. If your that hung up on looks, that's you. Great, good for you. I want paint in the breach of my gun.

This is not meant as a flame. I just want to point out a few things.

felony
08-11-2002, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by than205
3. Some complain about the weight. Honestly, when the whistle is blown there is no weight issue anymore. What I mean is I don't even think about it, I'm busy. Too boot I I have switched back to remote. I know this may not be "cool", but I see no reason not too. I have played for the last year and a half with my tank "on gun". It's the carrying back and forth from the field that bothers me, like I said it's a non issue when the whistle blows.

very well put than205.

lots of people care about weight of markers. i do as well, but only like you said; when carrying to field or from fill stations to wherever.

when the adrenaline is pumping, that thing could be another 10 pounds!!

just wanted to let you know someone else was with you, than.

dan