PDA

View Full Version : Another anti-Paintball Site (Airsofters at it again)

Ov3rmind
08-11-2002, 11:06 PM
www.paintballisgay.com
Luckily they have a forum that some PBers are spamming up anyway. Just thought I'd show everyone.

subbeh
08-11-2002, 11:11 PM
LOL. Who cares... haha.

RTMAGBOY13
08-11-2002, 11:26 PM
hahahahaha i read on the first thingy there

The angry paintballers have come faster than expected, making the forum an interesting place. Head on over and read about how good paintball is, and see lots of random images with the word "OWNED" ms-painted on them. Gotta love those paintballers. Speaking of images, I'll close with this

OWNED HAHAHAHAHA sounds familiar:p

OldSchoolMag
08-11-2002, 11:46 PM
That has to be the most useless way to spend thirty dollars I have ever seen. Maybe those guys should be out trying to get laid instead of picking pointless fights with thousands of internet paintball trolls. Maybe I shouldn't care.

Oh well.

OSM

(Although, I rather enjoyed the picture of the plane crashing into the truck that read "OWNED!")

Ov3rmind
08-12-2002, 12:01 AM
The OWNED pic is awesome, I had to save that on my comp.

nutz
08-12-2002, 12:45 AM
i think i just got dumber...

lunchbox
08-12-2002, 03:58 AM
i must be stupid that site made no sence to me whatsoever
someone clue me in. mayby i need to download a translation program cause like i said wow what the hell are they talkin about.

shartley
08-12-2002, 07:18 AM
Well, I went and took a quick look….

Please next time anyone finds a Retard Depot like that again, DON’T post it here on AO. Those guys could not find their way out of their rears if you shined a spotlight up them and blasted “Come towards the light!” with a bullhorn.

You could take most everything they say and change the subject matter to Mac/PC, Import/Domestic, Muscle/Sports, Dog/Cat, Man/Woman, etc. and it would have still worked the same. They are not interested in promoting their sport, nor helping anyone. They are only interested in bashing another sport and group of people to somehow make themselves feel better about their perpetual pre-pubescent lives and lack of real social interaction. They are a sad group and more sadly, I feel somehow less than I was before going there…….

Sir Chopsalot
08-12-2002, 09:01 AM
......:confused:

cphilip
08-12-2002, 09:05 AM
Living proof there should be an IQ test before you can get on the net....

http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/explode.gif

manike
08-12-2002, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by cphilip

http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/explode.gif

true... but the net would be a quiet place without all the Americans :eek:

;)

manike

manike
08-12-2002, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by manike

true... but the net would be a quiet place without all the Americans :eek:

;)

manike

Maybe I should qualify that post a little...

It would be a quiet place if you stopped all the Americans that FAILED the IQ test... ;)

Seems to be sometimes the net is just full of silly people :)

manike

cphilip
08-12-2002, 09:20 AM
LOL! Never can resist a dig can you! Dang Brits... http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/tosser1.gif

manike
08-12-2002, 09:26 AM
LOL! Never can resist a dig can you! Dang Brits... http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/tosser1.gif

yeah you're right. I'm sorry, it's just too easy...

Must go back to challenging fights... where's Shartley at? ;)

manike

cphilip
08-12-2002, 09:30 AM
Somehow I trust he is sitting somewhere doing this: http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/eesdl.gif

However it may just be taking him a half hour to type out his "brief" response! :D

manike
08-12-2002, 09:33 AM
Somehow I trust he is sitting somewhere doing this: http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/eesdl.gif

However it may just be taking him a half hour to type out his "brief" response! :D

LMAO! Stop(start) playing on the smiley page... I just gave you all the excuse you needed didn't I! :)

BTW that one above is quite rude really. I take it you know the meaning? Oh of course you do... 'takes one' and all that ;)

manike

aaron_mag
08-12-2002, 09:33 AM
Well Manike I we could go political and historical but we won't.........:D

As for the site I thought it was hilarious. I really couldn't care less. Definetely not going to win a debate in there when the final argument would be is gay, is not, is gay, is not....:D

shartley
08-12-2002, 09:37 AM
Doh! ;)

But seriously… um… well…. Bah… :D

I think we should start a new site/forum “TooManyIdiotsOnTheInternet.net”. And we should use NET because that would eliminate quite a few idiots that can’t find it because it isn’t a .com. ;) And of course we already know the topic of discussion. We could then hunt down the idiots and rate them…
:rolleyes:

cphilip
08-12-2002, 09:41 AM
Yes SIR you did! Gonna regret it I think!!!

Perhaps it has a meaning I am overlooking? No don't get it from your perspective I guess. Looked like an angry man taping his mouth shut wanting to say something he shouldn't. But if I am nieve then please enlighten me! perhap it means something internationaly I need to know...

HoppysMag
08-12-2002, 09:56 AM
well you know people get like that when they have no skills...:D

THAT IS GREAT!!:D

aaron_mag
08-12-2002, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by shartley
Doh! ;)

But seriously… um… well…. Bah… :D

I think we should start a new site/forum “TooManyIdiotsOnTheInternet.net”. And we should use NET because that would eliminate quite a few idiots that can’t find it because it isn’t a .com. ;) And of course we already know the topic of discussion. We could then hunt down the idiots and rate them…
:rolleyes:

Actually a better site would be "IdiotsOnTheInternetDotCom.com". The spelled out dotcom would really screw some people up.
:D

Hexis
08-12-2002, 10:29 AM
If you want to see the site, better do it soon. It clearly violates the site's upstream's AUP, and I suspect it won't be around long, as their abuse department is on it.

You gotta like strict AUPs.

manike
08-12-2002, 10:32 AM
Looked like an angry man taping his mouth shut wanting to say something he shouldn't.

That wasn't the smiley I was on about ;)

manike

cphilip
08-12-2002, 10:34 AM
the shaking fist at you one? Hmmmm and I avoided using the single middle finger one right next to it too! Well spank my behind and call me Judy! :D I had no idea!!! Sorry...

paintbattler
08-12-2002, 11:03 AM
ok, that site doesnt make sense and is stupid

manike
08-12-2002, 11:08 AM
the shaking fist at you one?

ok, if that's what you think it's doing :) I though so too until I quoted your post :eek:

manike

cphilip
08-12-2002, 11:15 AM
Its a shaking fist and thats that! (gulp)

Ov3rmind
08-12-2002, 12:45 PM
I managed to get banned in 2 days from their forum! Sweet!

Pathetic, I know, but I have nothing else to do.

cphilip
08-12-2002, 03:21 PM
You should have known better than to go over there and post something intelligent and clever without cursing. Serve ya right! :)

RetroEclipseMan
08-12-2002, 04:11 PM
That site is retarted.I remember a few years ago when my friends heard about airsoft they sold all their paintball gear to get airsoft guns and then discovered that there's no place to play in washington really.

AcemanPB
08-12-2002, 09:34 PM
that site is preety stupid, btw what FPS do airsoft guns shoot, and what kinda range do they have vs. pb guns

.40 caliber right?

HoppysMag
08-12-2002, 09:54 PM
airsoft guns are 6 MM, and from what i hear they have no accuracy at any range... they are only accurate up close...

ntn4502
08-13-2002, 12:44 AM
where are the AO hackers when you need em?

giblit
08-13-2002, 01:03 AM
why am i banned from there when its my first time going there

warpfeedmod
08-13-2002, 12:09 PM
edited for content...sorry :p

masonekramer
08-13-2002, 12:44 PM
speaking of ownage pictures, what are your guys favorites? I'll upload some of mine..

shartley
08-13-2002, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by warpfeedmod

Lets take it to the field boys..

that's all I gotta say..
Nice thought.. but you may want to read what the actual picture says... it is against AO Rules. (Read bottom text)

mike e
08-13-2002, 12:53 PM
anyone who has enough spare time to dedicate a web site to hating something is utterly and totally a loser.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

in this case ignorence may be better, dont trash other peoples hobbies, as long as no one is getting hurt, let them have their fun

oldsoldier
08-13-2002, 01:07 PM
Lol...that site didnt last long...thats what happens when kids get hold of mom and dads credit cards and pcs....honestly, I am a grunt in the Army, and WE dont curse that much!

warpfeedmod
08-13-2002, 01:08 PM
sorry about that Shart...didn't even notice that..not my pic but someone elses...rather then edit it I've just removed it :p

shartley
08-13-2002, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by warpfeedmod
sorry about that Shart...didn't even notice that..not my pic but someone elses...rather then edit it I've just removed it :p
Hey, no problem….. I figured you did not notice it. I just did not want to see you get in trouble for an oversight. :)

shartley
08-13-2002, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by oldsoldier
Lol...that site didnt last long...thats what happens when kids get hold of mom and dads credit cards and pcs....honestly, I am a grunt in the Army, and WE dont curse that much!
????? It is still online and going strong. I however have a feeling it will not be for long.... ;)

shartley
08-13-2002, 02:10 PM
I just went and read more of their forums. Funny how the vast majority of the posts are about the NAME of the site and not about helping their sport.

They also seem to like the attention they are getting….. What I say is this….. Remember Tom wanting to test his servers? Remember what we all did to help him do this? Well, I wonder how their server would hold up to all of us Paintball Folks “visiting” their site and forums at the same time? And I wonder how their server would hold up if we did not hold back to “standard” traffic requests like we did for Tom…. Hmmmmm

I know many of us could do a DOS Attack with little to no effort, but one caused by shear numbers (and actually from the paintball community) would be very funny and send a statement.

Do I hear a Paintballisgay.com Party coming on? ;)

(Note: I also like how they think they are the world’s best Graphic Artists and 1337 computer gurus. LOL)

(ADDED: I want to put my point home further if I may… They have 15 posts TOTAL dealing with Airsoft in the correct Airsoft Related Threads. They have 763 posts either about their site name, pissing contests, or other such crap. I even gave them the benefit of the doubt and decided to look into a genuine Airsoft question/post…. And this is what I found….

I don't like being told to move along when i ask a serious question.
NOTE: He actually DID ask a serious question, he was honestly wanting to know what made Airsoft a cool sport… and was NOT being sarcastic. He was followed by the Admin posting this:

Then don't come to my forum, make your own, and don't let anyone tell you to "move along". This one is ours, we'll tell you to move along if we want to. If you don't like it so much, then you really should, well, MOVE ALONG.
As you can clearly see, this is only a site for a small group of punks to act tough, insult everyone, then act like THEY are the victims yet continue to swear, insult, and be downright nasty.

Their biggest arguments seem to be that they can do anything they want and noone can do anything about it, they are computer Gods, and well… nah nah nah nah nah nah. I say out of principle alone AO should hold them a “Welcome to the Internet, now let me show you the door…” party as was described in this post. :D)

HoppysMag
08-13-2002, 04:14 PM
LETS CRASH THAT MO FO!!

TRIAD
08-13-2002, 04:17 PM
So when's this "server durability test" going to take place?

Ov3rmind
08-13-2002, 04:33 PM
If I wasn't banned, I'd would've loved to join you guys in a server crash test for that site.

billmi
08-13-2002, 04:38 PM
Though using a web site for a DOS attack (i.e. to rally people to do one) is a violation of most TOS agreemements, likely AOs as well (not the end user agreement, but the one Tom has with Delaware.net).

{begin sarcasm}
But why stop that site! It's the best thing that could happen for paintball.

Remember, controversy gets people talking, and like mancow says, when they stop talking about you you are dead.
{end sarcasm}

Seing as how the site has been spam advertised on a number of paintball forums (post like "Oh, this is horrible, go look at it...") IMHO, it's producers are looking for a cheap and easy way to get a lot of traffic, and they're getting it, everytime some paintballer goes there to defend their sport.

See you on the field,
-Bill Mills

shartley
08-13-2002, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by billmi
Though using a web site for a DOS attack (i.e. to rally people to do one) is a violation of most TOS agreemements, likely AOs as well (not the end user agreement, but the one Tom has with Delaware.net).

<begin sarcasm>
But why stop that site! It's the best thing that could happen for paintball.

Remember, controversy gets people talking, and like mancow says, when they stop talking about you you are dead.
<end sarcasm>

Seing as how the site has been spam advertised on a number of paintball forums (post like "Oh, this is horrible, go look at it...") IMHO, it's producers are looking for a cheap and easy way to get a lot of traffic, and they're getting it, everytime some paintballer goes there to defend their sport.

See you on the field,
-Bill Mills
Bill-
J O K E

I wrote about 6 responses, but none really said what I wanted to say… so, again, I will say J O K E. One of those evil little thoughts, the what ifs, the wouldn’t it be greats.

I simply hate having to be the “bigger man” all the time. And I will leave it at that…. ;) I am sure you will understand, you too have been around the block a couple times. :D

(One more note… TOS Agreements LOLFOF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;))

It has been a VERY long and hot day. LOL

HoppysMag
08-13-2002, 05:27 PM
uh oh we have some one competing for shartleys "Wet Towel" position...

shartley
08-13-2002, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by HoppysMag
uh oh we have some one competing for shartleys "Wet Towel" position...
LOL Ironic that he “twacked” ME with it. ;) :D:D:D

You can call that “Poetic”. :D