PDA

View Full Version : AHHH: Big Leak with LVL10- Help

surfer349
08-11-2002, 08:48 PM
Ok, heres the deal:

I just got lvl10 so i started installing it. I started with the carrier with one streak across it because it was pretty snug on the bolt. so i gas it up and it leaked out the front of the bolt, and the bolt didnt fire all the way. so i pushed it around with my finger and the noise changed, which means to go one size smaller.

so i took it all apart and put on the carrier with NO streaks across it. when i gased it up, air leaked out of everything. out of the q/d, the rear velocity, and the seam or the valve (to the right of the "stars").

so i thought something was loose or what not so i opened it up and went through everything, which looked fine, and gased it up again. it does the same thing.

so i decided to put the regular bolt back on, and it STILL does it. Ive tried 2 different tanks, a CO2 and a nitro and air blows out of everywhere.

HELP

*edit* oh yea, i think some oil might have gotten inside the gas line where the q/d connects to the valve. Could this be the problem?

adam

surfer349
08-12-2002, 09:46 AM
help

joeyjoe367
08-12-2002, 02:10 PM
did you make sure to:

1. PUt in the backing washer?
2. put o-rings in the carriers?
3. make sure the carriers themselves have their black o-rings?
4. Put in the correct o-ring into the carrier?
5. add 1, 2, or 3 shims?
6. make sure the shims are seated correctly?

surfer349
08-12-2002, 06:38 PM
all of those ive done, except for the shims, because the instructions said to test it first without the shims. Also, when i putt the old bolt back on it, it still leaks.

What do i do?
help

joeyjoe367
08-13-2002, 03:32 AM
when you put your old bolt back in, i'm assuming that you're putting in your old powertube spacer/tip also, correct?

What spring are you using? try using a longer one. When it's leaking, does pressing on the bolt face change the noise?

surfer349
08-13-2002, 09:50 AM
im using a short spring, the original one that was on the bolt. no i havent tried pushing the tip of the bolt around, because the leak isnt coming from there, its cming out the back, the rear velocity, the q/d connector, and the seam of the valve where the word "minimag" comes together.

help

joeyjoe367
08-13-2002, 12:59 PM
Hmmm... I couldn't tell you exactly where the leaks are comming from, but this is what I would do:

replace known good with possible bad.

replace that Q/D, and see if that's the problem, re-teflon tape it.

oh, and check the huge o-ring that goes between the valve halves to make sure there's no big nicks, etc.. replace it and see if it fixes it, if not, put the origeonal one back.